LA vs. Fulton

As i predicted yesterday Fulton would win this game over LA. I did not think it would be like this though. Fulton does have the potential to run teams out of the gym but i didnt believe it would happen here. Fulton can shoot lights out from 3-pt land and thats what they do best. Steele and Gallam are players and minor is a player as well. The point guard lets just say he is quick and if he hits shots its going to be a long night for the opponent. Good luck to Fulton in the next round. LA congrats on a great year.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I understand what it's like to have high expectations and then have them crushed. But until LA gets in a district with some competition they will not be ready for teams like Fulton. I know they can't pick and choose the district they are in but let's face it, if LA doesn't win every district game by 20 or more next year then I would say it's been a disappointing district season. Some need to quit trying to look pretty and work on coaching and defense.

This may have been adressed but I wanted to add a few things about Fulton. I felt that they were the best prepared, best coached team there for AA. LA had beefed up there schedule but they were not ready last night. What did Fulton shoot last night it seemed like 95% from the field. Not a Fulton fan just like good basketball and I htought they looked the best. I just wish they could get come fans to come watch.

Hey, I understand what it's like to have high expectations and then have them crushed. But until LA gets in a district with some competition they will not be ready for teams like Fulton. I know they can't pick and choose the district they are in but let's face it, if LA doesn't win every district game by 20 or more next year then I would say it's been a disappointing district season. Some need to quit trying to look pretty and work on coaching and defense.

Rup11...let us know where you coach & we will make sure to sign up. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Just a question...how do you call Chase scoring 22 choking? I'm sure that is better than you career game ....if you ever played.lol

Melton is a great coach & he has done fine.

Fulton has a heck of a team....no doubt about it. IMO....I think we just played the State Champs. LA you had a very good season but you can't win championships with the shooting percentages we had. Good luck to Smith & McLerran you boys will be missed.

Obviously in every season winning the state title is the ultimate goal, but I wouldn't say the high expectations were crushed. Last time I checked only EIGHT teams even get an opportunity to win the coveted gold ball. Your distict statement is crazy because as you said yourself, they don't choose the district they play in. The 20+ winning margin comment doesn't even deserve a response. Your last sentence is somewhat confusing in that the "looking pretty" refers to players and coaches. Personally, I think it is admirable for a coach to wear a coat and tie. Have you ever seen Bruce Pearl in a game that he wasn't wearing a coat and tie?(Off subject a bit, I used Bruce because he coaches my favorite team and he's a great coach). So if that's the "looking pretty" reference to the coaches, then that is nuts. I know the "looking pretty" reference to the players is just a slur at their on court performance. I'll end with this thought: I sat there last night watching LA walk down the steps to the dressing room clad in their coats and ties and I was proud to call myself an Livingston Academy fan.

Obviously in every season winning the state title is the ultimate goal, but I wouldn't say the high expectations were crushed. Last time I checked only EIGHT teams even get an opportunity to win the coveted gold ball. Your distict statement is crazy because as you said yourself, they don't choose the district they play in. The 20+ winning margin comment doesn't even deserve a response. Your last sentence is somewhat confusing in that the "looking pretty" refers to players and coaches. Personally, I think it is admirable for a coach to wear a coat and tie. Have you ever seen Bruce Pearl in a game that he wasn't wearing a coat and tie?(Off subject a bit, I used Bruce because he coaches my favorite team and he's a great coach). So if that's the "looking pretty" reference to the coaches, then that is nuts. I know the "looking pretty" reference to the players is just a slur at their on court performance. I'll end with this thought: I sat there last night watching LA walk down the steps to the dressing room clad in their coats and ties and I was proud to call myself an Livingston Academy fan.

Great post.

B-Gum it's people like you that I really admire. Your intentions have and always will be focused on the kids in Overton Co. I am glad to have known you for over 30 some odd years and what you stand for. Thank you for saying what I'm sure many of us in Livingston would have loved to had said in this post.

Great job Coaches Melton and Jones and the players. Hold your heads high men you have nothing to be ashamed of. You guys gave your best and after all it's just a game. Learn from this game and strive to be better on the court as well in life.

