2-5A Why so quiet

HornedOwl

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farragut is going to be down this year since Sterling is gone.

I wish you were right 3Knocks, but their freshmen and JV teams have been really good lately. They're really tough up front on offense. They have another running back, I'm not sure what number he is, but he was a junior or sophomore last year. He may not be as good as Sterling, but he was the fastest player on the field when we played them last year period.

I don't think William Blount will be nearly as good as last year. I'm not saying they won't be good, but they won't be AS good. It may not affect their record much though because I believe the entire region will be down this year.

Ooltewah is interesting. They've had incredible athletes the last two years. After seeing their kids in warmups, I don't know how anyone beat them. I don't know why it didn't translate into the game.

McMinn is always scary. There are so many athletes there every year it seems. I think the new coaches did a great job last year modernizing McMinn's game, and after a year or two in their system, McMinn is going to be very tough to beat.

I hate to say it, but Oak Ridge is way down from what I'm hearing around town and what I've seen in JV and Freshmen games.

Does anyone know what's up Soddy? I'm guessing they hired a new coach, but I missed his name.

Bradley is a complete unknown to me.

Heritage seems to be coached well, but they just don't have the horses to run in this region.

So, my predictions (for what they're worth haha) are:

1. Farragut

2. William Blount (DEFENSE)

3. Ooltewah (if they play as a team, they will be #2 or #1)

4. McMinn County (if I had any guts, I'd make them #2)

5. Oak Ridge (it kills me to say this, but I'm going with my head on this, not my heart)

6. Bradley (unknown, but they seem to be getting better under new staff)

7. Soddy-Daisy (no idea about them - new coach?)

7. Heritage

A little while back I didn't think this region was very tough, but with the addition of Meadows, Farragut getting out of the 1980s, Benny Monroe at Ooltewah and the athletes they're getting, and the coaches at McMinn, it has become a struggle to make the playoffs. Normally the top four teams in this region are some of the best in the state. I'm glad it's this way though. It makes it fun to watch. They have a name for this region aside from 2-5A, but I can't remember what it is. Can someone help me out?

TVAC. (TN Valley Athletic Conference). I think McMinn will be in that top 2 or 3. they were relatively young last year with the exception of their QB. I predict Ooltewah to be back in the top 2 based on the returning starters they have. Farragut will have to do more work to win this year, but they got some good rising players to keep them at the top of the region. I don't know much about WB other than they get Garner back, but i think they'll be in the playoffs. OR is down again so they could be fighting to make the postseason. Soddy, Bradley, and Heritage are always a mystery to me so I don't think they'll compete in '08. Its unfortunate for Soddy because they were one of the biggest and strongest teams in the region three or four years ago.

The owl hollow prediction, no particular order

The owls bring most of there starting team back this year. #1 next year

Farragut, just a guess but should be near the top.

Blount lost 26 seniors and they will will be back on top? don't think so.

McMinn lost all there fire power with the QB gone.

Bradley, played mostly sophmores and Juniors last year, should be improved

Oak Ridge, not hearing good things. The reactor may be shut down for repairs

Soddy, new coach and transfer running back from one of those inner city schools.

Heritage, you just never know about that team, How many did they graduate.

With a year under his belt, I think Brady Reed is going to mature into the QB the Owls need to put them back into the #1 spot. Especially if they can do away with all the off field distractions. Farragut always seems to have a lot of talent will give them a run, boy was I glad to see Sterling graduate. I thought Blount was the best coached team we faced last year; however, graduating 26 seniors always hurts so look for them to be down the first half of the season. After that look out. Oak Ridge has the talent, but are they facing the problems the Owls faced last year with too much off field distractions? Time will tell. We always seem to play McMinn early but they are always tough. The other 3 who knows. I hope Soddy's new coach will bring them back. As is often stated on this board to be the best you have to play the best, so here is to hoping we have a strong 2-5A conference. Early season prediction, no one goes undefeated in region play.

1. Ooltewah

2. Farragut

3. William Blount

4. McMinn

5. Oak Ridges

6. Soddy-Daisey

7. Heritage

8. Bradley Central

Alright "Owlfanatic"

It's time for you to share your thoughts.... I know your lurking out there somewhere.... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

As far as how the region will shake out... "Beats the Heck out of Me...." I just know I'm looking forward to it... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

tpoole12

Owls need a qb,but will be tough anyway.(they will run the football unmercifully).bradley,soddy will be alot better. billy blunt will be down(lost to many).farragut will be decent,but it will be tough going without sterling.heritage will be alittle better,but not a factor.mccinn will be competive,but lost thier offense(qb).oak ridge to many problems,I think,but may surprise some people. Ooltewah..Farragut..Mcminn..soddy..oak ridge..blunt..bradley..heritage still somebody will surprise everybody(mcminn last year),it will be fun as always. Good luck to everyone!!