Darian Brown resigns at LHS

Eddie

Coach Johnson and Staff are still not missing a beat and are in Shelbyville with the Varsity and JV teams. Even being hired at a late date, LHS kept their eye on the ball and the players evidently are on a mission to keep the bar high with Coach Johnson and Staff leading the way with the Varsity and JV teams.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are going to have a long road ahead of them. I still think that they will be close to the sub state again. They have a lot of good talent.The coach knows this and she can do wonders with them only if the PLAYERS will listen and work hard. GO DEVILETTES !!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

A new coach anywhere has a tuff go of it. Fans are not patient as a rule and Lebanon has a history of winning in most of their athletic programs. I followed Coach Johnson through high school and college and she's a winner. I have no doubt she will try and teach that. The question might be is there anyone willing to listen?

A new coach anywhere has a tuff go of it. Fans are not patient as a rule and Lebanon has a history of winning in most of their athletic programs. I followed Coach Johnson through high school and college and she's a winner. I have no doubt she will try and teach that. The question might be is there anyone willing to listen?

Lebanon fans have nothing if not patience, they have suffered through a long list of coaches who have little or no experience coaching the sport they are leading. Lebanon has not retained their good coaches and therefore their players have gone elsewhere to play. See Wilson Central, Friendship, and others. There soccer program has had a new coach each of the last two season, the first being qualified enough by Teaching and speaking spanish, he had no soccer experience, this seasons coach played in high school, but had to take the coaching position to get a job at an off campus school. What about a volleyball team that reaches state, with a coach that had no experience coaching volleyball. I will give them props in their retention of their softball and track/cross country coaches, these are two fine coaches who could go anywhere. I do not know of this womens basketball coach or her ability to bring back the womens basketball program at Lebanon. I will say that the problem at Lebanon High School is not any of the students or coaches, it is the administration and their lack of support, and attention to the positive aspects that the sports bring to the city. It will be interesting to see what happens next season, (09-10) in the girls basketball program. There is another bright star on the horizon for lebanon, no its not another hassell (who both rolled out to Wilson Central), its a young baller who's last name is Fox, going in to the 8th grade this season, she is a straight up player, she is also the grandaughter of the Lebanon Mayor Don Fox. Will she defect to Frendship or will the Mayor help get things in order at Lebanon. If you are going to build a program it takes the support of the Administration, this could be the toughest problem the coach at Lebaon will have to face. (other than football is #1, but they really dont win either)

Lebanon fans have nothing if not patience, they have suffered through a long list of coaches who have little or no experience coaching the sport they are leading. Lebanon has not retained their good coaches and therefore their players have gone elsewhere to play. See Wilson Central, Friendship, and others. There soccer program has had a new coach each of the last two season, the first being qualified enough by Teaching and speaking spanish, he had no soccer experience, this seasons coach played in high school, but had to take the coaching position to get a job at an off campus school. What about a volleyball team that reaches state, with a coach that had no experience coaching volleyball. I will give them props in their retention of their softball and track/cross country coaches, these are two fine coaches who could go anywhere. I do not know of this womens basketball coach or her ability to bring back the womens basketball program at Lebanon. I will say that the problem at Lebanon High School is not any of the students or coaches, it is the administration and their lack of support, and attention to the positive aspects that the sports bring to the city. It will be interesting to see what happens next season, (09-10) in the girls basketball program. There is another bright star on the horizon for lebanon, no its not another hassell (who both rolled out to Wilson Central), its a young baller who's last name is Fox, going in to the 8th grade this season, she is a straight up player, she is also the grandaughter of the Lebanon Mayor Don Fox. Will she defect to Frendship or will the Mayor help get things in order at Lebanon. If you are going to build a program it takes the support of the Administration, this could be the toughest problem the coach at Lebaon will have to face. (other than football is #1, but they really dont win either)

Good post and IMO accurate as far as it went. Wilson County during this time had a school system in some turmoil. Looking back at the administration during the time mentioned, the criticisms may be right but the inability to keep administration could have had some bearing on the situation described. Volleyball was a situation that LHS had the talent but was not able to attract the right person as a head coach for a few years. Now, if the credentials are correct with the present coach, LHS could be very good in VB. This poster actively posted about basketball some 4 years ago when it was obvious it was going nowhere. After looking for a coach at that time and IMO not being able to hire qualified people mainly becasue of pay, LHS "found" Darian Brown teaching there abd he had been a head coach in his teaching career. And to not get in to an embarassing situation with pay from a coach outside, Darian agreed to try to help the school. Recounting what happened will do no good becasue most of you know. LHS administration was very lucky becasue DB worked doubly hard and pulled the sport back to a winner. The story has never been told about DB's reason for leaving to go to WC. However, hiring the current coach started the same way not being able to find a great experienced coach in a school that had an established program . But again LHS looks to be lucky again and has hired someone with evidently good people skills and it appears this coach will be great. This poster, IMO does know the Lebanon scene and knows that LHS has lost more great players to other schools than anyone will ever know. Girls sports has not reached its potential and a lot of it has to do with recruiting students and if it is not done this time either, a good look needs to be taken at the school itself and why someone cannot make it attractive. Is it discipline or some other reasons and why do students wind up at private schools or to schools to the West. Just a suggestion. LHS is a great school.

