Brandon Tarr

BigG

Couldn't disagree with you more! Brandon lost an opportunity to grow-up a little, BigG lost the opportunity to be a coach and teacher, CAK and BigG lost a lot of credibility.

my question is this would any other player at CAK that decided not to play this year be afforded the same opportunity i would say not G i would have to say this is wrong from a team stand point but i understand a national team player on your highschool team is hard to turn away no matter what and of course the team is going to vote him on whats your record 2-2-1 they see the writing on the wall without him they cannot win state but with him they have a good shot but i think Catholic will be a force this year

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I could not disagree with you more. How can you judge what you and others, myself included, when we don't have all the facts. And for that fact do not need the facts on. I don't have a dog in the hunt here...as I suspect you don't either. How do we know that Big G lost an opportunity to be a coach and teacher? Do you have the information and know everything that went into this? Not anymore than me I would suspect. I think it is highly insulting for anyone to say Big G lost credibility here.....when they don't have a clue as to what all went into this decision.

Couldn't disagree with you more! Brandon lost an opportunity to grow-up a little, BigG lost the opportunity to be a coach and teacher, CAK and BigG lost a lot of credibility.

Brandon only plays when he wants to play. No loyalty. Ask his ODP teamates who he stiffed in the National Championships.

i have heard that story before and that one is messed up to i believe G has set a new standard for his program brandon tarr is the roger clemons of highscool soccer sad to say but true i will send my support for webster at bearden and carter's sherrod they show up to play every night and are there for the whole season with their team this is a sad day in tn highschool soccer when one kid is made out to be more important than the team concept

i have heard that story before and that one is messed up to i believe G has set a new standard for his program brandon tarr is the roger clemons of highscool soccer sad to say but true i will send my support for webster at bearden and carter's sherrod they show up to play every night and are there for the whole season with their team this is a sad day in tn highschool soccer when one kid is made out to be more important than the team concept

Sorry you feel this way, and to mad dawg as well, but I am held accountable to One higher than anyone on these threads, and am prepared to take the bashing for something I believe is the right thing to do. I would be stupid to think that there would not be grief or these types of comments with our decision, so I went into this with open eyes. Think what you will. Bash us how you will, and say that we lost something. I have been bashed before and will be bashed again... as long as I am involved in coaching, there will be tough decisions that have to be made that will end up upsetting one side or the other no matter what.

In the end, the true colors will be shown. Will Brandon step up in the second chance that he has been given, and take his role to heart? I believe that he will. I know him better than most people, and know the kind of young man he can be. Whether or not he becomes that man, is his responsibility, but one that his team mates believe he is going to do, as well. My biggest responsibilty as a coach is NOT to win games. My job is to minister to these boys every chance that I get before they leave my program, so that when they leave my program, come out the other side as better men than they were when the entered. If you truly know me, as a lot of you don't, you will know where my heart really is in this decision.

I appreciate the honesty of some of the posts, though they are hard to read, it is a necessary thing to realize the perception of your actions. I pray that you will give us the opportunity to prove ourselves to you that you are wrong.

Maybe the kid is a prima dona.....I don't know and will not pretend to know. On the surface it does seem odd...the on again and off again player situation. But after all I have read Big G post through the years and what others had said about him.....I am sure that much time and thought went into this decision. He has run a high quality program at CAK. I have been very impressed with Big G and have always thought what a great mentor he must be to his team. I just find it very sad....to judge a coach and school on one decision.

Big G, I am sure that you knew you would get some public backlash for making a tough decision. You know your players and situation where others don't. I have no doubt that you made this decision for all of the right reasons. I respect you for making a tough decision knowing you might take some heat for it. The CAK parents must feel blessed to have you mentoring their children

Your just a hater..

Its one thine to disagree like dins, and actually explain why in a respectable manner. You just bashed CAK and Brandon. And then you say they lost a lot of credibility? Did you ever have credibility? Then in your earlier post you say its about winning? Did you not read BigG's first post. This was a team thing. He just happens to be a very good player.

