District 4A Next Year

superdaveosborne

Dang Playermom,

All season long I thought I was the coach. It's disturbing now to be informed by Oldschool that I wasn't /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> It sure looked like me on the video /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

All joking aside, we had a great year and I really don't care who gets the credit for it. The girls were determined, played hard and believed in what they were taught. We have great kids at Wartburg and that's why we are successful. It's not about proving yourself as a coach, it's about giving the girls the best chance to win possible and nobody's seeking your approval! Superdave, thanks for being fair it is refreshing....

We don't use the word rebuilding around here anymore playermom! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I suppose it's game on again with the coacht bunch picking us 4th err 5th. At least I'll have plenty to put on the locker room wall again this year!

Hey Oldschool I almost forgot I've still got plenty of that knowledge and discipline training if your interested. Oh and it's Dallas did all the coaching not Dallas done, don't worry I won't charge you for that one! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

WAR WIN......GO DOGS!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad to see you on here. Last year I watched your team play in middle school and thought man I can't wait until we play them next year.We will kill them.

You have no doubt worked hard at your craft and deserve all the respect in the world for that work. I also like to see the interaction between you and Heath Snow at the end of the game at our place (I thought it was the classiest thing I'd seen in a while). You two guys are the future of 4A and I for one think that it's going to be fun.

If the people in Wartburg had any sense they would support your program. We didn't reach our ultimate goal of a State Tourney around here but we aren't going to throw the Snow's out. Sometimes it's not anyone's fault that you get beat.

I'll still go with OS to win the district. I think they'll be better this year than last and not because of Kayla. They played a lot of girls this season and I think Chelsea Harper, Kasi Bilyeu and Hannah Raby could all help out a lot this season. Losing Barger and Howard will hurt. Barger was more of a scorer, but she may be easier to replace because OS is pretty deep on the perimeter. Bilyeu and Lively are really going to have to step it up to replace Howard's toughness inside. Bilyeu and Lively are probably better offensively, but I think both need to step it up on the defensive end. If that happens then I think OS can have a special season.

As far as everybody else, I think Coalfield could be a great team also. Jordan has the ability to take over games and they can put up a lot of points. The problem to me this year was they weren't a great defensive team and postseason basketball is about defense. If they get tougher on defense then they'll cause some problems.

As far as Wartburg, they might not go back to the state but they'll be fine. They proved everybody wrong this year and I'm sure the underdog role will fire them up again this season. And as far as the whole Dallas/Jason saga, I'm sure Jason asked Dallas (I would if I were him) for some advice this year and I'm sure Dallas obliged. There was nobody happier for Jason and the Lady 'Dogs this season than Dallas Davis. It was a situation that could have gotten ugly, but it never did and that's because they both worked together to do what was best for the players at Wartburg.

Oneida- I don't know that much about them, but does Oneida ever stay down long? Coach West and the Lady Indians will play hard every night out and they'll be peaking at tournament time.

Oakdale- Lost a lot but Pease is a scorer and they've had some really good middle school teams recently. I'd say they'll be this year's Oneida, they'll be rebuilding but they'll play too hard and they're too well-coached not to be a dangerous opponent.

Sunbright- I don't know what they'll have. I know they'll have a good freshmen class, but they'll need some leadership.

This thread is about next year.

Please keep up.

Acoording to hoop gurlz, there are 3 players from TN who are recognized as top 60 players in the Class of 2009. Jasmine Hassell, Faith Dupree, and Kamiko Wlliams....there are 16 others from TN listed in no particular order in the next 100 including Kayla, as well as Kortni Jones(OR), Jessica Goswitz(KC) locally.....

Dear jesus,

please help all the studip immature people people in this world who really like to get crap started. AMEN

First, I have spoken to Hoopgurlz and they admit the overlooking of kayla. Come on. Kayla in ranked 2 in the state based on Rick Bolus's report. Yes ahead of FAITH and JAZ and LAUREN. The only other player thats ranked ahead of her is GLORY. Until otherwise proven. Keep your dumb-a comments to yourself. AND YES.. Purple Glasses

Yeah Dumb A! KC is one of the best players I've ever seen!

With that said I think that Coalfield is much better than they are as a team. Jordan would be a force anywhere she was and if she were in a better program like O.S. or even Wartburg would be in the running for Miss Basketball her Jr. and Sr. years. Even though she's playing a style of ball that may not feed her incredible talent I still think she's able to push the Lady Jackets and Coach Hines to the top of 4A.

1. Coalfield - AJ is next and Walls provides the inside power.

2. Oliver Springs - KC is NOW and makes her team a contender each season

3. Wartburg - Armes and Fountain have a good 1-2 punch don't count em out in Feb.

4. Oneida - Good young team with solid coaching

5. Oakdale - rebuilding

6. Sunbright - They are sunbright! Why anyone would play there when they are that close to Wartburg and Oneida I'll never know!

Coalfield- should be very good next year (IF they learn to play as a team) watch them play some at end of season seems COACHES as their pets some players made to many misatakes and coach never did anything did not seem to be a very well coached.

OZ- will have to have a few players step up insteed of Kayla or it will be a long year for OZ.

Wartburg -this will be the year to see if their new coach is very good or not to many upperclass last year even Dallas might had taken them to the state.

Oneida -very good coach has young team that started playing well at end of last season.

Oakdale- very young rebuilding

Sunbright- need a better coach young but improving

OS has Christopher....Coalfield is loaded with talent but doesn't seem to have whatever it takes to make it work....Wartburg will be good next year...they have a load of talent coming in from middle school (Kelly Kidd in particular)....I watched the incoming freshman and upcoming sophmores play in spring city this past weekend....they are good and fast....Kelly Kidd has a really good quick shot that goes in 90% of the time....Ashley McPeters is really quick and her passes were always on the mark.. she had a ton of assists......they played an AAU team from Chattanooga that could not stop her...........If Davis doesn't use her at point next year and move Armes to a shooting guard which would allow her to score which we all know she can that would be a real shame.....

From what i've seen that is something that Davis should do also. I think McPeters could be very good but she has got to be much stronger as a passer. If memory serves me correctly she was a great scorer in middle school but not so good at dealing with good pressure defense. She will definately need to work at that to improve her skills to be a point guard that can lead a team as a soph.

Armes puts Davis in a bad situation she is the best PG in 4A now but could be a 18-20 ppg scorer at the 2.

The lineup could be pretty good

McPeters

Armes

????

Fountain

Freels

If they can find a good 3rd Guard they will be right there again!

McPeters must have improved - she made some unreal passes.....she broke press after press effortlessly.......no turnovers........she had at least 17-18 points....seems to be a true pointguard but this was the first I had seen her play. Regardless, good player that could play at the 2 spot too........Wartburg will be a darkhorse next year.