THE LAST 15 SECONDS

BigOrangeFan

Just got home and watched the film from the game.

Starting with the clock situation: The seconds could be between 6.1 and 6.9, the ball is in the hoop at 6.9 and swishes the net at 6.3. (with Coach McCord calling a time out directly beside the ref.)

The three pointer: Rex Pierce turned his foot to avoid touching the three point line when he let go of the ball. The shot was clearly a three pointer.

I will try to get the last 15 seconds up on CoachT as soon as possible tomorrow if allowed to do so

This was a terrific game with a great finish. Both teams fought until the final horn. Neither team deserved the win more than the other, both have had outstanding seasons and have outstanding athletes but there is always just one winner.

2:00 AM.....good night!!!

Only had time to get these frame grabs of the final 3 pointer this morning.

Link

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home and watched the film from the game.

Starting with the clock situation: The seconds could be between 6.1 and 6.9, the ball is in the hoop at 6.9 and swishes the net at 6.3. (with Coach McCord calling a time out directly beside the ref.)

The three pointer: Rex Pierce turned his foot to avoid touching the three point line when he let go of the ball. The shot was clearly a three pointer.

I will try to get the last 15 seconds up on CoachT as soon as possible tomorrow if allowed to do so

This was a terrific game with a great finish. Both teams fought until the final horn. Neither team deserved the win more than the other, both have had outstanding seasons and have outstanding athletes but there is always just one winner.

2:00 AM.....good night!!!

I would like to see that last 15 seconds! Thanks in advance for all of your hard work! and I liked the ones you posted from the BTW game... Great Film work with Excellent quality!!!

Please don't respond to this post talking about the foul disparity. My concern over the last 15 seconds was not the adjustment the refs made to set the clock to 7 seconds, but the fact they made no adjustment when the clock was never started at 13.something seconds prior to the first of the final 2 three-pointers.

DC is a great team, they won the game - it is over! However, I am curious to see the final 15 seconds, because I think it would confirm that the clock was never started for several seconds when DC picked up the ball near midcourt at about 14 seconds, prior to the first 3-pointer.

Can someone look at the film and verify that? Again, congrats to DC, and nothing will change outcome. I am just curious.

I am not a fan of either team, just a fan of basketball who thoroughly enjoyed last night's game but hated to see a team lose like they did.

1) Free throws would have sealed it... missing the front end of two one and ones, then going 2-6 in the last minute cost them.

2) There were some terrible calls on Dyer County... absolutely terrible... However, bad calls do happen and nothing can justify what took place in the final seconds...

3) IMPORTANT* : The clock does not stop until the whistle is blown or the official's hand goes up. It is not college basketball where the clock stops after a made basket. If the clock was at 6 something when the shot went through, then you have give an additional half second to a second and a half for the coach to call timeout and the referee to blow his whistle. I thought 5.1 seconds should have been on the clock.

4) No way that an additional 3 seconds ran off the clock, I was sitting by a bunch of high school coaches and everyone was in shock. But I do give credit to DC's coach, he told the refs that there needed to be seven seconds, and from the looks of it, the ref took his word for it. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

5) Why was time put back on the clock on the second clock error yet not taken off from the first clock error.... I'll take "Things that Make You Go HMMMM" , for 1000 Alex.

6) I would have done the same thing that Drew Maddux did, maybe worse. However, I felt like he did show a lot of class in restraining himself from absolutely blasting the officials in the post game...

Overall, the craziest ending to a game I've ever seen. I hate someone had to lose and especially like that, but let's also give credit to DC. They took the situation they were given and made the most out of it.

Just goes to show you, anything can happen around tourney time... especially if its the clock keeper's 5th game /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Sorry. Access denied. You do not have access to this unlisted site.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Use your browser's back button to return to the previous page. Or If you have any questions, please contact Bellsouth Operations Support.

That's why I recommended youtube..

Sorry. Access denied. You do not have access to this unlisted site.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Use your browser's back button to return to the previous page. Or If you have any questions, please contact Bellsouth Operations Support.

That's why I recommended youtube..

I got the same problem!!