Who is the best player in the state?

IAAK

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Sherrod is a great player but 43 goals freshman year should tell you he pads stats. He can finish but Carter plays in an awful league and scoring more than 3 a game is disrespectful if the game isn't close.

43 seriously. I'm not saying he shouldn't get looks but consider the opposition here guys. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Sherrod is a great player but 43 goals freshman year should tell you he pads stats. He can finish but Carter plays in an awful league and scoring more than 3 a game is disrespectful if the game isn't close.

43 seriously. I'm not saying he shouldn't get looks but consider the opposition here guys. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I think you also have to look at what he does with his competitive team also. He is also consistantly up there in scoring for premier league which is high level opposition. There is no question that he is one of the top players in the state.

As to padding stats, isn't that the coaches responsibility to pull the players with a comfortable lead. Can you blame the kid for scoring when he's left in the game? Also, he scored multiple goals (a couple 5 goal games) but the games were still close an example being a 5-5 tie with William Blount.

Not trying to sound negative toward you or anything, I just wanted to throw another view out there.

i play club with sherrod and jonah so ive seen them play consistently and ill be the first to say they are two of the best. very diff styles, but both are very effective when it matters most. it might be true that mark doesnt play the top level teams, but he is a very good finisher against some of the top teams in region 3 during club.

i've said it before and i'll say it again, stephen morrissey gets my vote for top player. the work he does off the field away from games is what makes him that good. he is as determined as any player ive seen. he's gonna raise eyebrows at SC.

From what I hear a guy named Will Walker is a straight baller... I even heard he signed with Maryland... I would love to see more footage of this kid. hands down Will Walker is the best player in the state and possibly the southern region

I also heard he is going to play in the 3 friendlies the US National team is playing this summer. (England, Spain, Argentina) you are right, he is a baller.

i don't know if y'all know the incredible level that d1 soccer is at, but i don't think any of these kids are going to walk into usc or maryland and make an impact first year or "raise some eyebrows". No one at usc is going to be surprised with how good he is when he gets there. He's a great player but it's not like wayne rooney just jumped on a collegiate team in the u.s.