CC vs Franklin Co

Crimson100

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you all have your opinions and I have mine. Like it or not! Yes Terry Floyd is the head coach and Kenny Sadler is the assistant both who are not employed by Coffee County School System in any way except to coach. The special ed teacher is Amy Keele who teaches in the ninth grade wing at the high school. This was never intended to slam parents or volunter coaches. CC had the chance to hire the Shellybville head coach in softball when they hired Terry. She went on to coach at Oakland and do a great job. As for saying you don't care if they have a high school education or not thats pathetic! I think a high school head coach should at the least have a high shcool education and at this level a college education. In high school sports I want my child to be associated with a coach that is a good coach and an educated one. I realize that every situation is different and I know that some programs suffer from a teacher who would rather do anything than coach. That's tough to deal with, this is not a perfect world and was not the case with this hire. HOWEVER, in a high school setting not rec league or summer league I think the school should do everything in their power to hire quality teachers/coaches.

So you say softball has more wins than any other sport at CC well I still don't see a state championship for Floyd or Breeden. I think parents and volunteer coaches are invaluable, they make programs great. You need a set of standards when it comes to our kids. I know great coaches that got a degree in education just to coach. They could have been accountants, or lawyers or anything they chose and made a ton of money. But instead they get bashed on coacht, have late nights low pay just so they could coach. Then a guy with some knowlege of a sport no degree has to work his day job in around what should be a priority my kids season is a concern of mine.

Say what you guys want that is my opinion. I don't think having a degree makes you a good coach but I do feel you need standards. Other people have sacrificed, went to school to be in education to educate and teach and coach. If your in that enviornment I think you should walk the walk. Thats all. Did'nt mean to step on toes...

The good old boy system is alive and well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know it should not be about wins and losses it should be about learning the right way to play the game. I think a coach should teach the players to get along with your team, learn to deal the right way with a win or loss and the coach should teach good moral values to the kids. So I guess a coach is a teacher. Every one of these is met in the Coffee County softball program. I like to win as much as anyone else but what I like to see more than anything else is for a team to have fun and grow up to be good adults and that's what has happened at Coffee County for many years and with the 3 coaches they have now it will continue for many years to come, as long as they are left alone. A piece of paper does not make you a teacher or a coach. I have a degree and have been a teacher and I don't claim to be a coach even though I've been around sports all my life and have called over 2,000 games on the radio does not make me a coach. By the way Coffee Co. has won a State Championship in girls basketball and some individual track titles and even though state titles are great that??™s not what it??™s all about. Come on people they are just high school kids stop putting so much pressure on them. When you talk like this that is what you??™re doing. They love their coaches so lets get behind the team and coaches and everyone will be happier and have more success for it.

You know it should not be about wins and losses it should be about learning the right way to play the game. I think a coach should teach the players to get along with your team, learn to deal the right way with a win or loss and the coach should teach good moral values to the kids. So I guess a coach is a teacher. Every one of these is met in the Coffee County softball program. I like to win as much as anyone else but what I like to see more than anything else is for a team to have fun and grow up to be good adults and that's what has happened at Coffee County for many years and with the 3 coaches they have now it will continue for many years to come, as long as they are left alone. A piece of paper does not make you a teacher or a coach. I have a degree and have been a teacher and I don't claim to be a coach even though I've been around sports all my life and have called over 2,000 games on the radio does not make me a coach. By the way Coffee Co. has won a State Championship in girls basketball and some individual track titles and even though state titles are great that??™s not what it??™s all about. Come on people they are just high school kids stop putting so much pressure on them. When you talk like this that is what you??™re doing. They love their coaches so lets get behind the team and coaches and everyone will be happier and have more success for it.

Hey I just heard they let Coach Scroggins the girls head basketball coach go. Is that so? Just wondering did'nt the girls have a much better season than the boys? Has the boys coach been let go too?

Hey I just heard they let Coach Scroggins the girls head basketball coach go. Is that so? Just wondering did'nt the girls have a much better season than the boys? Has the boys coach been let go too?

Hey I just heard they let Coach Scroggins the girls head basketball coach go. Is that so? Just wondering did'nt the girls have a much better season than the boys? Has the boys coach been let go too?Hey I just heard they let Coach Scroggins the girls head basketball coach go. Is that so? Just wondering did'nt the girls have a much better season than the boys? Has the boys coach been let go too?

Word around town is that Scroggins has been let go as girl's BBall coach. He probably won 50% more games than the boy's coach during his tenure, BUT he wasn't a good ole' boy......our problem is, there are 2 or 3 people in the system that are pulling all the strings based off their own agendas.

As for the non faculty coach, I think that is OK only if they are an assistant. I believe the head coach should be a full time employee of the school system. The head coach should be at school all day so they can check in on players from time to time. Many coaches I know will visit with their player's teachers, check the absentee report, and just observe players attitudes and behavior in the hallways. Many coaches can avoid potential problems or troubling situations for a player simply by being "in the loop" of what is going on in the classroom. I just don't think you get that from a non faculty head coach.

Amen Lucky!!! One of the most intelligent replies to date!!!

Well you all have your opinions and I have mine. Like it or not! Yes Terry Floyd is the head coach and Kenny Sadler is the assistant both who are not employed by Coffee County School System in any way except to coach. The special ed teacher is Amy Keele who teaches in the ninth grade wing at the high school. This was never intended to slam parents or volunter coaches. CC had the chance to hire the Shellybville head coach in softball when they hired Terry. She went on to coach at Oakland and do a great job. As for saying you don't care if they have a high school education or not thats pathetic! I think a high school head coach should at the least have a high shcool education and at this level a college education. In high school sports I want my child to be associated with a coach that is a good coach and an educated one. I realize that every situation is different and I know that some programs suffer from a teacher who would rather do anything than coach. That's tough to deal with, this is not a perfect world and was not the case with this hire. HOWEVER, in a high school setting not rec league or summer league I think the school should do everything in their power to hire quality teachers/coaches.

So you say softball has more wins than any other sport at CC well I still don't see a state championship for Floyd or Breeden. I think parents and volunteer coaches are invaluable, they make programs great. You need a set of standards when it comes to our kids. I know great coaches that got a degree in education just to coach. They could have been accountants, or lawyers or anything they chose and made a ton of money. But instead they get bashed on coacht, have late nights low pay just so they could coach. Then a guy with some knowlege of a sport no degree has to work his day job in around what should be a priority my kids season is a concern of mine.

Say what you guys want that is my opinion. I don't think having a degree makes you a good coach but I do feel you need standards. Other people have sacrificed, went to school to be in education to educate and teach and coach. If your in that enviornment I think you should walk the walk. Thats all. Did'nt mean to step on toes...

The good old boy system is alive and well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, now lets here the rest of the story. Is Coach Floyd not playing your child enough or is not a starter or she is batting 2nd not 1st? Really what is the problem? Tell us what you are really upset about? We are talking about a coach with no kids involved spending countless hours teaching a sport (without a cert) to young ladies.

Didn't see all the problems as he (Coach Floyd) was working to help build the hitting center, etc.

The problem is he doesnt care who your daddy or moma is and plays the kids that he feels should play. You would like to see a coach that the system or a few people can controll to achieve his or her own agenda.

That's pathetic!