Dyer Co. fans

ready4boro

you would tend to believe that your almighty Dyer County logic would tell you that condicending, sarcastic remarks like this are what keep people riled up about your fanbase. When in reality, its not the fanbase, its simply fans like you and your arrogance that bring bad reputations onto other people. But far be it from me to pass any sort of judgment upon you because we all know just how holy-er (not clue on the spelling) than thou you are. Please, your worse than my pre-teen daughter!

And you are any better...please!!!! You"re remarks have not been condescending???...your attitude has not been holier than thou????? I am happy for any kid FROM any school that has success. You aren't passing judgements...re-read your post. So sorry if I hit a nerve.....from your posts I gather you have stomped on many a nerve. Believe me you would be jumping ALL OVER this if it was your team, your coach and your fans being talked about /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> . WHY DO YOU CARE?? Oh yeah...you whine too much /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> By the way he posted the scores of multiple games that were run up. Is there an excuse for every one of them?? I like P&G.....he knows how to take sarcasm. PLEASE you whine more than my 6 yr. old daughter. OMG..pride&tradition doesn't like me..I will lose so much sleep over this...NOT. I stood on my feet and cheered for UC at state..was so happy a team from rural west tn. brought home the gold ball. Our team is good, our school is good, our fans are good, our coach is good. But you my friend have ALOT of nerve talking about someone else being condescending.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jack, you obviously WERE NOT at the GC/DC game @ DC. Justin Blake and Deangelo Parr were both in the game with around 3 minutes to go while up 45-50 points! You guys even continued to press....whether you folks like it or not it's running up the score....

Just something else for you DC fans to be excited about...that person I have been referring to all year that is the 8th grader is now enrolled at DC for next year! I knew it was going to happen and you DC folks claimed I had NO CLUE what I was talking about. It seems as if I DO know what I'm talking about as I get my answers from very reliable resources. I know you'll be excited about the kid coming there as he is an AWESOME player but I just wanted you folks to know I had a clue! I hope the kid has an awesome 4 years at DC and hopefully he'll be playing at the next level after high school. Good Luck to him!!!!!

pride, there goes one of the 2 8th graders I had been mentioning about coming to GC....

you would tend to believe that your almighty Dyer County logic would tell you that condicending, sarcastic remarks like this are what keep people riled up about your fanbase. When in reality, its not the fanbase, its simply fans like you and your arrogance that bring bad reputations onto other people. But far be it from me to pass any sort of judgment upon you because we all know just how holy-er (not clue on the spelling) than thou you are. Please, your worse than my pre-teen daughter!

WOW....What's up with that!!!! I thought you weren't passing judgement!!!! Both teams have had some pretty big margins, anybody can look it up. How can it be one is bad and the other is justified....IT CAN'T!!! It's the exact same thing no matter how you dice it. Either both are bad or both are justified..can't be two different standards. DC and UC have been the class of the NW TN area and both have beat some other teams brain in...like I said you either tell your 2nd and 3rd string to tank it, you let them play, or you run half court stuff...it's up to the coach and from the looks of it both coaches have the same philosopy... I say let em play. I watched the UC vs Dresden game on channel 11 last season and UC had the pedal to the mettle the whole game. I only know of one fan base that stays riled up against DC and that is Dburg..to my knowledge not anybody else. You should read your post in it's entierity before you hit the button because the preeteen remark is exactly what you were doing before you slid that nasty comment in. Better watch out..adamsmom might just get a switch , take you out behind the woodshed, and teach you some manners /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Hey..I'm sure were all good people on here and we all have pride and passion for our respective schools but we are all equal when you get down o it...nobody is any better than anybody else...Lighten up dude!!!! Both the DC and UC fan base are probably the best in the state along with Bolivar...it's just for some crazy reason some people look at DC like their 2nd rate and don't measure up which is total BS. We can all bury the hatchet amd move on or keep it up...dosen't matter to me...I'm game either way /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Just in case people wonder why I like DC, UC, Jackson SS, and Bolivar. All my kin on my fathers side is from DC, I lived in Obion County for 10 years, and have been in Jackson for the last 20 years. I have ties to every area. But my son went to Jackson SS so I have deeper ties to my district than any other. Since he is out of school now and in the Navy I have much more freedom to only watch the big matchups and elite teams. And I know my post are to long but I enjoty this.....good luck to all rural West Tn in the future /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I just know what I have been told.

Coaches are never what people think, most fans don't know them personally. I can say this because most people hated the coach I played for and they never really talked to him. Not saying these guys are not good guys just throwing that out there.

No these coaches that that are saying this about McCord are not bitter over not getting the DC job, some of these guys are college coaches. The only people that new how good DC was going to be were the former coaches and other people in the district that had seen Justin and Dejaun play JV or freshman at D-burg.

Who are the college coaches because not all college coaches truly have the best interest in mind when it comes to these kids...Alot could care less if they leave college with a degree..all they want is a ball player....Sad but true in many cases.

