JUstin Blake

yankees8589

Maybe I was wrong..A little. Here is the attnedance for this season. Does anyone know the UTM attendance prior to this season because I now for a fact I have watched them 2 or 3 times a year on channel 11 public television and it appeared to be an almost empty gym. My guess is that Hudson and Weddle were the reasons for the higher attendance this season.

Home average attendance: AP 3208 UTM 2717

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yankees, I found this interesting Austin Peay's recruits for 08

Justin Blake (SG) 6'2" 185 lbs Dyer Co. H.S. Ranked #59 SG in the nation

Tyrone Caldwell (PG) 6'0" 180 lbs Clarksville H.S. Ranked #57 PG in the nation

Mike Smith (SF) 6'5" 295 lbs Nashville Christian School Ranked #77 SF in the nation

Robert Elam (PF) 6'6" 210 lbs Nashville Christian School

James Harris (PG) 5'10" 155 lbs Nashville Christian School

Outside of TN

Anthony Campbell (SG) 6'6" 180 lbs Edwardsville H.S. (IL)

Looks like a good recruiting class for Austin Peay

Yankees, I found this interesting Austin Peay's recruits for 08

Justin Blake (SG) 6'2" 185 lbs Dyer Co. H.S. Ranked #59 SG in the nation

Tyrone Caldwell (PG) 6'0" 180 lbs Clarksville H.S. Ranked #57 PG in the nation

Mike Smith (SF) 6'5" 295 lbs Nashville Christian School Ranked #77 SF in the nation

Robert Elam (PF) 6'6" 210 lbs Nashville Christian School

James Harris (PG) 5'10" 155 lbs Nashville Christian School

Outside of TN

Anthony Campbell (SG) 6'6" 180 lbs Edwardsville H.S. (IL)

Looks like a good recruiting class for Austin Peay

Thats a very very good class. Most likely the best class in the OVC.

Thats a very very good class. Most likely the best class in the OVC.

Not entirely sure about that, but definitely a good class none the less! Looks like Austin Peay could make another run to the dance, but who knows?? Congratulations to Justin! I've been to Austin Peay's Campus and facilities and they have a GREAT college there! Very Underrated (Campus in general)! Good Luck to Justin in everything he plans to do!! Been a great time watching him and the rest of the Choctaws the past 2 years! Hope to get to watch him in the future on that ESPN!!!

UTM has one of the smallest budgets for D1 Bball schools it was like 3rd from last two seasons ago. Lester has put the program on the map and he has declared for the draft but didn't hire an agent. Justin could have played at UTM. I think Martin has a tough time recruiting because of the small town atmosphere. Most kids want a bigger town with things to do. There is not much to do in Martin.

Justin made a good choice he will play at AP. He might get minutes as a freshman or might be redshirted or he might adjust so quick he might start, he should have a good career there.

Not entirely sure about that, but definitely a good class none the less! Looks like Austin Peay could make another run to the dance, but who knows?? Congratulations to Justin! I've been to Austin Peay's Campus and facilities and they have a GREAT college there! Very Underrated (Campus in general)! Good Luck to Justin in everything he plans to do!! Been a great time watching him and the rest of the Choctaws the past 2 years! Hope to get to watch him in the future on that ESPN!!!

Tennessee Tech has a pretty good class coming in next year, leading off with an 80 rated player on ESPN. ESPN rates guys a little tougher in my opinion. I really dont know why athletes dont want to come to tech from the state of Tennessee. They have some amazing facilities, a great gym, and a top notch football field. But I also believe that all the OVC teams are pretty equal, Austin Peay is losing a lot of seniors from this team 5 to be exact plus a 7 footer. Any team in the OVC can win on any night. That is just from watching all the teams when they come to cookeville, and one game at Austin Peay that I went to...

UTM has one of the smallest budgets for D1 Bball schools it was like 3rd from last two seasons ago. Lester has put the program on the map and he has declared for the draft but didn't hire an agent. Justin could have played at UTM. I think Martin has a tough time recruiting because of the small town atmosphere. Most kids want a bigger town with things to do. There is not much to do in Martin.

Justin made a good choice he will play at AP. He might get minutes as a freshman or might be redshirted or he might adjust so quick he might start, he should have a good career there.

Thats what stopped me from playing football there... There was a cow pasture by the football field. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

It is probably really tough to get guys that are not from west tennessee to go there.

It certainly helps when a program has the winningest active coach and has been to the big dance three years in a row.Austin Peay has kinda taken the role of the best team in OVC basketball...lots of freshmen next year though, it could swing back to Murray State..who knows!!! Historically Murray State has been the dominate program in the OVC...if you look over a 20 to 25 year period...before that it was Western Kentucky, back when they were part of the OCV..That was the Gene Keady days at Western Kentucky. I don't know the entire history of WK but I know they were really good back in the OVC. I'm not that old but It makes me feel that way...I can actually remember that /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well untill recently most coaches never recruited West Tn there are guys from NY or California on the team before TN. One coach had the philosophy that if they where not from Memphis or Nashville they are not good enough to play for him.

It has changed now the last 2 coaches have recruited West TN and have gotten more fan support and some good players.