Are we tired of this?

pujo

haha, nonews your wrong...Tredwell was the school I was speaking of, yet Melrose High School chose Malcolm Jones as their coach, who held the same job at Tredwell...Nexttttttt?

I think everyone on this board will admit that Melrose is a big time football school...there were scandals there, but that doesn't take anything away from their state titles, willinginess to play up, and great college athletes...that even you nonews, regardless of who you root for in college, has possibly seen your team run across, whether it be for Memphis, Arkanasas, Kentucky, Ole Miss, UT, or Bama.

[Edited by TheEgoHasLanded on 7/21/02 2:05A]

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... that Melrose hired the former Tredwell coach? How does that fact further your argument? Or are you postulating that because one is hired by Melrose one automatically either (1) IS a good coach, or (2) BECOMES a good coach because of the said hiring. Since postulate 2 is admittedly ridiculous, I must assume you were implying that the former is true. If so, exactly what did this allegedly great coach accomplish at Tredwell and what has he accomplished at Melrose (didn't we read something early in the season in regards to additional violations, suspect financial dealings, etc. regarding the Melrose team?). Finally, his very act of leaving Tredwell for a school which YOU stated has an abnormal amount of support and interest (considering it is an inner-city school) actually serves as an additional supporting point to MY premise...

... edited (as needed) at the suggestion of VG...

... and perhaps Ego, a better word to describe the support given to the Melrose team would have been "unusual"...

[Edited by nonews on 7/22/02 1:16P]

... the "8 parents" illustrate why these schools have such poor coaches, who really wants these jobs...

that is what you said

Just because one coaches at a school that does not have support from it's peers does not mean that he or she is a bad coach. I saw Jones coach his first game as they looked very horrible against a really good CBHS team, It isn't the amount of fans nonews who determine how good a coach is or isn't.

Calipari and the tigers sold out of season tickets, yet they failed to beat any team with an RPI under 50, Just because you coach at a small school, doesn't mean you are or are not a good coach, and it also does not mean you can't get a better job.

As far as me and the Melrose crowd support...the only thing "abnormal" about it, is the fact that they go and see their team play regardless of where it is played at, whether its in orange mound, the liberty bowl, cbhs, or anywhere...it was a compliment, I think it is good when a small community takes pride in their young men.

I do not think Jones was a part of the scandal you spoke of, but he most certainly could have been...but I think most of that was because of Thompson.