RIVERDALE LADY WARRIORS

riverdaleman

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nolan...unless he asks me but i usually let him make that decsion lol just kidding

While some posts are in jest, filling the Riverdale position with a capable person will be an extremely important assignment to the principal at Riverdale for a number of reasons. The girls program looked to be better than breaking even in attendance the past three years even though this past year attendance at the girls game was a little down. This coming year, imo, will be a good year attendance wise. With all deference to Coach Burt, he was not only a good Coach but RD lost a very good promoter of sports for the Athletic Department. That will be hard to fill from someone coming in new unless someone with a track record can be found. Maintaining basketball attendance in both girls and boys means someone with the dynamics and the work ethic of Coach Burt. Hiring a combination Coach/AD is likely to be very difficult. Maybe the Athletic Director has already been decided. If a very good ladies basketball Coach is not found and attendance does drop, look for it to get in to football revenue. What is fortunate about Riverdale, they have a very good if not excellent support group for athletics, RiverDaleMan being one of them.

So it is interesting how the pendelum swings as Riverdale has lost an AD, girls basketball and volleyball coach although the girls VB coach may have already been filled. One can now look at the recent situation in 7AAA with Coach Brown at Lebanon, a great promoter and mover and shaker at Lebanon High School, and his move to Wilson High School as quickly as he did, to see how important that was.

All four of the High Schools in the Boro are built on great promotion and the community requires it. The community is great supporters as are the High Schools. Every Principal is a top notch Principal and knows what is required. Look for Riverdale to put out a heavy search for these replacements but it will be difficult.

i saw nolan last night and he told me that the new coach was gonna be....just kidding he didnt know yet lol but i did learn of a few appplicants but i am not at liberty to say i did hear about wiley but that was from a smyrna person and not from a riverdale person so there could be some truth to that i do not know but another coach i have heard about currently has a team so i dont want to say anything for that reason...i also talked to one of our former assistant coaches and she said she new of one person that had interviewed and about 2 others that had put in for it so there is some intrest and activity and i am sure nolan will make a great hire

GO WARRIORS

While some posts are in jest, filling the Riverdale position with a capable person will be an extremely important assignment to the principal at Riverdale for a number of reasons. The girls program looked to be better than breaking even in attendance the past three years even though this past year attendance at the girls game was a little down. This coming year, imo, will be a good year attendance wise. With all deference to Coach Burt, he was not only a good Coach but RD lost a very good promoter of sports for the Athletic Department. That will be hard to fill from someone coming in new unless someone with a track record can be found. Maintaining basketball attendance in both girls and boys means someone with the dynamics and the work ethic of Coach Burt. Hiring a combination Coach/AD is likely to be very difficult. Maybe the Athletic Director has already been decided. If a very good ladies basketball Coach is not found and attendance does drop, look for it to get in to football revenue. What is fortunate about Riverdale, they have a very good if not excellent support group for athletics, RiverDaleMan being one of them.

So it is interesting how the pendelum swings as Riverdale has lost an AD, girls basketball and volleyball coach although the girls VB coach may have already been filled. One can now look at the recent situation in 7AAA with Coach Brown at Lebanon, a great promoter and mover and shaker at Lebanon High School, and his move to Wilson High School as quickly as he did, to see how important that was.

All four of the High Schools in the Boro are built on great promotion and the community requires it. The community is great supporters as are the High Schools. Every Principal is a top notch Principal and knows what is required. Look for Riverdale to put out a heavy search for these replacements but it will be difficult.

Is the former Riverdale coach interested in coaching again. If so, I hope he has heard about the Ryan job, I believe they are looking for a new head girls coach. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Is the former Riverdale coach interested in coaching again. If so, I hope he has heard about the Ryan job, I believe they are looking for a new head girls coach. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

are you talking about coach Short?...he has retired all together now i dont believe he is even teaching anymore