OK...Why dosen't everybody on here that got in on the running up the score debate go on the record and say either both schools do it or don't and if some say one does and the other dosen't explain the reason...because the margins are pretty common place for both schools...it's not like it's just a game or two were all talking about. My position is that if you say DC runs up the score you have to say the same thing about UC...It's simple. all you have to do is pull up the schedule from the last two seasons..it's there of everybody to see.

The only people I know that don't like the DC coach is Dburg fans....As for anyone else it's a mystery why this man would not be liked. Their has to be an element of truth to the jelously argument...maybe it's because some of the fellow coaches didn't get the DC job...Who knows!!!! As long as DC wins more games than not, his kids get a chance for a free education at the next level ( the ones that are good enough), all his kids graduate, and his kids are productive citizens after school I would say he has done his Job....would you agree with that....I'm serious I don't get it...I played and have watched more games and coaches than I can count...he is no different than just about every other coach as far as his actions on the sidelines..with maybe the exception he usually outcoaches the opponent, and that is usually done in practice away from everyone else. The man is a winner and from everything I've seen all his kids conduct themselves in a polite respectfull manner...his kids certainly don't reflect bad on the DC school...It appears the kids are a mirror reflection of the coach.....with the exception of the sideline antics which any coach worth anything does...all that is is working the officials and motivating your team.I really beleive this man is a mentor to these kids just as he should be. I'm serious I don't get it!!!!!!! Good coach, Good Kids, Good Fan support, Good Community...what gives....I guess it's like that old saying.....It's lonely at the Top!!!! McCord, Sisco, Rudesill, and Williams all share something in common and that is alot of other programs are really envious of the programs these men lead.

please leave us out of this..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I don't how you can come to the conclusion that dyersburg fans dislike your coach? I don't think we have ever physically done anything to him???.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> base on what I have read the ones that do not like or have much respect for your coach reside a bit further north and north west of Dyersburg....

please leave us out of this..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I don't how you can come to the conclusion that dyersburg fans dislike your coach? I don't think we have ever physically done anything to him???.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> base on what I have read the ones that do not like or have much respect for your coach reside a bit further north and north west of Dyersburg....

MY bad...I apologize to you and leave you out of this but you and I both know their are lot's of Dburg people that don't like DC...BTW he is not my coach I live in Jackson. Just out of curiosity do you like MCord? Forget that question,,no need to start the Hatfield and McCoy feud up again since the season is over /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> It's all in good fun anyway unless some want to do like Stephen A Smith and take it to another level /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I can't stand Stephen A..I had rather not go to another level!!!! But I will /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

jack, you obviously WERE NOT at the GC/DC game @ DC. Justin Blake and Deangelo Parr were both in the game with around 3 minutes to go while up 45-50 points! You guys even continued to press....whether you folks like it or not it's running up the score....Just something else for you DC fans to be excited about...that person I have been referring to all year that is the 8th grader is now enrolled at DC for next year! I knew it was going to happen and you DC folks claimed I had NO CLUE what I was talking about. It seems as if I DO know what I'm talking about as I get my answers from very reliable resources. I know you'll be excited about the kid coming there as he is an AWESOME player but I just wanted you folks to know I had a clue! I hope the kid has an awesome 4 years at DC and hopefully he'll be playing at the next level after high school. Good Luck to him!!!!! pride, there goes one of the 2 8th graders I had been mentioning about coming to GC....

Does he have a choice to go to DC??? I knew exactly who you were talking about /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> .....did you know McCord taught him in a ball camp??? Seems to me the kid likes what he sees at DC....nothing wrong with a kid going where he can better himself. I know kids who will be coming to DC from D'burg in the next couple of years......why??? Cause they want to go to DC not D'burg....plain and simple and their parents want them at DC. Does not mean the "R" word /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ahhhhh....welcome to the madness!!!!!!

jack, you obviously WERE NOT at the GC/DC game @ DC. Justin Blake and Deangelo Parr were both in the game with around 3 minutes to go while up 45-50 points! You guys even continued to press....whether you folks like it or not it's running up the score....

Just something else for you DC fans to be excited about...that person I have been referring to all year that is the 8th grader is now enrolled at DC for next year! I knew it was going to happen and you DC folks claimed I had NO CLUE what I was talking about. It seems as if I DO know what I'm talking about as I get my answers from very reliable resources. I know you'll be excited about the kid coming there as he is an AWESOME player but I just wanted you folks to know I had a clue! I hope the kid has an awesome 4 years at DC and hopefully he'll be playing at the next level after high school. Good Luck to him!!!!!

pride, there goes one of the 2 8th graders I had been mentioning about coming to GC....

