New Coffee County coach

PEARLBALL

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to believe that a 5A school that has some tradition hasn't attracted BIGGER names than Jr high coaches.

Rumor was they did but couldn't close the deal. Coffee used to be a great and well respected program. Years of neglect has caused it to be overlooked and now starting to falling the Smith County, Warren County realm. Maybe the posters were right who said those schools need to drop a classification. This poster does not think so but it needs some enthusiasm built up within the school and more coaches will apply. Got to show them you mean business. However could be the wrong time and the wrong year.

I have heard the three candidates are Rece Chumbley from the middle school, David Muckle from westwood jr high, and Jana Williams from Memphis. Does anyone know anything about their coaching experience?

Reece chumbley would be the best for the job. He was an assistant at Shelbyville Central High School and coached at Nashville Christian. Muckle's not stable enough moving from school to school. And the other girl from memphis, who knows I dont.

Reece chumbley would be the best for the job. He was an assistant at Shelbyville Central High School and coached at Nashville Christian. Muckle's not stable enough moving from school to school. And the other girl from memphis, who knows I dont.

Oh that smell. No it's not the landfill, it's home cookin and the scent is getting stronger by the day.

Oh that smell. No it's not the landfill, it's home cookin and the scent is getting stronger by the day.

No homecookin, just think about it.. if chumbley gets it its like two for one. His wife Allison played on the 93 championship team and would bring her knowledge and passion to the team as well. Home cookin............ HA

No homecookin, just think about it.. if chumbley gets it its like two for one. His wife Allison played on the 93 championship team and would bring her knowledge and passion to the team as well. Home cookin............ HA

You just proved my point. Why don't you just go ahead and say it. You want the coaches wife, not the coach. If this applicant was from out of town and we had never heard of him, his application would have been thrown in the trash. Just think about this, from what we have heard he has coached a single A private school for a couple of years and she has never coached at all. Good players or ex player's husbands don't always make good coaches . We may find him to be the greatest coach ever to grace Coffee County, but the resume at this point is weak. So yes...home cooking IT IS.

You just proved my point. Why don't you just go ahead and say it. You want the coaches wife, not the coach. If this applicant was from out of town and we had never heard of him, his application would have been thrown in the trash. Just think about this, from what we have heard he has coached a single A private school for a couple of years and she has never coached at all. Good players or ex player's husbands don't always make good coaches . We may find him to be the greatest coach ever to grace Coffee County, but the resume at this point is weak. So yes...home cooking IT IS.

U wrong pal, i don't want the coaches wife but she would be a great assistant coach don't ya think

AMEN ON BOTH COACHES!!!!!!!!!! THATS ALL THAT NEEDS TO BE SAID. OUR WHOLE BASKETBALL PROGRAMS ARE A JOKE.

Well tell us funman, who do think they should hire?

U wrong pal, i don't want the coaches wife but she would be a great assistant coach don't ya think

She probably would. BUT, we aren't looking for an assistant. We are looking for a head coach. I am sorry, but hiring someone with little experience because their wife would be a good assistant makes as much sense as buying life insurance for a dead man.

I am new to Coach T, but as I was reading this message board there is some false information being genereated so I thought I would at least give all of you the correct info.

Whoever said that Jana Williams is from Memphis is incorrect. She is a native Nashvillian. She was a graduate assistnt coach at MTSU a long time ago. Her experience is at the college level. She was an assistannt coach at the NCAA Division I level, and head coach at the Junior College and NAIA DIvision I level. I watched her coach when she was at Martin Methodist College and she turned that program around in 3 years. They went from bottom of the conference to winning the Eastern Division championship her 3rd year. Her ties to Coffee County are to Dale Alsup. She is a Belmont graduate and a member of their Athletic Hall of Fame. She still stands in the top 10 in many of their record books.

Very intense coach...doesn't have the temper that M.D. had, but knows the game and would bring something special to CC.

From what I understand Muckle has never been happy anywhere he has been. Maybe he hasn't found the right place.

As for the other candidates, I have no idea. Thanks.

I am new to Coach T, but as I was reading this message board there is some false information being genereated so I thought I would at least give all of you the correct info.

Whoever said that Jana Williams is from Memphis is incorrect. She is a native Nashvillian. She was a graduate assistnt coach at MTSU a long time ago. Her experience is at the college level. She was an assistannt coach at the NCAA Division I level, and head coach at the Junior College and NAIA DIvision I level. I watched her coach when she was at Martin Methodist College and she turned that program around in 3 years. They went from bottom of the conference to winning the Eastern Division championship her 3rd year. Her ties to Coffee County are to Dale Alsup. She is a Belmont graduate and a member of their Athletic Hall of Fame. She still stands in the top 10 in many of their record books.

Very intense coach...doesn't have the temper that M.D. had, but knows the game and would bring something special to CC.

From what I understand Muckle has never been happy anywhere he has been. Maybe he hasn't found the right place.

As for the other candidates, I have no idea. Thanks.

That is impressive. Thank you for the info. Where is she working at this time?