9AA Fans are Quiet

marcusy18

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lipscomb has clinched 1st. FRA is 2nd and Pearl Cohn is 8th. East Lit and Hume Fogg are tied for 6/7. East Lit has 3 games left, Hume Fogg has one. CPA/MLK/Ezell will be 3/4/5 in no particular order.

I believe it's going to come down to MLK and CPA battling for 3rd. MLK should finish out the season losing both games to Lipscomb and FRA and splitting with CPA. They beat Pearl Cohn yesterday 24-2 and faces them again on Friday. I'm not counting chickens before they hatch but it seems as if the next challenge from the district will be East Lit who I believe beat Hume-Fogg yesterday (8-6?). If Lipscomb beats CPA again then CPA and MLK should have the same record. Then I believe it's a coin flip since they split with each other. Ezell should take 5th, East Lit 6th, Hume Fogg 7th, and PC 8th. That right? What does that mean for play in games?

Lipscomb vs. PC

FRA vs. Hume Fogg

and then either CPA/MLK vs. East Lit

CPA/MLK vs. Ezell Harding

Any arguments?

As of today, the only thing undecided is 3/4 between MLK and CPA.

1st-Lipscomb

2nd-FRA

3rd/4th-MLK/CPA

5th-Ezell Harding

6th Hume Fogg

7th East Lit

8th Pearl Cohn

MLK plays East Lit tomorrow which should be a win for them. If it isn't then MLK is 4th. If they win, that means that it's a tie for 3rd w/ CPA and a coin flip has to be made in order to determine 3rd since the games between MLK and CPA were split 1-1. Correct?

No. 1st criteria is head to head. Then it goes to record against the #1, then #2 #3 etc. If there is still a tie, it then goes to runs allowed against each other. There are several other criteria as well before it gets to a coin flip.

Same thing happens with Hume Fogg and East Lit. If East was to beat MLK, they would be tied with HF, but East Lit would have the tie-breaker due to a win over MLK (#4) whereas Hume Fogg has beaten Ezell (#5). That is just the district by-laws.

No. 1st criteria is head to head. Then it goes to record against the #1, then #2 #3 etc. If there is still a tie, it then goes to runs allowed against each other. There are several other criteria as well before it gets to a coin flip.

Same thing happens with Hume Fogg and East Lit. If East was to beat MLK, they would be tied with HF, but East Lit would have the tie-breaker due to a win over MLK (#4) whereas Hume Fogg has beaten Ezell (#5). That is just the district by-laws.

MLK beat East Lit. I believe that makes MLK 4th in the district because of the runs allowed. They have the same record as CPA but the first game was 9-0 (CPA) and the second was 8-4 (MLK). CPA vs. Hume Fogg and MLK vs. Ezell in the play in games.