Dist. 4-A How are things looking ?

REDHOTZ13DAD

My fault doughb110, you are right, the game did end on a pop-up and a catch by Andrea Foster. This tournament is far from being over, and you can bet your last dollar that OS wil come back with a vengance and try and win it all. I don't think many have given Coalfield much of a chance all year to be a contender in this district with all the young kids they have, but I think they might have made a believer out of some last night. Who knows, they just might be peaking at the right time. GOOD LUCK LADY JACKETS !!!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well everyone has given coalfield a chance this year.... and everyone knows that its gonna be oliver springs and coalfield in the championship game. Thats not even a question. It was no big surprise to the lady bobcats that they lost last night. It was bound to come I'm just glad it happen last night and not in the championship that's were it really matters!!!! I think that the bobcats can beat coalfield tonight. There ready!! Also,, the more kim pitches the better she gets. so they will be fired up after the wartburg. I can't wait to watch the game tonight!!!

Good Luck Lady Cats!!!

when it comes to teams playing in the dist. tournament they all steep it up, so any team can win. It comes down to ho wants it the most so don't count any team out. I hope that both teams that make it out of the dist. go far so good luck and ladies and play hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently they all play hard except Oneida. Most of those girls act like they could care less. I also heard that the older girls wanted to loose because they had "better things to do". Seriously..... apparently the older ones while meeting at pitchers mound commented "don't try to win". Not taking anything away from Wartburg because those girls WANTED to win and deserved it. Go Lady Dogs ! Oneida girls were laughing when they missed balls and everything. Apparently it doesn't matter to their coach because there was no disiplinary action taken and I know he saw it because he yelled at them. He soulda put those girls on the bench in. Someone needs to get control. I would be ashamed to have them represent my school. If you are going to loose at least let it be players that want to be there.

What an unreal "Championship" game between OS and Coalfield. 12 innings of some of the best High School softball that could be played. Congradulations to the Coalfield Lady Jackets. This team is very young and has a very bright future ahead for some time to come. Lindsey Fadnek had 19 K's in the win. The offense was lead by Andrea Foster with a huge hit to the left field fence to end the game 3-2 Coalfield. Kim Hall pitched two remarkable games back to back with a total of 19 innings and 24 K's between the two games.

Coalfield will now host Rockwood on Monday @ 6:00pm and OS travels to Midway.

"GO LADY JACKETS"

Way to go Coalfield Lady Jackets. You gals are a great team and will be for years to come. Such an accomplishment for such a young pitcher too. Congrats young lady.

Who all from the team made all-tournament or do they even have one? /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Coalfield leads Rockwood 2-1 in the 7th inning in Region play.

Rockwood just tied it with a bases loaded bunt hit with two outs in the top of the seventh. It's now 2-2, with Coalfield coming to bat in the bottom of the 7th.

Neither team scored in the eighth. Going to the top of the ninth still tied 2-2.

Heading to the top of the tenth still knotted at 2-2.

International tie-breaker took over and Rockwood pushed across a run in the top of the 10th to take a 3-2 lead. Coalfield coming to bat in the home half of the inning.

Coalfield wins it with a pair of runs in the bottom of the tenth! I believe that Lindsey Fadnek and Andrea Foster drove in the tying and winning runs. Congratulations Lady Jackets!

Someone let us know who and when Coalfield plays in the regional finals!!!

Another great game by the "Lady Jackets" on Monday night. Rockwood really came to play ball and they put it all on the line. For the second straight game the 8th grade catcher Andrea Foster came through with a big hit in the 10th inning to get another win for the Lady Jackets. Lindsey Fadnek had 17 K's in the game to bring her total for the year to 267 K's in 24 games. Coalfield had several key catches in the game to keep Rockwood from scoring on some bomb hits by Amber Cofer. Coalfield had a very difficult time with Amber on defense as well, catching everything that came her way. In my opinion Amber is the best 3rd baseman you will find.

Coalfield will play at Midway on Wednesday @ 5:00pm "GO LADY JACKETS"