Congrats Wilson Central

worden55

GREAT JOB WILSON CENTRAL!!! Big time shots Chelsea Burroughs!!

Congrats to Jasmine Hassell on the Miss Basketball award! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Millington, very impressive team, the defense was great.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are very proud of our Lady Wildcats!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> 2 out of 3 is great (should have been 3 out of 3 but we won't talk about last year's heartbreak to Antioch). All of the girls played great. Jasmine earned the Miss Basketball and it went to a great lady. Don't always agree with Coach Bud but when you have the talent he has had winning comes easier.

GO LADY WILDCATS!!

We are very proud of our Lady Wildcats!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> 2 out of 3 is great (should have been 3 out of 3 but we won't talk about last year's heartbreak to Antioch). All of the girls played great. Jasmine earned the Miss Basketball and it went to a great lady. Don't always agree with Coach Bud but when you have the talent he has had winning comes easier.

GO LADY WILDCATS!!

Sometimes you do scratch your head about what Bud does, but I have to admit, come the end of the year he has them playing the right way in the tournament. 2 state titles in 3 years in pretty impressive, and actually they should have won it last year if not for the slip up wit Antioch.

Jasmine Hassell might not be the best player in the state, but she is the best post player, and if I had to start a team, I would take her over any other girl in the state. She is a quality person, and a great player.

Congrats to WC on another title, good job by the players and coaches. It was disappointing to not see more fans there, especially the student body.

She really was not deserving of the Miss Basketball award. When you look at the stats it leave a lot of people saying HOW DID THIS HAPPEN? It must be a middle TN thing. She should more impressive than what I have seen.

GREAT JOB WILSON CENTRAL!!! Big time shots Chelsea Burroughs!!

Congrats to Jasmine Hassell on the Miss Basketball award! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Millington, very impressive team, the defense was great.

She really was not deserving of the Miss Basketball award. When you look at the stats it leave a lot of people saying HOW DID THIS HAPPEN? It must be a middle TN thing. She should more impressive than what I have seen.

Are you smoking Crack with your above comments?

If you knew anything about basketball you would know that stats are not the only criteria to evaluate a great player. How about carrying a team in pressure situations, have double and triple teams and still executing. Hassell has a target on her back every time she touches the floor and still puts up the numbers. Try looking past your high school stats and review that she plays for the top Nike travel team (TN Flight - Silver). Hassell has played with and against the top division 1 prospects like Maya Moore - Connecticut, Crystal Riley - LSU, Shondra Barrett - LSU, and many others. Case closed.

It amazes me sometimes, how some people that are short on brains, find this board, but they do!

ARE YOU CRAZY? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Jasmine did earn the award. She goes out everynight with a target on her back and other teams have tried to stop her all season. Some teams have been successful at slowing her down but I don't think anyone has stopped her. She is the centerpoint of the team and worden55 is correct when he said you build around what you have. The other players (JC, CB, LW, KM and IH) have really developed around her and contribute a lot. It makes them better to have a go to girl like Jasmine, but they are good on their own. The Lady Wildcats missed JC's floor leadership but rallied. Chelsea really had to take over a role she had not played all season and that was floor leader. Her and Lauren did a great job controlling the tempo of the game and making good decisions. All in all, the team really came together when JC went down and Jasmine took over the games. She was not going to be denied. We wish JC the best and know she will be back.

As for the student section, I was also disappointed but it is the start of Spring break for the school and a lot of students have left for vacation. I was proud of the ones that were there (including my son) and they yelled with all they had. I saw a lot of fans I had not seen at the games during the season. People need to support the team all season. Wished our cheerleaders would have won the cheeleader award. They did a great job as always. Love to watch the flips!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well at the start of the year some lavernge people had wilson central finishing 5th or 4th in their district. I tried to tell that you would be wrong and you really thought wilson central really would not be good. I am very proud to say i picked this one and for coach brandon you to me are the coach of the year.

reason

1. When Jenkins and Willams left most teams this would be a rebuilding year but you made these kids believe they could acheive greatness and they did.

2.Your point guard goes down and your three point shooter at that most teams and coaches would just say girls maybe next year but not you. You kept your team together Jim Brown would even have a hard time with that one

Congrat Wilson Central