Region 3 1A?

bigdog64

We all need to be praying for Silverdale's Chris Goodine. He has been diagnosed with a very rare form of cancer, and he begins chemotherapy this week. You never want to see anything like this happen to any family, but most of all you hate to see it happen to a child. Chris has a great spirit and knows that God will be faithful through this trial. Please be praying for Chris and his family.

That's really sad news. I've watched him grow up with a lot of the kids from DB from the time he was at Senter playing basketball. That is tough news.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not say we are better this year. What I said was we were better than Grace last year and we are better than them this year. We will see if we are better than last year. We did lose a few good players, but we are loaded coming up. The other thing you must remember is that as long as Coach Allen is on the sidelines then Silverdale will continue to be good. Coach Allen always finds athletes who will come to play. This year will be no different.

My guess is that when you have SD at the top of your order of who is going to win, that is saying you are better. I was just confused because you said you aren't better, but you are going to be number 1 this year, ahead of the defending champions...correct?

Hey Guys, most know me on here and know im blunt.. I took alot of crap last year when i said how good spitt was early.. well lets be blunt again.... I had dinner with a spitt coach and he will go un named for now... He said and I quote... This years Team is the strongest football Team in the state period! not to mention the fastest... he said the guys really have worked out well and have grown in leaps and bounds... I myself believe this team could be as good or gosh i know even better>? than last years team... if we can stay healthy look for some records to be broken... we scrimmage trousdale cnty may 23 in sewanne tn.. Zone do u know what time yet??? this should in my opinion only be the top 2 teams in the state next year... as i said my opinion only... I mean who really cares who comes in 2nd in the region, Its all about the Gold ball in December isnt it?

Hey Guys, most know me on here and know im blunt.. I took alot of crap last year when i said how good spitt was early.. well lets be blunt again.... I had dinner with a spitt coach and he will go un named for now... He said and I quote... This years Team is the strongest football Team in the state period! not to mention the fastest... he said the guys really have worked out well and have grown in leaps and bounds... I myself believe this team could be as good or gosh i know even better>? than last years team... if we can stay healthy look for some records to be broken... we scrimmage trousdale cnty may 23 in sewanne tn.. Zone do u know what time yet??? this should in my opinion only be the top 2 teams in the state next year... as i said my opinion only... I mean who really cares who comes in 2nd in the region, Its all about the Gold ball in December isnt it?

We don't have but 1 returning lineman, no proven WRs and our returning TE messed up his knee. TC is young and has a new coach. Sorry but calling us and them the best 2 teams in the state before spring practice even starts is crazy. We and TC have a ton of potential but both teams have a lot of work to do. If we have a couple of injuries at the thin spots we could have real problems...depth will be an issue. Last year we were deep just about everywhere but we are young on the #2s

Last year the scrimmage was about lunch time but I haven't heard a time

We don't have but 1 returning lineman, no proven WRs and our returning TE messed up his knee. TC is young and has a new coach. Sorry but calling us and them the best 2 teams in the state before spring practice even starts is crazy. We and TC have a ton of potential but both teams have a lot of work to do. If we have a couple of injuries at the thin spots we could have real problems...depth will be an issue. Last year we were deep just about everywhere but we are young on the #2s

Last year the scrimmage was about lunch time but I haven't heard a time

I remember a few choice words some on here said to me last year at this time when i said how good we was and gonna be... wasnt long I remember a Band wagon here.......

I remember a few choice words some on here said to me last year at this time when i said how good we was and gonna be... wasnt long I remember a Band wagon here.......

Zone /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> it doesn't do ANY good in attempting to curtail

Geno's over confidence. He obviously can't help himself. OP thinks he is like the wife, loves to say "I TOLD YOU SO"

Get em Geno! I don't like to dead-pan about teams,nor talent.When some of our insiders were asked if we had any D-1 quality players last season.Our insiders said they didn't know, come on.I'm glad that the evaluators are are the 1's making these decisions.When other programs have these type of players(in their programs)everyone sings praises.Here our D-1 prospect has been offered before spring practice.Let's stop dead-panning! Acknowledge what is really going on here.This isn't potential.This is reality.D-1 players in 1-A football players usually do great things later.Because so much is depending on just them.Injured is 1 thing playing hurt is another.We should go ahead and give it up.This kind of talent hasn't been around here since Eddie Moore left in 98.He did'nt get offered until his senior year.Let's give him his due and stop whining about that pimple on Ms. America's buttock! Who knows when we'll get another like him around here.This team is loaded!Enjoy Pirate fans.

Get em Geno! I don't like to dead-pan about teams,nor talent.When some of our insiders were asked if we had any D-1 quality players last season.Our insiders said they didn't know, come on.I'm glad that the evaluators are are the 1's making these decisions.When other programs have these type of players(in their programs)everyone sings praises.Here our D-1 prospect has been offered before spring practice.Let's stop dead-panning! Acknowledge what is really going on here.This isn't potential.This is reality.D-1 players in 1-A football players usually do great things later.Because so much is depending on just them.Injured is 1 thing playing hurt is another.We should go ahead and give it up.This kind of talent hasn't been around here since Eddie Moore left in 98.He did'nt get offered until his senior year.Let's give him his due and stop whining about that pimple on Ms. America's buttock! Who knows when we'll get another like him around here.This team is loaded!Enjoy Pirate fans.

