RIVERDALE LADY WARRIORS

riverdaleman

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know how strong you can consider her but considering she played at Riverdale and played D-1 basketball she should have some knowledge not to mention she worked under one of the best middle school girls coaches in Rutherford Co.

well...i know how i feel about her i love her she is a great girl and if we were lucky enough to get her i think that would be AWESOME but i was asking what other people thought...i am a little biased though hence the name RIVERDALEMAN LOL

Krystal is a great girl and she will do a great job with the girls she has been under 2 very good coaches in burt and insell so i know she is going to have the knowledge to do the job...do you think sheis really looking to come to RIVERDALE?

GO LADY WARRIORS

well...i know how i feel about her i love her she is a great girl and if we were lucky enough to get her i think that would be AWESOME but i was asking what other people thought...i am a little biased though hence the name RIVERDALEMAN LOL

Krystal is a great girl and she will do a great job with the girls she has been under 2 very good coaches in burt and insell so i know she is going to have the knowledge to do the job...do you think sheis really looking to come to RIVERDALE?

GO LADY WARRIORS

Here is what I do know. She teaches at Blackman Middle School. She has made it very clear that she doesn't want to teach at the high school level. She doesn't even have her high school certification. If she takes the Riverdale job (thats if she has been offered it) don't you think it would be a major conflict of interest for her to teach at Blackman Middle School and coach at Riverdale high school?

Here is what I do know. She teaches at Blackman Middle School. She has made it very clear that she doesn't want to teach at the high school level. She doesn't even have her high school certification. If she takes the Riverdale job (thats if she has been offered it) don't you think it would be a major conflict of interest for her to teach at Blackman Middle School and coach at Riverdale high school?

ummmmm NO it is not uncommon for a coach to teach at one school and go to another one to coach in fact when coach messer came back to RIVERDALE...THERE WERE NO TEACHING POSITIONS AT RIVERDALE so he taught at christianna for one year..so there would be no conflict of intrest blackman middle is middle scholl and RIVERDALE is high school

ummmmm NO it is not uncommon for a coach to teach at one school and go to another one to coach in fact when coach messer came back to RIVERDALE...THERE WERE NO TEACHING POSITIONS AT RIVERDALE so he taught at christianna for one year..so there would be no conflict of intrest blackman middle is middle scholl and RIVERDALE is high school

Messer has a high school certificatio and Tom knew he cold get him in there the next year. Krystal doesn't have that and nor does she want it. Plus, Christiana feeds into Riverdale so of course it would not be a conflict of interest. The Blackman middle school administration is not happy about this and nor would I be. She has been advised by certain people that she should either go back and get her high school certification (which she said she does not want) or to find another middle school. If you think that it is not a conflict of interest, then I respect that since I asked for your thoughts. However, how many teachers has Tom Nolan hired at Riverdale that he has allowed to coach at another middle or high school that feeds into a cross town rival?

Messer has a high school certificatio and Tom knew he cold get him in there the next year. Krystal doesn't have that and nor does she want it. Plus, Christiana feeds into Riverdale so of course it would not be a conflict of interest. The Blackman middle school administration is not happy about this and nor would I be. She has been advised by certain people that she should either go back and get her high school certification (which she said she does not want) or to find another middle school. If you think that it is not a conflict of interest, then I respect that since I asked for your thoughts. However, how many teachers has Tom Nolan hired at Riverdale that he has allowed to coach at another middle or high school that feeds into a cross town rival?

i think it is middle school vs high school i dont think it matters...it is unusual for someon to teach high school and coahc middle school it is not unusual the other way around...i believe that chrisitanna baseball has a coach that is from wilson elementary which feeds siegel and oakland is that a conflict?...there has been staff at central and other middle schools go to the high schools and help out for years and it will continue to go on i do not know if krystal is one that will be doing this as all of this is speculation but if the middle school is going to fire her from her teaching job(which is what she gets paid to do )then that is their right as she is not tenured but i have a guess that rackvale middle and christianna middle and maybe even central middle just might have a job opening for her so dont think that blackman middle is the only place she can get ajob without going to the high school level

WHILE I believe she would be a great asset i do not know what her intrest is or if there has been intrest on coach maxwells part(looking forward to meeting her)in her coming here so calm down and relax you are fired u about somthing that hasnt happened yet so let the chips fall where they may

GO LADY WARRIORS

Thats your opionion and I have my opinion and everyone else has theirs. However, I don't need you telling me to calm down and relax about me voicing my opinion as well as asking you a question about how many teachers Tom Nolan has hired to teach at Riverdale and coach at another middle school. You need to make sure you know the intent behind a question before you start telling people to calm down (all you have to do is ask what I meant by that). It seems from your posts (which is very frequently on coach T) that you have no problem stating your opinion on these forums. If you have a problem with someone that differs from your opinion then stay off these forums because you will run across people that don't always agree with you.

