Dyer Co. fans

ready4boro

Andre lived not very far from my parents, where I lived while going to high school. I lived in Obion County about 20 miles from OC Central and 15 miles from DC. I have attended Dyer County schools my whole life K-8 @ Bogota and 9-12 at DC. No one ever said I had to go here or there. The only thing was OC schools wouldn't allow a bus to pick me up I went to a country store in Dyer County every morning for my freshman and half of my soph year and caught the bus. My mom wanted me to go to D-burg but they said I would have to pay like $500 dollars a year because I didn't live in the school zone. I know a few kids that went to Jr. with me that went to Dyersburg and lived in the county. Not many played sports well no one but me played but they still had a choice to go to a different school.

This is why it is awkward to have kids all of a sudden move in to play sports. They where all ways able.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to clarify my statement. As long as you live in the county. That's what I meant by moving. You can't live in one county and go to a school in another as far as I know. Look at Gibson County for instance...aren't there kids from Humboldt that go to the county school, same for Trenton. If I'm wrong let me know because I don't claim to be an expert on this. It would seem a county school would be open to any astudent that lives in that county.....Might be som TAX issues here and there though. I don't know...I just don't for one minute think any funny rule breaking is going on at DC. If it is it needs to be proven because some are ripping this mans reputation and it's really unfair to do that.

ready4boro, I'll disagree with you and say yankees does know what he's talking about. We may disagree on a thing or two but we would probably agree on most things between us.

beavo, if you go to Dyer Co. you should've saw him at your school the day before yesterday. He's a tall red headed kid. The DC school even gave him and his parents a tour of the school. I'm still not convinced that nothing was said to him in order to get him to come to DC to play ball but we won't talk about it.

Someone from DC told me that the kid would not have to move...WRONG! You have to live WITHIN the limits of the school. In this case it would be moving into the DC area. Whether it be Roellen, Churchton, Newbern, or wherever it may be. They then went onto tell me that there was an exception for big time athletes not having to move. Whether it's a big time athlete or a scrub it makes no difference, you have to live within the area. I was told that Andre Flowers played 4 years at DC but still lived in Lake Co... Is that not against the rules? You have to live in the area of your designated school. Exception for big-time athletes, lol.....

I was reading the different posts concerning transfers the pros and cons, I guess different situation warrant different attitudes about transferring my children all attended and still attend school here in the city..... many of their class mates from primary through middle school attended here but once it became time to go to high school alot of them change to other schools. I can assure you it was not academics that pulled them, some moved due to parents and job transfers but 9 of the 10 local transfers moved due (1) the new school atmosphere of DC(2) some moved because they thught it would be easier (I DID NOT SAY IT WAS I SAID THEY THOUGHT IT WAS EASIER) and most of them are doing no better at DC then they did here in the city (3) Some because of discipline problems and finally (4) Some because of sports, they loved a winner and DC was winning, boys basketball at DHS was down due to Coach well you know who and kids were not going to put up with him..... some of the girls who transferred knew coming into DHS would initially mean spending some time on the bench and they wanted to play.... People have choices and they try to do what is best for their child personally if I had a son or daughter that was a super star athlete or whatever he or she would go where they were suppose to go because the bottom line is most of our little high school stars of today are tomorrow's memory very few of them go into sports careers. Five years from now we will be looking back at our stars from this past basketball or football season and remember very few of their names it will be interesting to see where they are hopefully they made the right decisions but I warn you alot of bad choices made in high school can harm or shape the rest of your lives.......lets see where they are.....

It is so important that we as parent try to instill into our children that you can't run from things if a situation is not right then you need to be sure you have done all that is humanly possible to correct it, what type of messages are we sending our children transferring them to a school because a certain person is a coach or they have a great athletic team.... no life is hard and it is during the high school years when we really have to develop our sons and daughter we must prepare them for what is out there... there have been many times when I have wanted to just get up and move or run away because things were rough or hard for me but I had to be a adult and be committed to something and stand up and be a man.....

Base on what I know and this is NOT RUMOR ALL of the ones that transferred from Dyersburg High and these are the ones on the basketball team theystill live here in the city in the same houses they just commute. I don't think you have to live in a certain area.... once you transfer within the county, we have a open door policy here in the county so this would probably apply to the student from area communities as well as for the Flowers young man I know his mother lives in Lake County but with a open door policy you can live anywhere if you want to drive to one of the local schools it is not against the law.

