Dobyns-Bennett vs Red Bank

ArtVandalay

1st Round with an East Tennessee flavor. I know just a little about Red-Bank and a whole lot about DB. The Indians have been led all season by 2 very good Guards ( Jamel Williams and Justin Sylverstor) both are Juniors. And equally led by 4 Post Players (6-9,6-6,6-6,6-5) Bronson Flack, Darren Riggs, Jordan Edwards and Marshall Hardy. Betwwen them they average 40 pts and 24 rebounds a game. With awesome roll playing by Dustin McConnell and Todd Halverson. Halverson hit the game winning 3 in the District Finals against Scince Hill.

Looking forward to a great game in Murfreesboro on Thursday. Any info on Red Bank would be great.

Let's get it on

Roll Tribe Roll

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red Bank was at the Super 16 tourney at Bearden last year, but they did not play them this year. It was a big upset for Red Bank to beat White County in the substate. RB is very athletic and quick, and they don't have a lot of size. Some of their players are being recruited in football. Dominique McDuffie and Tim Benford are Bearden-type athletes, and frshman sharpshooter Nick Ross is deadly from deep. RB is not very disciplined in their offense or defense. They are good 1 on 1 players and gamble on defense a lot. Red Bank had not hit more than 7 threes in a game this year, but against WC they hit 18. They definitely picked the right time to get hot. I really don't think DB could have a gotten a better draw than REd Bank. Good luck....

Chattanoogan.com says 15. So I'd go with that.

Bearden isn't on Red Bank's schedule this year according to CoachT. So he might be talking about summer, which then you might want to factor in football players out.

In all the games Red Bank has lost this year, they've had a key player missing. 17 and 2 over the last 19 games, with the first of those missing 3 starters.

Should be a good game.

Red Bank was at the Super 16 tourney at Bearden last year, but they did not play them this year. It was a big upset for Red Bank to beat White County in the substate. RB is very athletic and quick, and they don't have a lot of size. Some of their players are being recruited in football. Dominique McDuffie and Tim Benford are Bearden-type athletes, and frshman sharpshooter Nick Ross is deadly from deep. RB is not very disciplined in their offense or defense. They are good 1 on 1 players and gamble on defense a lot. Red Bank had not hit more than 7 threes in a game this year, but against WC they hit 18. They definitely picked the right time to get hot. I really don't think DB could have a gotten a better draw than REd Bank. Good luck....

yes that is true benford and mcduffie are being recuited for football...yes red bank loves to press and no red bank doesnt like to go one on one,where are you guys getting this info from.....red bank has made 10 plus 3 in alot games this year , so are you trying to say it going to be a easy game for DB....dont fall a sleep RED BANK!!!!!SHOULD BE A GOOD GAME

DB plays very tough man-man defense, they get after you all game long. No 1 on 1 play is going to happen with Charlie Morgan coaching the Indians. DB's defense has been able to shut down sharp shooting guards all season long. Get up on them and stay in their face, it's hard to shoot like that. And DB has not been out-quicked at the Guard position in any game I have seen this year (I did miss 7 or 8 games).

1000 fans coming from Kingsport? More? I got a van full.

Roll Tribe Roll

Red Bank has been playing pretty good ball lately! those early loses that you all were talking about did come without two key starters. Benford was out till christmas with a football injury and dominique sat out over christmas break. so they lost to oak ridge without both of them and against clarksville benford was ejected on two bogus technical fouls! I feel like it will be a good game there are no common apponents. We hit 15 not 18 threes not a huge diffrence and i belileve white co. hit 9. i don't know that i agree with the fluke win i think it was the fact that we played at home because it helps you out a ton! What all quality teams has DB played this year not taking anything away but they usually go undefeated in football then loose in the second round because theythat area is week so is basketball the same way? o and Benford is playing reciever next year at Tennessee Tech and Dominique Mcduffie is going to App State to play safety!

Red Bank has been playing pretty good ball lately! those early loses that you all were talking about did come without two key starters. Benford was out till christmas with a football injury and dominique sat out over christmas break. so they lost to oak ridge without both of them and against clarksville benford was ejected on two bogus technical fouls! I feel like it will be a good game there are no common apponents. We hit 15 not 18 threes not a huge diffrence and i belileve white co. hit 9. i don't know that i agree with the fluke win i think it was the fact that we played at home because it helps you out a ton! What all quality teams has DB played this year not taking anything away but they usually go undefeated in football then loose in the second round because theythat area is week so is basketball the same way? o and Benford is playing reciever next year at Tennessee Tech and Dominique Mcduffie is going to App State to play safety!

Quality teams...... Farragut, a 19 point loss (first game of the season with 3 football players just joining the team, 2 of them starters), plus DB didn't play very well obviously. Columbia Ga., a 24 point loss (they were the 5th. ranked team in Ga., the same team that beat Antioch by 23) probably better than anyone in Tn. this year. Salem Va., a 14 point loss (the third ranked team in Va.) probably the worst game DB played all year. Bearden, a five point win in the Sub State (Bearden was the 4th. ranked team in AAA. Beat Sullivan East twice in regular season Science Hill 4 times (a feat in itself) and a good Greenville team in the Region. As far as it being weak in this area......It is to a certin extent. But we still have good teams in Science Hill, East, DB. Also we always play in the Arbys Classic in Bristol, one of the top Tournments in the country. The reason Football is weak is because Sevier Co, and Jefferson Co. have been down for a few years. As soon as they return to their old selves the conference will be strong again.

Red Bank DB played this year not taking anything away but they usually go undefeated in football then loose in the second round because theythat area is week so is basketball the same way?

I'd say your going to find out first hand the answer to that question on Thursday. I hope everyone has that idea about the Indians, Bearden did. DB was given no chance to win that Sub-State Game.

The best team DB beat this season was by far and away Bearden. That Bearden team was the best team that the Indians have beaten in Charlie Morgan's 7 seasons at DB (toss up with the '04 Greeneville Team). Science Hill had a good team but was lacking at the Guard Position and that cost them 4 times. The Dorsey HS out of Los Angeles CA was a good team, maybe a little un-disciplined and that cost them in the 2nd half.

The Indians starting hitting their stride when #32 PG Jamel Williams became an official starter @ the Arby's Tournament.

The Tribe is on a Roll

Hey WaCo... Honkeylips needs half a day vacation on Thursday so he can be a part of the Tribe Nation Warpath to the Murf.

Roll Tribe Roll