Easy, friend - no hatred intended, after all this is an opinion board. What I hated was Brandon's initial decision not to play. I did not "bash" CAK, BigG, or Brandon. I, like dins and others, think that there are flaws with this decision, but then again we are human and we do make mistakes, and we all have opinions, and.... Again, I've always appreciated BigG's comments and moderation of this board, and CAK's program. I stand by my comments/opinion fully - I'm disappointed....

As many of you state only the CAK??™er s have all the facts on this one. My main concern would be the precedent that is now set. What happens next year when a player(s) not of the same caliber as Tarr ???decide??? they??™re not playing, playing, not playing, playing??? Having one set of rules for the super-stars and another set for everybody else is very detrimental to team chemistry/cohesiveness. Also, the message being sent to Tarr is that the rules/standards that apply to everyone else don??™t apply to him. Will he expect the same considerations when he is at South Carolina? In the real world? Also, what about the team? G has said that the team would be better without a superstar such as Tarr who everyone relies on to win-ie, players would play better as a unit vice waiting for BT to make the big play. I??™m confused-this seems 180 out from what I would have expected. But, once again we??™re just outsiders looking in

Big G, I am sure that you knew you would get some public backlash for making a tough decision. You know your players and situation where others don't. I have no doubt that you made this decision for all of the right reasons. I respect you for making a tough decision knowing you might take some heat for it. The CAK parents must feel blessed to have you mentoring their children

I thank you sincerely (and all of those who threw support behind us/me in that decision). It does mean a great deal to me.

Even though you are prepared for backlash it doesn't make it easy, but that is the role of a coach. I have "aged" a lot over the past 5 years, and this one will add a few more grey hairs to my already growing collection, but I think that these boys are worth it. Have I always made the right decision? HECK no! Boy, do I screw up alot. But I have to trust in the Lord that I am following his will in my decisions. Only time will tell if this one was correct.

Sorry you feel this way, and to mad dawg as well, but I am held accountable to One higher than anyone on these threads, and am prepared to take the bashing for something I believe is the right thing to do. I would be stupid to think that there would not be grief or these types of comments with our decision, so I went into this with open eyes. Think what you will. Bash us how you will, and say that we lost something. I have been bashed before and will be bashed again... as long as I am involved in coaching, there will be tough decisions that have to be made that will end up upsetting one side or the other no matter what.

In the end, the true colors will be shown. Will Brandon step up in the second chance that he has been given, and take his role to heart? I believe that he will. I know him better than most people, and know the kind of young man he can be. Whether or not he becomes that man, is his responsibility, but one that his team mates believe he is going to do, as well. My biggest responsibilty as a coach is NOT to win games. My job is to minister to these boys every chance that I get before they leave my program, so that when they leave my program, come out the other side as better men than they were when the entered. If you truly know me, as a lot of you don't, you will know where my heart really is in this decision.

I appreciate the honesty of some of the posts, though they are hard to read, it is a necessary thing to realize the perception of your actions. I pray that you will give us the opportunity to prove ourselves to you that you are wrong.

Amen to that BigG! If anyone is hypocritical enough to think they know someone elses situation they should stop being pretenders. The only judgement that ultimately matters is between Brandon and God. The old "What do you do when no one else is around" quote. I commend you and your team for taking the matter seriously and understanding that at 18 Brandon is still just a boy....and boys always need guidance and direction. You guys have also shown some compassion and as Christians that is one of the many things God expects from us.

Some people on here are saying why is there different treatment for "superstars" than there is a normal player...

I dont get this at alll..personally, I know a good amount of players on CAK and i honestly think that if they had a good reason to not play and explained it to G...they could have a spot on his team in two weeks if he could explain to him and his teammates why he wanted to come back. Each player knows the door is open to there coach and team mates, and that is what a team is about. All the players on that team are GREAT friends..If you realise that your friend messed up you dont throw him out the door and say sorry, better luck next time.

I still have all the respect for G and CAK.... I would of hoped more of you would of thought this way, Just think about if one of your friends had made this decision.