I just worry about the message that we are sending as parent that when sports or being on a winning team is more important then during things by the rules or the way they should be what will we say when LiL Johnny or Lil Amy decides further down the road that he or she does not like being married or can't pay their car payment etc and they just decide to walk away or bail out.... what can we as parent's say we taught them that bailing out or running away was the thing to do... /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

yankees...NO kids from Humboldt, Trenton, Milan, or Bradford go to Gibson Co. High School....Milan goes to Milan, Trenton to Trenton, Humboldt to Humboldt, Bradford to Bradford....Gibson Co. has 5 feeder schools Spring Hill, Yorkville, Dyer, Rutherford and Medina. These are the only kids that attend Gibson Co. High School. Gibson Co. is Gibson Co. Special School District. Back a couple of years ago Humboldt tried to throw a lawsuit on us trying to get rid of the "Special School District" part so Humboldt kids could attend Gibson Co. but it didnt quite happen. That was AFTER Humboldt didn't get their way with annexing Three Way. It was all about Humboldt making that extra dollar. That then set in the school zoning. Maybe, the zoning is just for Gibson Co. because that's when all the zoning started happening. I sure thought it was for all of West TN but I may be wrong now that I think about it.

Ok yankees, lemme ask you a question about the DC deal. You think from winning 3 games CJ's Freshman year and then the next year getting in 4-5 new great players from Dyersburg and making the state semi-finals and then going 33-2 and another state semi-final in 2 years of being there is not suspicious!?!? It usually takes 4 years to build a program back, in this case with all these new players it took 1 year. That is VERY suspicious. How can you say a kid like Justin Blake never had a chance to play at Dyersburg? Of course the man is going to be a good coach when he has a team that is loaded from top to bottom. All these new kids did not start rolling into Dyer Co. from Dyersburg until the new coach was there. Call it what ya want but I know what I'll call it....

yankees...NO kids from Humboldt, Trenton, Milan, or Bradford go to Gibson Co. High School....Milan goes to Milan, Trenton to Trenton, Humboldt to Humboldt, Bradford to Bradford....Gibson Co. has 5 feeder schools Spring Hill, Yorkville, Dyer, Rutherford and Medina. These are the only kids that attend Gibson Co. High School. Gibson Co. is Gibson Co. Special School District. Back a couple of years ago Humboldt tried to throw a lawsuit on us trying to get rid of the "Special School District" part. That was AFTER Humboldt didn't get their way by annexing Three Way. That then set in the school zoning. Maybe, the zoning is just for Gibson Co. because that's when all the zoning started happening. I sure thought it was for all of West TN but I may be wrong now that I think about it.

Ok yankees, lemme ask you a question about the DC deal. You think from winning 3 games CJ's Freshman year and then the next year getting in 4-5 new great players from Dyersburg and making the state semi-finals the next year and then going 33-2 in 2 years of being there is not suspicious!?!? It usually takes 4 years to build a program back, in this case with all these new players it took 1 year. That is VERY suspicious. How can you say a kid like Justin Blake never had a chance to play at Dyersburg? Of course the man is going to be a good coach when he has a team that is loaded from top to bottom. All these new kids did not start rolling into Dyer Co. from Dyersburg until the new coach was there. Call it what ya want but I know what I'll call it....

Okay...JB was obviously miserable there....I mean the kid sat OUT for the alloted time to leave D'burg and be eligible to play at DC. Ask him about it, ask his parents. Ask the other kids about their experience there...ask them about being told to "go down the road and play with the hoods" Classy huh??? No way on God's green earth would I want my child in an enviornment like that. JB didn't have a chance to play there BECAUSE it wasn't given to him. They claim he wasn't good enough. I'd say scoring over 1000pts. in 1 1/2 seasons refutes that. I KNOW of many students who have transferred because of the cliques and pure misery they experienced while at D'burg and they are thriving now. No I AM NOT saying D'burg or its resisents are bad because they are not. My child is exactly that....a child and if they are not happy I do not expect them to "man up". If they can benefit from being at another school...then guess what?? They are going to another school. JB thrived at DC...read the State Gazette article....he ADMIRES his coach and respects him and more importantly gets RESPECT BACK. When you have kids one day you will understand this...you want your child to have the best opportunities...more importantly you want them to be HAPPY.

yankees...NO kids from Humboldt, Trenton, Milan, or Bradford go to Gibson Co. High School....Milan goes to Milan, Trenton to Trenton, Humboldt to Humboldt, Bradford to Bradford....Gibson Co. has 5 feeder schools Spring Hill, Yorkville, Dyer, Rutherford and Medina. These are the only kids that attend Gibson Co. High School. Gibson Co. is Gibson Co. Special School District. Back a couple of years ago Humboldt tried to throw a lawsuit on us trying to get rid of the "Special School District" part so Humboldt kids could attend Gibson Co. but it didnt quite happen. That was AFTER Humboldt didn't get their way with annexing Three Way. That then set in the school zoning. Maybe, the zoning is just for Gibson Co. because that's when all the zoning started happening. I sure thought it was for all of West TN but I may be wrong now that I think about it.

