1st Annual Middle Tenn. Spring Play Days

Alabama

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not know the TSSAA rules prohibit rising 8th graders to practice or play in spring practice even if your middle school is across the street.... I thought they were eligible to play or practice with high school since they are moving on to the 9th grade... I guess what you are saying is that you (8th graders) cannot participate in spring practice with varsity till the fall (school start).... is that right?

They have to be in the same building/school to participate

i may be wrong but doesnt PC have a separate middle and high school?

what is the consequence if this happens... there are tons of schools especially in the small towns like marshall county and lincoln county as well as lawrence county that have been allowing the rising 8th graders practice with their high school during spring practice... I mean what can TSSAA do about it....

what is the consequence if this happens... there are tons of schools especially in the small towns like marshall county and lincoln county as well as lawrence county that have been allowing the rising 8th graders practice with their high school during spring practice... I mean what can TSSAA do about it....

Temple got 2 years of probation for doing it

Same building means same building. If the kids are not in the same building as the high school then they are not allowed to participate. On a side note, I heard Cannon County was really taking it to Mt. Pleasant early and then began to substitute and that was what led to the Tiger win. Is there any truth to that or were some people blowing smoke?

Same building means same building. If the kids are not in the same building as the high school then they are not allowed to participate. On a side note, I heard Cannon County was really taking it to Mt. Pleasant early and then began to substitute and that was what led to the Tiger win. Is there any truth to that or were some people blowing smoke?

I'm not sure but could be!! MP didn't stop them from scoring the first couple of times on D but Cannon didn't stop MP either. When Cannon Co. subbed to any extent I have no idea. Mt. Pleasant is probably overrated this year. One thing for sure Cannon Co. has a real tailback and a quality club. They have been good scrimmage opponents for the last several years.