AA State Tourney

CPA4Ever

Still talking to myself, but....... noticed the Strength vs. Success rankings were pretty accurate in terms of teams going to the 'Boro with the exception of the winner of tonights game. Anderson County and BTW were in the Top 10 and are eliminated.

Here they are with my opinion in ( ):

1- Howard (4)

2-DC (1)

3-Livingston Academy (5)

4-Fulton (6)

5-Austin East (2)

6-Bolivar (7)

8-CPA (3)

20-Haywood vs. 24-Mitchell (8)

There is no seeding at state tourney games. All coaches will meet Sunday 03-09 for a blind draw to determine who plays who and time..Every team will have to bring their "A" game as any can beat the other on a given night..Any of these teams dont play their "A" game for that given night >> they go home. I see you didnt given Bolivar any kudos..best not let them surprize you . GO GET "EM" RURAL WEST TN. TEAMS !!

"DC PRIDE" "DC PRIDE" "DDC PRIDE"

GO CHOCTAWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 out of 8....wow that just leaves LA in the dust. That's fine.....I love pulling for the underdaog. Just so you know....LA is where they are because they have played TREMEDOUSLY well in post season. All 8 teams are loaded with talent....good luck to everyone. I personally hope we draw CPA. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Gee - the Livingston Academy fans are so defensive. If you will take the time to read my previous posts, the 1 out of 8 I said I didn't think could win was the winner of the Mitchell/Haywood game. LA was one of the 7 I said could win, and I never said they were an underdog.

What part of "Not big deal, just interesting" do you not understand?

There is no seeding at state tournty games. All coaches will meet Sunday 03-09 for a blind draw to determine who plays who and time..Every team will have to bring their "A" game as any can beat the other on a given night..Any of these teams dont play their "A" game for that given night >> they go home. I see you didnt given Bolivar any kudos..best not let them surprize you . GO GET "EM" RURAL WEST TN. TEAMS !!

"DC PRIDE" "DC PRIDE" "DDC PRIDE"

GO CHOCTAWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know there is no seeding. That is why I wrote earlier: Simply trying to look at the season and "seed", in a sense, the teams based on this year's results.

And I have not ignored Bolivar - just ranked the 8 "in my opinion" (again, please take time to read the posts).

The rest of your post I agree with and have already posted that I believe any team in the Top 7 can win it all-including Bolivar.

Yeah. I'll wait until they draw to pick my winner in AA.

I've seen 4 of the 8 play, Dyer County, Bolivar, CPA and Livingston Academy. I like Dyer County from that group, would love to see Bolivar and CPA play and LA is right there. I don't think LA's big man can hang with big Z, but they have good guard play like CPA.

Austin East or Fulton will compete. The Knoxville area teams have historically done well, particularly AE.

At one time Booker T and Unicoi County were 1,2 in the AP poll and CPA and Bolivar weren't even in it. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Gee - the Livingston Academy fans are so defensive. If you will take the time to read my previous posts, the 1 out of 8 I said I didn't think could win was the winner of the Mitchell/Haywood game. LA was one of the 7 I said could win, and I never said they were an underdog.

What part of "Not big deal, just interesting" do you not understand?

I did read the post & that's the one I replied to....you mentioning Livingston Academy is the only team in the final 8 that has not beat a final 8 team. We are the only team not to beat one of the 8...does that not make us the underdog? I was just telling you how good they have played post season....since it has been since early season play since you beat us. I do want to draw CPA cause I feel like we are playing 10 times better now..... had CPA lost you would be the same way(It's a pride thing). Why did you think I was being defensive? If you don't want an open discussion or anyone elses view....why get on here & post.

What part of "All 8 teams are loaded with talent....good luck to everyone." do you not get....that's not being defensive.

I did read the post & that's the one I replied to....you mentioning Livingston Academy is the only team in the final 8 that has not beat a final 8 team. We are the only team not to beat one of the 8...does that not make us the underdog? I was just telling you how good they have played post season....since it has been since early season play since you beat us. I do want to draw CPA cause I feel like we are playing 10 times better now..... had CPA lost you would be the same way(It's a pride thing). Why did you think I was being defensive? If you don't want an open discussion or anyone elses view....why get on here & post.

What part of "All 8 teams are loaded with talent....good luck to everyone." do you not get....that's not being defensive.

I pointed out a fact and YOU were the one who concluded from that Livingston Academy was an underdog-not me. I never said they were. I always have said they were good, even after CPA beat them. If they are "playing 10 times better now" as you say, they will win every game in the tourney by 40, and it won't matter who they draw.

Like everyone else, i don`t have a clue who will end up with the gold. Of course, I hope it`s DC, but who knows. I do have a question though. Although rankings mean absolutly nothing,. DC has been slated as the best team in AA, so why do you think we would have to make adjustments to fit CPA`s game plan instead of being the other way around. DC is good enough to that if need be, but CPA will have to be the one to change the game plan. Even if they try to slow it down, DC`s "D" will pick up the pace turning turnovers into points.

You keep mentioning Bid Z can run if needed, but can he run hard all night???

I realize that matchup may never take place, but just responding to other post.

Like everyone else, i don`t have a clue who will end up with the gold. Of course, I hope it`s DC, but who knows. I do have a question though. Although rankings mean absolutly nothing,. DC has been slated as the best team in AA, so why do you think we would have to make adjustments to fit CPA`s game plan instead of being the other way around. DC is good enough to that if need be, but CPA will have to be the one to change the game plan. Even if they try to slow it down, DC`s "D" will pick up the pace turning turnovers into points.

You keep mentioning Bid Z can run if needed, but can he run hard all night???

I realize that matchup may never take place, but just responding to other post.

What other post said DC would have to adjust to CPA?? I didn't see that post.

He is referring to a post on BTW vs. Dyer County! I'll help the misunderstanding! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Wow, if we are going to respond to posts from one forum in another forum, CoachT will become very confusing /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />