Dyer County vs Fulton

Icy

Fulton forced 23 turnovers on LA and LA forced 15 on Fulton... Good shooting night for Fulton against LA! About the bench play by time played and points scored I would say not very deep some could step in for the starters but not for very long minutes if someone gets hurt or in foul trouble!

Very true, also dc forced twenty something turnovers on cpa which helped alot considering the refs, but anyways, in the jackson sun paper today, mccord quoted that he wasn't pleased with the number of turnovers his team forced, so id look for another physical game and for the choctaws to force more turnovers!!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home from work, unfortunately can't make the game, but will be listening to the radio. 32 minutes of Bball will tell us who wins. Hopefully it's a great game and of course Go Choctaws /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

With that being said, I'll say this for DC:

RUN IT DOWN THEIR THROATS!!!! RUN AND GUN ALL DAY LONG! DC can run and shoot with the best of 'em. Sounds like they are somewhat similiar to DC. Run and gun, tallest player only 6'4, etc... I'd hope Fulton is just as quick, as they do sound like they, because DC's starting 5 is pretty quick. I'll say Justin Blake finishes with 17 in this one and DC wins by 2 and a not so controversial game!

GC ! You'll be goin' into some serious "withdrawls" after the tourney is over, huh ? (No way watchin "March Madness on TV can get your heart pumpin' like "LIVE TN HIGH SCHOOL STATE TOURNEY" !) All I can say about playing teams with "similar styles" is that D.C.'s depth & conditioning is what in most cases gives them a decided edge. If Fulton is a "running team" and their "bench" is what has been indicated in some other posts, they dang well better be a CONDITIONED team as well ! Cause D.C. will run players in & out (never missing a beat) and RUN for 32 minutes or MORE (if O/T should become a factor) ! Following the High School game as you do, I realize that you know this ! Just another observation on this game & wanted to say "Hi" ! Have fun up there "Dude" .............. I know you WILL !

AND NOW MY FIRST PREDICTION EVER ON COACH T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (DRUMROLL) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT ! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ! Likely a GREAT game on the biggest High School stage in the Great State of TENNESSEE !!!!!

GC ! You'll be goin' into some serious "withdrawls" after the tourney is over, huh ? (No way watchin "March Madness on TV can get your heart pumpin' like "LIVE TN HIGH SCHOOL STATE TOURNEY" !) All I can say about playing teams with "similar styles" is that D.C.'s depth & conditioning is what in most cases gives them a decided edge. If Fulton is a "running team" and their "bench" is what has been indicated in some other posts, they dang well better be a CONDITIONED team as well ! Cause D.C. will run players in & out (never missing a beat) and RUN for 32 minutes or MORE (if O/T should become a factor) ! Following the High School game as you do, I realize that you know this ! Just another observation on this game & wanted to say "Hi" ! Have fun up there "Dude" .............. I know you WILL !

AND NOW MY FIRST PREDICTION EVER ON COACH T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (DRUMROLL) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT ! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ! Likely a GREAT game on the biggest High School stage in the Great State of TENNESSEE !!!!!

I agree with you 73! DC's startin five is very quick and aggressive, but also with their bench having, Hurst, Cooper, Harsten, Pierce or Parr(which ever starts), and many more the Choctaws have a good advantage. They seem to never get out breath. ONe thing I have noticed about Justin Blake is that when there is a time out and everyone is sitting down drinking water, he stands up and justs cleans his face with a towel and gets right back out there. He is very conditioned, which has a great factor with him being able to keep rythm with his shot. DC will be hard to handle if they are shooting good. Hopefully the refs will not be as strict on fouls this game because DC is known for agressive ball stealing.

Choctaws=Gold Ball=Home Bound

I agree with you 73! DC's startin five is very quick and aggressive, but also with their bench having, Hurst, Cooper, Harsten, Pierce or Parr(which ever starts), and many more the Choctaws have a good advantage. They seem to never get out breath. ONe thing I have noticed about Justin Blake is that when there is a time out and everyone is sitting down drinking water, he stands up and justs cleans his face with a towel and gets right back out there. He is very conditioned, which has a great factor with him being able to keep rythm with his shot. DC will be hard to handle if they are shooting good. Hopefully the refs will not be as strict on fouls this game because DC is known for agressive ball stealing.

Choctaws=Gold Ball=Home Bound

No one who has seen 'em play can doubt the conditioning / work ethic of any of the Choctaws ! Regardless of what anyone may say about Justin & the CPA game, he is a special young man ! I've seen what you are talkin' about during time outs as well ! All the Choctaws are "blue collar " kind of guys .............. they ain't afraid of hard work ! Conditioning like I witnessed this year doesn't come without LOTS of hard work ! Again the depth is such an asset as well ! My "hat's off to'em" for the hard work that has gotten them where they are !

GOOOO CHOCTAWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!