Hardin Valley Academy hires coach

Indian

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.tfponline.com/news/2008/mar/28/...alloway-couple/

Sounds like this will be a 5A football school when it gets going, 1100 to start in just three grades. Is it a private school or did they just prefer the name academy.

Public School.

I find it odd that they went outside the system to hire an assistant coach. Plenty of qualified assistants in the system already some who have head coaching experience. Wasn't anyone in the system interested. Or was it just another botched hire by the administration. Only time will tell.

• 2 weeks later...

Public School.

I find it odd that they went outside the system to hire an assistant coach. Plenty of qualified assistants in the system already some who have head coaching experience. Wasn't anyone in the system interested. Or was it just another botched hire by the administration. Only time will tell.

Reading the article, it looks like the girls coach may be a real find. The boys coach, on the other hand, can't be the most qualified that applied. Hardin Valley will be in 3AAA or 4AAA - very tough districts. I sure would have hired a very seasoned coach or one with experience in the Region or a tougher one (not Cleveland's) to develop a new program.

Then you don't know anything about the new coach. It is a good thing they they hired Keith Galloway, cause they got a good one. Give him some time and you will see that he does know what he is doing.

His wife is a good coach and was a great player in high school and college. Keith wasn't too bad either.

Sometimes the best thing to do is to go outside the system to shake things up a little.

Then you don't know anything about the new coach. It is a good thing they they hired Keith Galloway, cause they got a good one. Give him some time and you will see that he does know what he is doing.

His wife is a good coach and was a great player in high school and college. Keith wasn't too bad either.

Sometimes the best thing to do is to go outside the system to shake things up a little.

He may be o.k. in time but I can guarantee you he wasn't the most qualified applicant from a basketball coaching point or experience as a head coach. I don't have a problem shaking things up a little but you still need to hire the best applicant. I hate to see loyal employees of Knox Co. schools be passed over when they are more qualified. Of course the board did the same thing in hiring a superintendent.

He may be o.k. in time but I can guarantee you he wasn't the most qualified applicant from a basketball coaching point or experience as a head coach. I don't have a problem shaking things up a little but you still need to hire the best applicant. I hate to see loyal employees of Knox Co. schools be passed over when they are more qualified. Of course the board did the same thing in hiring a superintendent.

I agree with you, totally. I have the same feeling, about the football coach too. I think the Galloway's and Coach Jones will do a sufficent job. But, not the best "Men" for the job. There were more mature and seasoned coach's apply for the Basketball and Football, HC jobs.

Jeff Hash, the wrestling coach, is the only hire that they nailed right on the head.

• 3 months later...

Believe it or not, some coaching decisions are made based on teaching positions. I know it is hard for some of you out there in CoachT land that the first responsibility the school has is to educate the students. So hires more than likely are a best fit for all involved situations.

SportsFan115 OUT!

Unfortunately, Knox County is perhaps more political than the rural surrounding counties. Wins and losses are okay but favoring someone is much better. I hope the gamble works out but my money is on a coaching change sometime near. That is how government works. Having a teaching spot is cool but a winning coach is better.I dont know that is what happened here but most all coaches I know are miffed by the recent choices for Hardin Valley

Cool, I hope KINGBRIAN reads this and figures out that yes I am alive and still doin hoops in East Tenessee. One day he will appear in my gym when I am there and I will tell him who I am but as long as he stays in MORGAN COUNTY, I doubt it. If Central keeps it up, Maybe in Murfreesboro.

Unfortunately, Knox County is perhaps more political than the rural surrounding counties. Wins and losses are okay but favoring someone is much better. I hope the gamble works out but my money is on a coaching change sometime near. That is how government works. Having a teaching spot is cool but a winning coach is better.I dont know that is what happened here but most all coaches I know are miffed by the recent choices for Hardin Valley

Cool, I hope KINGBRIAN reads this and figures out that yes I am alive and still doin hoops in East Tenessee. One day he will appear in my gym when I am there and I will tell him who I am but as long as he stays in MORGAN COUNTY, I doubt it. If Central keeps it up, Maybe in Murfreesboro.

This isn't college.... most high schools in Tennessee don't have the luxury of having coaches that do nothing but coach. What most people don't understand is that for a hire to take place three things have to fall in place... 1) there must be an open coaching position, 2) there must be an open teaching position, and 3) a coaching candidate must be certified to teach in the open position.

Coach Galloway is a good guy and, given the opportunity, will be a very good coach. He comes from a great family and basketball is in his genes.... What needs to happen is for the fans to get behind him, and the other coaches that have been hired, and give them their total support. They haven't even had their first official practices yet and you guys are ready to write them off. Sounds to me like some of you have sour grapes because you didn't get the job.....