Who Wins State AAA?

fish5

Out side of Clarksville Northeast and Northwest no one from east of Jackson will travel to Memphis. Ya'll like playing your cousins too much.. To play you folks we have to come that way. The Competitive Memphis teams always travel somewhere most years. The last 2 years there have be 2 good tournament options for them in Memphis with the MLK and the DRAGONFIRE INV. You talk about strength of schedule. Go somewhere and win. I know this is getting tougher and tougher to do with the new scheduling regulations. If anyone wants 4 good games I will guarantee they will play 4 tough team in a tournament if they can win the first one. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Strength of Schedule argument is worthless at this point. Line up, tip it off, play defense, and hit the open shot. That is how you get here and that is how you win. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep I've been laughing all night about it. We've played some really good teams and had some really good battles this year. We've ran when we wanted to and slowed it down too. Hopefully we are ready to have some fun. I understand that they pride themselves on defense. I think we do ok in that department. Memphis East could have easily been in the Boro again with their talented and well coached group. They gave us a great game. It was fun to coach.

You are so right about East....They were a much better basketball team at the end of the year, than they were at the begining. They gave us all we wanted and more. They are a well coached bunch that will be back and a contender next year.

Out side of Clarksville Northeast and Northwest no one from east of Jackson will travel to Memphis. Ya'll like playing your cousins too much.. To play you folks we have to come that way. The Competitive Memphis teams always travel somewhere most years. The last 2 years there have be 2 good tournament options for them in Memphis with the MLK and the DRAGONFIRE INV. You talk about strength of schedule. Go somewhere and win. I know this is getting tougher and tougher to do with the new scheduling regulations. If anyone wants 4 good games I will guarantee they will play 4 tough team in a tournament if they can win the first one. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Strength of Schedule argument is worthless at this point. Line up, tip it off, play defense, and hit the open shot. That is how you get here and that is how you win. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

That's the beauty of it....It will be decided on the court..... Win or lose, I can guarantee you that Millington and Bartlett will both represent Memphis and 14AAA extremely well!!!! GO 14AAA!!

Yep, the MLK Jr. Tourney and the Dragonfire Tourney is full of good teams that can beat each other. White Station, Houston, Germantown, Memphis Northside, Manassas, Millington, Mitchell, Memphis East, Melrose, to name a few of the dandy dozen that participated in those tournaments. That's enough right there to give you your money's worth or should I say your strength of schedule worth. I'm looking forward to it again next year.

As the coach of one of the teams mentioned by Coach Gat I have been amazed by the strength of schedule rankings all year. Some of the teams mentioned above never got their fair due. The truth about the State tourney is that there is an all star group of officials that meet in the Boro. and there is a different game played in the rest of the state than in Memphis. We have a group of boys officials who feel they are being punished by also having to do a girls game and very seldom do we get a good job done. The officials from the remainder of the state call a purer game and Millington and Bartlett will have to adjust to that style of play since they cant have Memphis officials.

Any team that can play a whole season with only one loss has to be pretty darn good. Congratulations Coach Gat on an excellent season. Regardless of the competition or the strength of schedule I would say that Millington is the real deal. For any of these teams to make the final 8 its awesome. Continue you hard work coach and you will gain the respect of others in the state.

As the coach of one of the teams mentioned by Coach Gat I have been amazed by the strength of schedule rankings all year. Some of the teams mentioned above never got their fair due. The truth about the State tourney is that there is an all star group of officials that meet in the Boro. and there is a different game played in the rest of the state than in Memphis. We have a group of boys officials who feel they are being punished by also having to do a girls game and very seldom do we get a good job done. The officials from the remainder of the state call a purer game and Millington and Bartlett will have to adjust to that style of play since they cant have Memphis officials.

We've really had to adjust almost every game. I know we've had to every tournament. Thanks for the heads up though! I tell my girls all the time "When in Rome...do as the Romans" I think that's how it goes hehehe.

Any team that can play a whole season with only one loss has to be pretty darn good. Congratulations Coach Gat on an excellent season. Regardless of the competition or the strength of schedule I would say that Millington is the real deal. For any of these teams to make the final 8 its awesome. Continue you hard work coach and you will gain the respect of others in the state.

Thanks for the compliment. We have some very good teams in West TN and they play a variety of styles. We've played against every kind of defense you can imagine and I really feel that it made the difference in the post season for us. We've played teams that held the ball and teams that tried to run us out the gym and it all has been an asset for us this season.

As far as the strength of schedule is concerned, I think a variety of styles would be more important to me than the strength of schedule. If you haven't played a particular style and it is thrown at you, it's hard to get your players to adjust if they haven't been working on it. Heck it's hard to get them to understand sometimes when you have worked on it. LOL

However, our schedule was one of the toughest in the Memphis area.

Thanks for the compliment. We have some very good teams in West TN and they play a variety of styles. We've played against every kind of defense you can imagine and I really feel that it made the difference in the post season for us. We've played teams that held the ball and teams that tried to run us out the gym and it all has been an assett for us this season.

As far as the strength of schedule is concerned, I think a variety of styles would be more important to me than the strenth of schedule. If you haven't played a particular style and it is thrown at you, it's hard to get your players to adjust if they haven't been working on it. Heck it's hard to get them to understand sometimes when you have worked on it. LOL

However, our schedule was one of the toughest in the Memphis area.

So coacht what do you believe to be the keys to this game?

Since Bartlett has had its??™ entire lineup they have only lost to one team ??“ Millington. The early season losses were when they had a reduced line-up. So you can squash that strength of schedule bull. 25% of the teams you play do not even enter their schedule!

Bartlett by all means for the past three years has played both tempos and styles. Slow it down and pound the paint (either by entry pass or dribble drive) or speed it up and transition (but under control) AND Bartlett has ALWAYS been able to stroke the jump shot (deep and mid-range).

Millington and Bartlett will be fine. Bring it!

I will guarantee they will play 4 tough team in a tournament if they can win the first one. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Dragonmaster: I totally agree about the rest of Tn traveling to the West for tournaments. Since their strength of schedules are so strong ??“ come on down for the holiday tournaments and strut your stuff. Should be easy pickings! (I think not!) /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />