Dyer Co. fans

ready4boro

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes leaders can be made but most have something others don't. Something about them..that special something if you will. My oldest son has that but my youngest don't. A true leader leads by example and takes charge and makes everyone around them better...in life and sports. A leader is not timid and does not always need direction. A leader is always confident in themselves and their ability. A leader will stand up when otheres will not...All these qualities apply to life and sports. Their's allways that someone who stands out from others and coaches, teachers, parents, bosses, our peers, and others recognoze that these people are different.

I agree. There are also different types of leaders. My daughter is a leader, yet she's very outspoken and leads not only by words but also by example. My son, on the other hand, isn't as outspoken but leads by example. He isn't one to order others around, he just pushes himself, which in turn pushes others. There are a few things though he will speak out about and he won't let anyone run over him.

I graduated from GCHS, my husband from Lawrence Co (middle TN), my daughter from Peabody and my son attends DCHS. We lived in Trenton and we gladly sent our daughter to Peabody because of the awesome guidance counselor and the music progam. Our daughter fit in well there. She took school serously and studied. Our son isn't as studious, yet made average grades. Dyer Co. offers a block schedule that keeps his classes to 3-4 at a time, which is great for him. He's holding a 3.89 consistantly and I'm not so sure he'd been able to do that with 7 classes at Peabody. The baseball program is much better than Peabody. Peabody's coach repeatedly stated he'd never start a freshman, he didn't care if he was Barry Bonds, he would not start him. Which would be okay if he played an active JV schedule........3 JV games per season just doesn't cut it. We moved to Newbern......closer to my brother, got the school schedule we preferred and the baseball program we desired. We did it legal and for more than ONE reason! Don't think parents are that shallow. Raising children is THE MOST DIFFICULT JOB IN THE WORLD!!! We all want to do what is best for our kids' present and future! You don't have a right to even comment on this subject unless you are a parent!

I agree. There are also different types of leaders. My daughter is a leader, yet she's very outspoken and leads not only by words but also by example. My son, on the other hand, isn't as outspoken but leads by example. He isn't one to order others around, he just pushes himself, which in turn pushes others. There are a few things though he will speak out about and he won't let anyone run over him.

I graduated from GCHS, my husband from Lawrence Co (middle TN), my daughter from Peabody and my son attends DCHS. We lived in Trenton and we gladly sent our daughter to Peabody because of the awesome guidance counselor and the music progam. Our daughter fit in well there. She took school serously and studied. Our son isn't as studious, yet made average grades. Dyer Co. offers a block schedule that keeps his classes to 3-4 at a time, which is great for him. He's holding a 3.89 consistantly and I'm not so sure he'd been able to do that with 7 classes at Peabody. The baseball program is much better than Peabody. Peabody's coach repeatedly stated he'd never start a freshman, he didn't care if he was Barry Bonds, he would not start him. Which would be okay if he played an active JV schedule........3 JV games per season just doesn't cut it. We moved to Newbern......closer to my brother, got the school schedule we preferred and the baseball program we desired. We did it legal and for more than ONE reason! Don't think parents are that shallow. Raising children is THE MOST DIFFICULT JOB IN THE WORLD!!! We all want to do what is best for our kids' present and future! You don't have a right to even comment on this subject unless you are a parent!

Good post....my nephew is at Northview....says your son is a great player. My brother coaches fb at Northview. DC and Northview have great athletic departments. My child is young but I send her to the school I do....because it suits her. You do anything in your power to give your child the very best opportunities in life. Hope to get to a DC baseball game....will be going to travel ball all weekend to see my nephew play /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That is one of the best post ever /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I have tried very hard to not bring up my two boys because I was begining to think that I was coming off as someone that brags to much about my kids.Everybody on here with kids unerstands that bond... Your post lit a spark in me. My oldest son will be 23 this August, he a SGT in the Marine Corp and is a true natural born leader..he is the most motivated youn man I have ever seen in my entire life...leads by example, is vocal when need be, knows when to stand his ground, and will never let you down. I have only told one person this on these boards and it was an IM : he boxed for the Jackson Boxing Club for 5 years (from 11 to 16) he was the mid-south golden gloves champion15/16 age group and before that was the West Tn Golden Gloves Champion 11/12 and 13/14 age group. He has fought in Chattanooga (south east), Nashville, Little Rock (mid south), Louisana (mid south) and Kansas City (national golden gloves) and a few other places. He beat a kid from Texas and lost to a kid from California in the junior nationals at Kansas City and after those two performances and the exposure was ranked number 10 in the country for 15/16 age group Golden Gloves Junior Nationals. He also won the Michael Nunnley Award two years in a row which is awarded to the most outstanding boxer from West TN. Michael Nunnley was a Nationla Golden Gloves champion that was a potential world champion as a pro but lost his life in an accident at the age of 19..... My youngest is not the leader like my oldest but leads more by example, he played two years of basketball for Jackson SS, and was a member of the national Honor society. He got accepted into Naval Nuclear Power School..this is the toughest academic path in the entire milirtary regardles of what branch. He just got his 2nd poem publishied 6 months ago..he loves to write on the side. I have often told him his god given talent was as a write. I beleive the kid could write a novel right now. He actually has a transcript he wrote when in highschool. He graduated with a 3.7 and took nothing but honors classe for 4 straight years.

