Old Franklin County HS Threads

bigmoney128

Good luck. They have a decent returning qb...and a possible playmaker. Use Coach Mantooth as much as possible. Check his background...his experience is unbelieveable. Problem you will face very soon...is parents trying to buddy up and tell you what to do. It happens a lot of places, especially there, Tullahoma and Manchester

Isn't it amazing how Southern Middle Tennessee has a lock on "Buddy up" parents. I've been around alot of places and can tell you there are those everywhere except apparently, in the upper middle Tennessee area. I dare say this would not be anything new to any Coach, but if they haven't had the experience maybe we can share some of our plentiful supplies. Don't worry about me I don't have a child playing.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol...you wait till the parents of cetain NFL players (according to their parents) get mad when they don't get a certain number of carries or TDS

Ok..lol..I understand that...thought for a minute Bret Favre and Tracy Hayworth was moving back to town! I was under the Red Roberts reign at FC and my son under the Mantooth reign, both were great coaches. The spread pass formation will be new concept to FC. should make for exciting Friday nights. A lot of people around town excited to meet the new coach.

During the four years I played against Franklin County in high school, these were some of their players:

Bobby Majors- Safety/Punt Returner- Tennessee

Jimmy Moss- OT- Tennessee

Ben Boswell- OG- Austin Peay

Wayne Sawyer- OT- Austin Peay

Greg Sawyer- OG- MTSU

Greg Mantooth- DT- Alabama

Bill Rudder- FB- Tennessee

Greg O'Neal- TE- Vanderbilt

Randall Miller- DB- MTSU

Raymond Bonner- DB- MTSU

Robert Fraley- QB- Alabama

Quite a tradition for a long time. And, I bet I left someone out.

I hope we are able to add to that tradition, welcome again to ELA.

Thanks again pigskinpal.

CoachT, I hope we can dig down deep and find some of that proud Rebel tradition in FCHS. So many talented men have walked the halls of the old FCHS building and we will need some of that old-school Mojo to rub off onto the boys at the new school.

During the four years I played against Franklin County in high school, these were some of their players:

Bobby Majors- Safety/Punt Returner- Tennessee

Jimmy Moss- OT- Tennessee

Ben Boswell- OG- Austin Peay

Wayne Sawyer- OT- Austin Peay

Greg Sawyer- OG- MTSU

Greg Mantooth- DT- Alabama

Bill Rudder- FB- Tennessee

Greg O'Neal- TE- Vanderbilt

Randall Miller- DB- MTSU

Raymond Bonner- DB- MTSU

Robert Fraley- QB- Alabama

Quite a tradition for a long time. And, I bet I left someone out.

Let's not forget hometown favorite

Phillip Fulmer-UT

I wish the new coach at FCHS luck in turning the program around. If all the sideline coaches will let him coach the team he will do okay. But ask yourself a question, is there any fulmers, fraleys, rudders, hayworths, majors, or corns on the team at this moment. Be realistic about the talent and let the guy coach and all will be well.

I wish the new coach at FCHS luck in turning the program around. If all the sideline coaches will let him coach the team he will do okay. But ask yourself a question, is there any fulmers, fraleys, rudders, hayworths, majors, or corns on the team at this moment. Be realistic about the talent and let the guy coach and all will be well.

Nope....not even close!