Ok yankees, lemme ask you a question about the DC deal. You think from winning 3 games CJ's Freshman year and then the next year getting in 4-5 new great players from Dyersburg and making the state semi-finals and then going 33-2 and another state semi-final in 2 years of being there is not suspicious!?!? It usually takes 4 years to build a program back, in this case with all these new players it took 1 year. That is VERY suspicious. How can you say a kid like Justin Blake never had a chance to play at Dyersburg? Of course the man is going to be a good coach when he has a team that is loaded from top to bottom. All these new kids did not start rolling into Dyer Co. from Dyersburg until the new coach was there. Call it what ya want but I know what I'll call it....

Coach Brown (ex-Dyersburg Coach) cared about getting his own sons more playing time than the kids that were better than them and that is not just from me but from quite a few Dyersburg people as well! No it is not suspicious where was the Boston Celtics last year?

This thread is getting borderline INSANE. Not one single shred of evidence has been produced of any rule breaking, wrong doing, viloations , or anything. NOTHING and It goes on and on and on. The only people that McCord has any power over is the people on these message boards. For goodness sakes why not just send the man to the CHAIR. I would venture to say everyone on here has skeletons in there colsets...I KNOW I DO. But now pull the high and mighty card. Oh what kind of message are we sending....Do we let our kids watch tv shows we shouldn't , do we ever cuss in front of our children, do we ever set a bad example if front of our children, do we listen to music we shoudn't in front of our children, do we ever not listen to our children when we should, do we spoil our children rotten when we know better, do we ever think our kids are perfect and do no wrong, do we sometimes not punish our children because we are so selfish it would hurt us more than our kids.....I could go on forever. This is CRAZY...I'm sure we have all sent alot more wrong messages than what this thread is about. None of us are perfect, the only control I ever had was over my own kids and I can assure everyone i have sent the wrong message plenty of times..but I will say right now I done OK by my kids and they never got in trouble and both are doing very well for themselves. I have a 19 year old and a 22 year old. I guess I'm insane to because I can't let it go I just continue to voice my opinion even though I feel like i'm speaking to a brick wall just as others feel the same about me /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I'm just a firm beleiver that if you have something solid put it out there if not why bash someone else!!!!

yankees...NO kids from Humboldt, Trenton, Milan, or Bradford go to Gibson Co. High School....Milan goes to Milan, Trenton to Trenton, Humboldt to Humboldt, Bradford to Bradford....Gibson Co. has 5 feeder schools Spring Hill, Yorkville, Dyer, Rutherford and Medina. These are the only kids that attend Gibson Co. High School. Gibson Co. is Gibson Co. Special School District. Back a couple of years ago Humboldt tried to throw a lawsuit on us trying to get rid of the "Special School District" part so Humboldt kids could attend Gibson Co. but it didnt quite happen. That was AFTER Humboldt didn't get their way with annexing Three Way. It was all about Humboldt making that extra dollar. That then set in the school zoning. Maybe, the zoning is just for Gibson Co. because that's when all the zoning started happening. I sure thought it was for all of West TN but I may be wrong now that I think about it.

What were all the lawsuits going back and forth between GC and all the special school distrits about then. Seriously I don't know. I am going to look at the State Laws tonight to get a better understanding because I know there is alot of ambiguity when it comes to these things. Just like Madison County is different from Memphis and Memphis is different from GC and GC is different from OC and OC is different from UC.

This is my thoughts about the DC deal as I have stated before. I have not seen any evedince of wrong doing, cheating, recruiting, rule breaking or anything...All I hear is opinions of those things and nothing else. I fthose of us on these thread were running everyting we would all be thrwon UNDER the jail and railroaded out of town....That's why one must have solid evidence or else we would all be troulbel just because others didn't like or agree with us.

If 5-6 kids transferred from the one same school to the other same school, it'd be very suspicious no matter the school. I promise you if Gibson Co. had 5 football players transfer in from Milan to Gibson Co. (which won't ever happen, just using as example) I'd, for one, think something was very suspicious even if I am a fan of the school.

If 5-6 kids transferred from the one same school to the other same school, it'd be very suspicious no matter the school. I promise you if Gibson Co. had 5 football players transfer in from Milan to Gibson Co. (which won't ever happen, just using as example) I'd, for one, think something was very suspicious even if I am a fan of the school.

Can you name 4-5 kids that came from Dyersburg to DC in one year? I know I can't! I can name 3 that came from Dyersburg to DC in 1 year and another that came from Missouri, but not from 1 school!