You are right we are not shallow and raising kids is the toughest job in the world. I made some mistakes as a parent but I taught my kids well and am proud of them. Those that don't have children don't understand. Thanks for your post /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That is one of the best post ever /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I have tried very hard to not bring up my two boys because I was begining to think that I was coming off as someone that brags to much about my kids.Everybody on here with kids unerstands that bond... Your post lit a spark in me. My oldest son will be 23 this August, he a SGT in the Marine Corp and is a true natural born leader..he is the most motivated youn man I have ever seen in my entire life...leads by example, is vocal when need be, knows when to stand his ground, and will never let you down. I have only told one person this on these boards and it was an IM : he boxed for the Jackson Boxing Club for 5 years (from 11 to 16) he was the mid-south golden gloves champion15/16 age group and before that was the West Tn Golden Gloves Champion 11/12 and 13/14 age group. He has fought in Chattanooga (south east), Nashville, Little Rock (mid south), Louisana (mid south) and Kansas City (national golden gloves) and a few other places. He beat a kid from Texas and lost to a kid from California in the junior nationals at Kansas City and after those two performances and the exposure was ranked number 10 in the country for 15/16 age group Golden Gloves Junior Nationals. He also won the Michael Nunnley Award two years in a row which is awarded to the most outstanding boxer from West TN. Michael Nunnley was a Nationla Golden Gloves champion that was a potential world champion as a pro but lost his life in an accident at the age of 19..... My youngest is not the leader like my oldest but leads more by example, he played two years of basketball for Jackson SS, and was a member of the national Honor society. He got accepted into Naval Nuclear Power School..this is the toughest academic path in the entire milirtary regardles of what branch. He just got his 2nd poem publishied 6 months ago..he loves to write on the side. I have often told him his god given talent was as a write. I beleive the kid could write a novel right now. He actually has a transcript he wrote when in highschool. He graduated with a 3.7 and took nothing but honors classe for 4 straight years.

You are right we are not shallow and raising kids is the toughest job in the world. I made some mistakes as a parent but I taught my kids well and am proud of them. Those that don't have children don't understand. Thanks for your post /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congratulations... You must be extremely proud!! Those boxing stats are awesome! And that 3.7 i know how hard it is to keep that gpa up!

Thank you!

WOW.........sounds like you've done a fine job. Every parent has to brag ever now and again. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Glad you did!

Good post....my nephew is at Northview....says your son is a great player. My brother coaches fb at Northview. DC and Northview have great athletic departments. My child is young but I send her to the school I do....because it suits her. You do anything in your power to give your child the very best opportunities in life. Hope to get to a DC baseball game....will be going to travel ball all weekend to see my nephew play /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thank you! He works really hard all year.

Thank you!

WOW.........sounds like you've done a fine job. Every parent has to brag ever now and again. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Glad you did!

Your Welcome...and I would say you have done and outstanding job to /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Your Welcome...and I would say you have done and outstanding job to /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thank you!

I also meant to comment on your son being in the Military. It takes a strong person....physically and mentally to be a Military person. My husband is a 17 year member of the National Guard. He served a 6mo tour in Saudi Arabia, a 13mo tour in Iraq and is looking at another 12-13 mo within the next year, so I am familiar with the Military ways. I admire anyone who joins and sticks with it because let's face it, it's tough signing those papers knowing your chances of being deployed are very high. I also admire their parents who encourged them, not discouraged them. So many citizens of the USA talk poorly of our Commander in Chief and his decision to invade Iraq; however, I support him because: for one he is our LEADER (no matter what party) and I believe you should show respect, secondly he is my husbands boss and thirdly I don't think it's setting a good example for other countries when we bad mouth our President. Now, to disagree with him is okay, just don't let it get out of hand. Okay, I went WAY off the subject here.............what thread am I in? LOL

Anyway, to all you Military personnel out there..................THANK YOU AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. I ADMIRE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY, MAY GOD BLESS YOU! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thank you!

I also meant to comment on your son being in the Military. It takes a strong person....physically and mentally to be a Military person. My husband is a 17 year member of the National Guard. He served a 6mo tour in Saudi Arabia, a 13mo tour in Iraq and is looking at another 12-13 mo within the next year, so I am familiar with the Military ways. I admire anyone who joins and sticks with it because let's face it, it's tough signing those papers knowing your chances of being deployed are very high. I also admire their parents who encourged them, not discouraged them. So many citizens of the USA talk poorly of our Commander in Chief and his decision to invade Iraq; however, I support him because: for one he is our LEADER (no matter what party) and I believe you should show respect, secondly he is my husbands boss and thirdly I don't think it's setting a good example for other countries when we bad mouth our President. Now, to disagree with him is okay, just don't let it get out of hand. Okay, I went WAY off the subject here.............what thread am I in? LOL

Anyway, to all you Military personnel out there..................THANK YOU AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. I ADMIRE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY, MAY GOD BLESS YOU! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

My oldest just started on his 2nd tour in Iraq..I will pass along your support to him.