All smack and jokes aside....Is he playing AAU ball this summer and if so do you know the team? I know this is a touchy subject with you but if no rules were broken then theirs no there there. It's up to the parents...Alot of people from West Tn and the rest of Tn don't know Jackson SS lost Wayne Chism to Bolivar after his sophmore year..some people had bitter feelings but I didn't because that was his parents choice...and as bad as I hate to say this ..He made the right choice. Rudesill beleives in his kids playing AAU ball and he has the contacts and is respected. I was in a rebounders club meeting 3 years ago and heard the SS coach say he didn't beleive in AAU..but he finally relented and some SS kids started playing over the preceeding summers....two of the kids are at Jackson St and the PG for this years team will most likey play in college (NAIA ot JUCO) This was the current coach and I'm pretty sure Tyson's kids didn't play much AAU either. One of the kids at Jackson St is Tristan Carter a legit 6'3 guard who has alot of tools...I have no doubt whatsoever he could have played at a much much higer level than Jackson State but the lack of exposure really hurt him because he only played one summer of AAU and that was between his junior and senior season....at the very least he could have played for a JUCO power. Carter can shoot the three, can slash,can take you off the dribble, can jump out of the gym, and was the ultimate team player. I saw this kid dunk in alot of games. Just giving my opinion that's all. Maybe the kids parents weighed their optins and decided DC was a better fit..especially if they were looking to the future beyond highschool. I'm serious though if he is playing AAU let me know and what team. When a parent is lookig at their childs future it's serious buisness...especially if the child may have serious options on the table in regards to athleteics and college. Parent have the ultimate say when it comes to their children.

ad, I'll start to your comment first. I'm not going to get mad about it because obviously the boys family felt he had a better chance to win and more of a chance to get looked at for college purposes at a school like Dyer Co. where there is lots of talent year in and year out. The kid lives in the GC area so in order for him to go to DC they would have to move to the DC area. My only thing about him playing for a team like DC is that he will not be near as quick as CJ or Rex. I'll promise you though he'll be able to shoot the lights out of the gym. I'm not quite sure if he is done growing yet or not but if he get's another 2 or 3 inches on him he could easily be a D1 recruit if he works hard enough which I think can happen.

yankees, I'm not sure if he does play AAU which I honestly don't think he does but I'm not 100% definate but I'll find out. I knew about Wayne playing at SS then transferring to Bolivar. I never got to see him play while at SS but saw him play a couple times while with Bolivar. As for them looking at the future, I know that's for sure. The kid plays several sports and I honestly think his go-to sport will be basketball. The kid is also a great baseball player! I know Jr. High and High School are 2 different levels of ball but as an 8th grader this year he averaged around 32 PPG and had 1 50 point game. For any kid on any level to be doing that is very impressive. No, I'm not boosting his numbers up either. Their legit. They played in the Jr. High TNT Tournaments this year in Springfield and he scored 32 in the first game, 31 in the second game, and 23 in the championship and was double teamed in the championship by 2 kids that were just as tall as he was and he still reeled off 23 points. I'll find out for sure if he plays AAU or not and let ya know...

ad, I'll start to your comment first. I'm not going to get mad about it because obviously the boys family felt he had a better chance to win and more of a chance to get looked at for college purposes at a school like Dyer Co. where there is lots of talent year in and year out. The kid lives in the GC area so in order for him to go to DC they would have to move to the DC area. My only thing about him playing for a team like DC is that he will not be near as quick as CJ or Rex. I'll promise you though he'll be able to shoot the lights out of the gym. I'm not quite sure if he is done growing yet or not but if he get's another 2 or 3 inches on him he could easily be a D1 recruit if he works hard enough which I think can happen.

yankees, I'm not sure if he does play AAU which I honestly don't think he does but I'm not 100% definate but I'll find out. I knew about Wayne playing at SS then transferring to Bolivar. I never got to see him play while at SS but saw him play a couple times while with Bolivar. As for them looking at the future, I know that's for sure. The kid plays several sports and I honestly think his go-to sport will be basketball. The kid is also a great baseball player! I know Jr. High and High School are 2 different levels of ball but as an 8th grader this year he averaged around 32 PPG and had 1 50 point game. For any kid on any level to be doing that is very impressive. No, I'm not boosting his numbers up either. Their legit. They played in the Jr. High TNT Tournaments this year in Springfield and he scored 32 in the first game, 31 in the second game, and 23 in the championship and was double teamed in the championship by 2 kids that were just as tall as he was and he still reeled off 23 points. I'll find out for sure if he plays AAU or not and let ya know...

He will be a great addition to the team....no he may not be able to keep up with Rex and CJ....heck not many can!!!! Give him a year to work in hs and he will contribute greatly. I KNEW what you were talking about the whole time.....the "r" word is what got me /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> from previous posts!! DC will have ups and downs through the years like any other school. WE have lost players to other schools. I do admire your dedication to your team. Yankees is right AAU will help him greatly and benefit him in the long run. You know my nephew plays for a Dyersburg baseball team....more competition and better for him...and they wear the same hats D'burg's baseball team does. So guess what....I'll wear black and gold to support him!!! Ironic isn't it!!!!!