The real last 15 seconds (CPA vs DC)

Joedholl

Everyone wants to discuss the shot and the last 15 seconds of the game. The overall truth about the last 15 seconds is that it should not have been an issue. My point starts with a question: why did the refs not call a consistent game? They called the game in one way during the first quarter and a totally different game the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters. I have no fair explanation of why a team of refs would ever want to change their style of officiating during the middle of a game. One thing I have always understood about sports is the players, fans, and caoches always ask for conistency of officaiting during any game. In my opinion, this change of style during a game seems to be one of the quickest ways an official could loose his credibility in the sports community.

Point: We saw the result of allowing the teams to play in the first quarter. I'm not saying DC would have dominated all four quarters like they did in the first but it is easy to determine that the last 15 seconds would not have mattered if the refs had called the game like they did in the first qtr. CPA could not effectively get the ball down the court in the first, they didn't just suddenly learn to handle the ball that much better after the first qtr. The only thing that could have made that big of a difference in the momentum of the game is the refs; not players, not coaching, not skill, not first round jitters, not anything from either team, just refs. And they did make the difference.

The last shot was late and didn't matter? The truth is the last 15 seconds shouldn't have mattered also.

Everyone wants to discuss the shot and the last 15 seconds of the game. The overall truth about the last 15 seconds is that it should not have been an issue. My point starts with a question: why did the refs not call a consistent game? They called the game in one way during the first quarter and a totally different game the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters. I have no fair explanation of why a team of refs would ever want to change their style of officiating during the middle of a game. One thing I have always understood about sports is the players, fans, and caoches always ask for conistency of officaiting during any game. In my opinion, this change of style during a game seems to be one of the quickest ways an official could loose his credibility in the sports community.

Point: We saw the result of allowing the teams to play in the first quarter. I'm not saying DC would have dominated all four quarters like they did in the first but it is easy to determine that the last 15 seconds would not have mattered if the refs had called the game like they did in the first qtr. CPA could not effectively get the ball down the court in the first, they didn't just suddenly learn to handle the ball that much better after the first qtr. The only thing that could have made that big of a difference in the momentum of the game is the refs; not players, not coaching, not skill, not first round jitters, not anything from either team, just refs. And they did make the difference.

The last shot was late and didn't matter? The truth is the last 15 seconds shouldn't have mattered also.

Nice post.... very truthfull

maybe thatll be a dagger to the side in the CPA coacht posting crew.

Have you DC fans noticed that you are the only ones still starting threads and posting on this subject anymore? If it is a non-issue, why can't you let it go? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

It's because they know they know they were handed a gift by the worst act of TSSAA officials I've ever witnessed in my life. There is no excuse for this type of gross incompetence. incompetent |in?€k?¤mp?™t?™nt; i ng-| adjective not having or showing the necessary skills to do something successfully : a forgetful and utterly incompetent assistant.Let the boys decide who wins. I call for instant replay!!!!!!!!!

maybe thatll be a dagger to the side in the CPA coacht posting crew.

You couldn't be more wrong. What a stupid analysis.

So its ok for Dyer Co. fans to blame the refs for letting the game get close, but CPA fans can't be angry about the misjudgment and idiocy of the crew the last 15 seconds?

Yeah that makes alot of sense.

CPA should have taken advantage of the refs that night but they still couldnt hang with DC.. DC never let the game get out of hand ..... If you noticed after the first quarter the CPA starting five were all out of breath... AFter that the refs helped them out for the most of the game but the time call was more like a 10th of a second wrong ok? The shot would have still gotten off.

Choctaws go take care a buisness tonight!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

CPA should have taken advantage of the refs that night but they still couldnt hang with DC.. DC never let the game get out of hand ..... If you noticed after the first quarter the CPA starting five were all out of breath... AFter that the refs helped them out for the most of the game but the time call was more like a 10th of a second wrong ok? The shot would have still gotten off.

Choctaws go take care a buisness tonight!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

How did CPA not "hang" with DC??? DC won and you guys still blame the refs for something... That is the only thing I do not understand about DC fans. I honestly think DC is going to win it all, BUT I hope Fulton sticks it to you guys so you all can jump off the high horse... I dont know if DC will be in the state tournament next year, but you better hope you dont run into CPA... Good luck anyways...

I'll give you a non bias opinion... I have nothing to do with either team... Dyer Co. got ripped on about 6-7 call in the game... I mean on CPA's defense, they got the charge, and was not set, nor was it a player out of control... On DC's side most of the time the player was set, and it was a blocking foul... I just didn't understand that..that happened 3-4 times... Also 2-3 times the ball was out on CPA and they got the ball back... Their are a few things that people need to realize though... CPA and Maddex could have made some good adjustments at the end of the first quarter and they could have been better prepared then to handle DC's 3/4 press... You also have to realize that DC will have more fouls at the end of each quarter due to their press and in your face man defense...

CPA had their chances to beat the #1 team in the state at the current time... but they missed their FREE throws and didn't keep going inside to Z Mason... I feel that if CPA would have came out and ran a set offensive scheme with tons of back cuts it would have really hurt DC because they play so tight of a man defense...

In the end the better team won the game... DC just had a better scheme, better athletes, and more depth that really hurt CPA... CPA really struggled when they had to put in reserves... Best player on the court in that game... Z Mason... best team....DC...

One of the best games I have been to in a while... One of the worst officiating games I have ever seen...

P.S.. how many times were you told in junior high to not throw the ball in the corners, when the other teams is pressing... CPA did that all night, and it wasn't going to the corner quick to get Mason the ball on the baseline... but just ball rotation in the offense... if there was a corner CPA would run to it with the ball on offense...

All I want to know is if I can get a copy of this game! I loved watching this game from start to finish. If either team can send me a copy let me know on this board...

As an un-biased fan, the refs were aweful.... any 50/50 call went to the team that was down on the scoreboard. The players made plays for both teams, great game! great coaching! I didnt want the game to END!