Oak Ridge streak in trouble

yellowdog

Guest scottymac8

it is sad for the person who says oak ridges streak is in trouble. it is 2002. we still have quite a few chances. and with strong senior leadership and a good talent pool from the younger classes oak ridge will be competing for a state championship the next 3 years for sure and knowing the oak ridge tradition they will be competing for years after that

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest scottymac8

it is sad for the person who says oak ridges streak is in trouble. it is 2002. we still have quite a few chances. and with strong senior leadership and a good talent pool from the younger classes oak ridge will be competing for a state championship the next 3 years for sure and knowing the oak ridge tradition they will be competing for years after that

I am with belle. If some of u get your butts off the computer and go to the weight room and the practice field you would change your mind. You have 100 kids out to play one sport. You can not focuse all of your attention on some of your players to work-out and get ready for the up coming season. Some of the starters don't work out hard and they get punish for that and that is what a lot of players don't like. The like to play but don't like to work at it on the off season. The off season is the most important part. Lussier can not go out there and do it for them they have to want it there selfs. So don't down him all the way. Get your kids and push them if you want the program to grow. In 2000 season we made it to the play-offs cause we worked at it. This year will be the same as 2000 because the seniors are working harder then last years seniors. Get ready for a great year in Oak Ridge.

SirPettus....Oak Ridge used to have 100+ kids out for one sport like you said in your last post...I think 60 is more like it now.

Bruce has always used the WEAK comment "I can't go out there and do it for them".....1] He is right he couldn't go out there and do it for them 'cause he CAN"T. 2] He doesn't seem to get the kids ready to go out there and do it either.

3] I have seen players work out the off season and they still didn't play.

By the way I heard you went to a Bruce Lussier appreciation party!..... Then... when no one else showed up, the two of you had a great time talking about the old days.

[Edited by simocleo on 8/2/02 1:21A]

ohreally, I think we can all agree you don't give up on these kids. Successfull coaches don't give up on them. They create a positive atmosphere where the kids feel wanted, needed, and inspired to be part of something special. Most programs may lose one or two every couple of years but I have never seen anything like Oak Ridge is experienceing ever.......... It is total negligence.

Simocleo....I get along with a lot of people. Me and Bruce see eye to eye. He respect me and I do the same to him. I never went to a party of his. I don't smile in people face then talk about them behind there back. If I like someone I like them. Most of the things he do is right and somethings are wrong. Everyone makes mistakes. I am having a party if you would like to come and it could be a one on one party.

On a previous post you indicated that you are in college. Have you taken any English classes? If so, please go back and correct your spelling and grammar on your previous posts. Then the posts might read as if someone intelligent is supporting Lussier (which I don't think anyone believes).

Your senior year was the beginning of the end in Oak Ridge. After so much tough talk about discipline, Lussier went to the administration before the regular season game against Kingsport D-B to request that a certain freshman not be suspended for skipping class until the following week (Campbell County game). You guys went to D-B, played your hearts out, and won against a team with more talent.

However, much more was lost than won. The freshman only had to miss the first half of the Campbell County game and learned that exceptions to the rules would be made for him. All of Lussier's talk about implementing stricter rules than Gaddis went out the window for a non-region, regular season game. Things have been cycling downward since that time.