Second, no one ever said that Krystal was going to be fired. I stated that the administration was not happy with her (not that they are going to fire her) nor would I be and that certain people (which doesn't necessarily mean the administration) are advising her to go back and get her high school certification or find another middle school (meaning: transfer) if she is wanting to coach high basketball at Riverdale.

Don't take things out of context, RIVERDALE MAN.

Thats your opionion and I have my opinion and everyone else has theirs. However, I don't need you telling me to calm down and relax about me voicing my opinion as well as asking you a question about how many teachers Tom Nolan has hired to teach at Riverdale and coach at another middle school. You need to make sure you know the intent behind a question before you start telling people to calm down (all you have to do is ask what I meant by that). It seems from your posts (which is very frequently on coach T) that you have no problem stating your opinion on these forums. If you have a problem with someone that differs from your opinion then stay off these forums because you will run across people that don't always agree with you.

Second, no one ever said that Krystal was going to be fired. I stated that the administration was not happy with her (not that they are going to fire her) nor would I be and that certain people (which doesn't necessarily mean the administration) are advising her to go back and get her high school certification or find another middle school (meaning: transfer) if she is wanting to coach high basketball at Riverdale.

Don't take things out of context, RIVERDALE MAN.

all i was saying calm down to was you worrying about her leaving and not your opinion i respect your opinion and your opinion has merit while we may not agree we both have merit in our opinion...my comment on calming down was about being upset that she is leaving and we are just talking about the possiblity of it i havent spoken with krystal nor coach maxwell to know if there is intrest on either part that is all i was calming down about...

ok explain what you mean abobut noaln hiring someone to coach middle school and teach at riverdale what i said was i know a middle hired a teacher and he coached at middle school i know of a few football and baseball coaches that have done that and all i said was that is not that uncommon...its been going on for a long time HECK after his brotherken nolan got fired at oakland he taught at oakland and then came and coached fooball at RIVERDALE so it has gone on for a long time

while you may not have come out and said she would be fired the reality is that hse is not tenured and she can be let go and nothing that she could do about it (although i think that time has passed for next year)and in the same paragraph you said that adminstration is telling her to find another middle school

FINALLY please bring your opinions as i always respect them that is what makes the board fun if we all agreed on anything the boards wouldnt survive would they...cant wait for you rebuttle

Sorry but I never stated that the Blackman administration is telling her to find another middle school. That is no where in my posts unless I misread them. Here is the quote from the first post

"The Blackman middle school administration is not happy about this and nor would I be. She has been advised by certain people that she should either go back and get her high school certification (which she said she does not want) or to find another middle school"

I stated that she has been advised by certain people, I did not say administration. I stated the administration was not happy with her.

I am aware that it has been going on for a while (coaching at other schools). I am aware of the different coaches who have coached at different places. However, that doesn't necessarily make it right regardless of how long it has been going on.

Sorry, but me worried abot her leaving is not what I am worried about. I apologize for making it sound that way. There are plenty of good teachers out there and coaches that can step right in and take her position. My opinion was more about the situation not about her possibly leaving Blackman. I would argue this same point about anybody else. BUT, it is just an opinion!

My question about Nolan was intended on getting some prospective input from you on how Nolan would handle the same situation the principal at Blackman middle is dealing with in the Krystal Horton situation. It was not intended on saying that Nolan or Riverdale does things through the "Backdoor". I had no issue with you. I completely understnad that everyone has an opinion and that it is not always going to be the same as mine That is the reason I was asking for input from you. I like to heart other peoples thoughts even though I may not agree with it

i wish i could answer how nolan would handle that situation but like i said it is not common for a coach to teach at high school and teach at middle school level if they were good enough nolan would put him on their staff...but coaching in high school and teaching in middle school are 2 different things...if a middle school teacher gets a chance at the high school level i dont see too many principal getting upset about that we had a gu that was gonna help our baseball team in high school but he got a job at blackman...even though he wanted to turn that job down and honor his commitment to RIVERDALE our coaches told him he needs to take that job...so he did while he was a great asset to our coaching staff it was right for him to go somewhere that was a great opportunity for him...and i think in Krystals case IF COACH MAXWELL IS INDEED wanting her to caoch at RIVERDALE is a great opportunity for her ...think about it she is only 1 year out of college and she has a chance to coach at the high school level..that is a great opportunity for her in her young career...and that is how i look at it ...