Old Pirate says all who know anything see the talent @ SP. That said all "SHOULD" see the uncertainty that has yet to be answered. Great RBs can become lost w/o the OL,TE and lead blockers to help clear lanes. Those questions ARE YET TO BE ANSWERED> Time is the only thing that will fully answer those questions. In reality look back to last year....

would anyone really want to put there top RBs behind 2nd and 3rd string linemen. Not likely, well these are the same ones that'll be hopefully clearing holes this year. Most would have complained heavily "IF" one of our RBs had gotten hurt due to the 2-3rd linemen. It'll be the same ones this year that would have brought the criticism last year with the prior mentioned situation.

With that said, Question.......what line would you prefer... last year proven line or this year's unproven replacements? OP is in know way putting down any player. It is simply valid questions that have yet to be answered.

Old Pirate says all who know anything see the talent @ SP. That said all "SHOULD" see the uncertainty that has yet to be answered. Great RBs can become lost w/o the OL,TE and lead blockers to help clear lanes. Those questions ARE YET TO BE ANSWERED> Time is the only thing that will fully answer those questions. In reality look back to last year....

would anyone really want to put there top RBs behind 2nd and 3rd string linemen. Not likely, well these are the same ones that'll be hopefully clearing holes this year. Most would have complained heavily "IF" one of our RBs had gotten hurt due to the 2-3rd linemen. It'll be the same ones this year that would have brought the criticism last year with the prior mentioned situation.

With that said, Question.......what line would you prefer... last year proven line or this year's unproven replacements? OP is in know way putting down any player. It is simply valid questions that have yet to be answered.

I understand what your saying .. BUT lets look at it another way....2 years ago its no secret why we lost.. The line just wasnt there.. then last year WOW.... The line we have now has been here and has been in the game....they are alot stronger alot faster.... there not the B team line u are referring too.. last year last year last year..... another way is.. all i ever see from older fan's and im not knocking them.. at all.. but why in the world dont you guys tell these boys how good of a chance they have.. I was a fullback and when i hit the line i didnt care who was there i hit it at 100% be danged!!!!! and to be honost i heard some people say he is good... well, wouldnt u rather tell them there good and have that chance rather than not tell them and they tip toe into the line and get hurt.. NOT me.. I say they will be great>>>!! bust some heads BOYS!!! show some of these people who we are!!! we are not the 60's team.. we are not the 70's or 80's nor 90's you are the 2007 and 2008 Team that has a chance to do what no other Team here at spitt has ever done... bring home 2 rings... GET -R- DONE!

I understand what your saying .. BUT lets look at it another way....2 years ago its no secret why we lost.. The line just wasnt there.. then last year WOW.... The line we have now has been here and has been in the game....they are alot stronger alot faster.... there not the B team line u are referring too.. last year last year last year..... another way is.. all i ever see from older fan's and im not knocking them.. at all.. but why in the world dont you guys tell these boys how good of a chance they have.. I was a fullback and when i hit the line i didnt care who was there i hit it at 100% be danged!!!!! and to be honost i heard some people say he is good... well, wouldnt u rather tell them there good and have that chance rather than not tell them and they tip toe into the line and get hurt.. NOT me.. I say they will be great>>>!! bust some heads BOYS!!! show some of these people who we are!!! we are not the 60's team.. we are not the 70's or 80's nor 90's you are the 2007 and 2008 Team that has a chance to do what no other Team here at spitt has ever done... bring home 2 rings... GET -R- DONE!

Geno you hit the nail on the head. Our young line is gonna get it done,sorry OP.I coached just about everyone of em albeit in little league.They are tireless hard workers bigger and stronger than the last line.not putting down last year's line at all.This line just has more talent and strength.I hear about the ghost of Pittsburg's past.I agree with Geno this is something coming up this year.Look at what and who we have and appreciate it cause it might not ever be this good again.Think about it,Tenn,Bama,Miss.St.,Kentucky,etc. in our little town during the spring.Let's get back to the future which is now!The ghosts of Pittsburg's past were great. Rattle my cage and i'm coming back with facts.

Im interested in how that tailback on Grace's middle school team is shaping up so far. Maybe the Grace people can shed a little light. That kid'll be a ball player here soon.

Dedrick is shaping up just fine he is working out and trying to get ready for spring practice. He is a really good player if we can get him a few touches in space and isolate him on a linebacker he could make some big plays. A lot is going to depend on were he is mentally, and does he believe that he is ready to play on the high school level. Dedrick is about 5'8" 160lbs and could help the varsity this year but only time will tell how soon that will be.