This Thread seems like the Fulton vs LA football thread a couple years ago! Many posters are picking LA to beat Fulton however I don't see that happening. THis may get ugly.. Fulton wins this one.

As I posted on March 10th, you see it with your own eyes, "this game may get ugly!" Well, I predicted it right and LA, just remember one thing, East Tennessee basketball is on the way up, we've haven't won any gold balls lately but its time for a change. West Tennessee can't mess with the East in Football now, the East is trying make that the same thing in Basketball....

But Hog Eyes, congrads on a great season. Some advice to you, schedule AE or Fulton in the regular season and maybe that'll get you ready for what you'll see next year at State if you make it.. But congrads on making it there...

Fulton has the team to turn the table however, if AE wins today, "Write It Down" It may be a East Tennessee Final on Saturday.. I'm hoping for this... It may be hard but still anything is possible right!

As I posted on March 10th, you see it with your own eyes, "this game may get ugly!" Well, I predicted it right and LA, just remember one thing, East Tennessee basketball is on the way up, we've haven't won any gold balls lately but its time for a change. West Tennessee can't mess with the East in Football now, the East is trying make that the same thing in Basketball....

But Hog Eyes, congrads on a great season. Some advice to you, schedule AE or Fulton in the regular season and maybe that'll get you ready for what you'll see next year at State if you make it.. But congrads on making it there...

Fulton has the team to turn the table however, if AE wins today, "Write It Down" It may be a East Tennessee Final on Saturday.. I'm hoping for this... It may be hard but still anything is possible right!

I agree Turtle. LA don't play the competition you guys play night in night out. And that does carry a lot of weight. When we joined you all in 05 in football that was one of the reasons for the success we had, playing that level of competition every week.

I know the score was a rout, and that Fulton had superior athlete's than we did, but they shot the lights out of the gym. I don't care who Fulton plays from here on out if they shoot the %'s against the other teams like they did against us they can't lose.

I am very disappointed for our boys. The best team won last night, but I know and I'm sure our team and coaches know that we are better than last night. We ran into a team that was super quick and shot the lights out period. But our kids will bounce back just wait and see.

I will agree with you melton has done pretty good but, I wouldnt give him all the credit for going to state. It is easier to coach a real talented team "not saying that melton stinks at coaching" but there is a lot of talent on that team and that helped them out a lot. They played a real tough team tonight infact i wouldnt doubt it if that team goes all the way to state championship. Lost two seniors that means real good team next year looking forward to it.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It may be easier to coach a real talented team and all that, but guess what most of these players have played under coach melton for many years...like since 4th grade so know what you are talking about before you speak. He has coached these boys with much success for years now and that is going to continue, and I think in the future you will be called out on saying dumb things like that. LA is going to be very good for years to come so maybe we will see FULTON in a year or so...maybe.

Rup hits me as a real moron. Unintelligent statement after unintelligent statement...almost not even worth comment. Coach Melton has done an awesome job with these guys in the three short years he has been at LA. Also, Chase Dunn did not choke, you cannot expect a kid to have 49 every night can you?? Also about the looking pretty part and saying what we need to work on...another dumb statement. They did not play good, but there is no reason to insult the boys or the coaches as I guarantee you that LA fans would not have done that if we had one. I guess some people cannot be as classy as the LA fans are, but I am going to assume that ALL Fulton fans are not this CLASSLESS!! Fulton played a REALLY GOOD game and deserved to win. First time I have seen them play and I was DEFINITELY impressed with the play on the floor, but fans like you make me LOSE ALL RESPECT FOR THAT SCHOOL, and that is really a shame. Regardless, I believe LA should hold their heads high. The 2 seniors will definitely be missed and now the juniors and below know exactly how HARD it is to make it to the BORO and how hard it is going to be to get to the next level. Will be fun to watch next season.

Just wondering if all fans are like Rup? Can any Fulton fans give me an answer to that because I think there is surely more class there than he is showing?

Actually East Tennessee won a gold ball last year in AAA. Maryville. Good luck Falcons