One thing the Lebanon girls DO NOT NEED is someone who thinks they are the team. Everyone on the current team knows there is NO "I" in team. Just because Fox's grandfather is the mayor of Lebanon.does not mean he is going to fix anything at LHS. I have heard people say if things do not go right at LHS that she will go to FCS. She is a heck of a player... but do not throw threats out there like that. When you have someone that comes in to a program that and thinks that they are a walk-on to the varsity team without no problem... a lot of her teamates are going to have hard feelings towards her. Thats not fair to either. As far as getting it together and keeping coaches and a good staff at LHS... THE WILSON COUNTY SCHOOL BOARD is the cause of that problem. Pay these people what they need to be paid and for goodness sakes... BUILD THE NEW HIGH SCHOOL!!!!! /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

One thing the Lebanon girls DO NOT NEED is someone who thinks they are the team. Everyone on the current team knows there is NO "I" in team. Just because Fox's grandfather is the mayor of Lebanon.does not mean he is going to fix anything at LHS. I have heard people say if things do not go right at LHS that she will go to FCS. She is a heck of a player... but do not throw threats out there like that. When you have someone that comes in to a program that and thinks that they are a walk-on to the varsity team without no problem... a lot of her teamates are going to have hard feelings towards her. Thats not fair to either. As far as getting it together and keeping coaches and a good staff at LHS... THE WILSON COUNTY SCHOOL BOARD is the cause of that problem. Pay these people what they need to be paid and for goodness sakes... BUILD THE NEW HIGH SCHOOL!!!!! /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The intention of my post was to indicate that the problem in Lebanon was the Administration. Period. The wilson county school board does not hire the coaches at Lebanon. I believe its up to the High School principle. I never stated that fox would think she would be the team. I simply stated that fox is the next great player to either go to lebanon or leave lebanon. What would be my threat? I am very aware of the situation at lebanon high school regarding athletics. I do not have a girl on the team there. There is no I in team, well there is an I in win and they cant seem to find that at lebanon. You must have a standout player to win at the state level. I have certainly worked around great high school women basketball players and the standouts that would have gone to lebanon have opted to go elsewhere. Could lebanon get to the next level with this young lady. Certainly, but it does require everyone playing together. I thought fans of the "Blue Devils" would embrace a rising star. With every program to which I have had some affiliation, we always had a superstar. Did this make the other girls less important. Of course not, superstar would just get league mvp, the other players got all district and such. I have no hunt in any of the wilson county womens basketball programs, The programs that I have been involved in have all won, we would love to have a player like fox come to our program, we would win it together, and probably give her the last shot.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

My thumbs up has to do with Building a new gym or school which this poster thinks will happen,................in the future. there are a great deal of rumors fixing to start moving and they don't sound good. Sharpshooter does know what he is talking about and from all respects, the student is good. It is difficult to know who is saying what in this regards. A player doesn't say those things, A Mayor doesn't say those things. A group of fans don't say those things. That has been the trouble all along. The fans want winners, the Coach want's winners. The players want winners. Who does not want winners? What is all of this commotion going on? LHS has a super star on this team now, ELIE. Who is going to downgrade her? This other player could be, at least as good as her. Does anyone not want the other girl to be on LHS's team? Come on. Get real. The coach at LHS will take good players anywhere she can get them AND to assure anyone who is jealous, do your playing on the court and play yourself in the lineup being a team player that can play both ends of the court. Coach, if this is what you are dealing with all ready, it is hard to believe. If LHS doesn't think Sharpshooter will not try to get this player if LHS says they don't want her, have another think coming. He will try.

Coach, my thought was that your competiton for players would come from other high schools in the county. Little did any one know that you have fans that are starting to reject players thinking about trying to make a go of it at the school. Let this coach do her own coaching and finding players. This poster will assure you, this player will not get out of the County. if you don't think other schools are now mapping out a plan, let them read these posts and see what they will do. Leave this player alone and let the coach work this out.

My sincere apologies on this matter. I want to see LHS go all the way in everything they do. I know this young girl is a great player. But in the past other coaches have overlooked a lot of players just because of one.I seen this happen over the years and that is the reason there has been players go to other schools and I do not blame them. I understand there is an "I" in win but it takes good team bonding to accomplish that. I think the new coach will be awsome this year and I believe the girls will be fired up come opening night. I think I was miffed about LHS loosing such good coaches and it being blamed on the LHS administration. The school board sets the salaries and when they do that the principles just do not have much control over money... I think in 2 years (with the help of the upcoming player) Lebanon will be raising a state championship banner. PHargis... I aapreciate all you say about LHS. Its a great school and good things are going to happen there, you know it and so do I... Again I meant no hard feelings towards anyone... The devilettes has a team of stars now and upcoming. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />