new coach for Independence

coloma20

not sure how she did that? she is one heck of a coach but she did have a good core group of girls. (a lot of the girls had played together since grade school. ) i think the school saw that they finally had a coach that really wanted to put that team on the map and she made it fun again. i am gonna guess she just kept every girl that wanted to play and then let them weed themselves out. i cant wait to see what she does at a school that actually has players every year and has a school system that has had success! like i said before, i will be a riverdale fan as well as a fan of any Williamson county school even though i think it will be a rough year for all schools in WC. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

This poster will share this with you. Your last sentence very likely has some bearing on this situation and this poster hopes it is not betraying any confidence. WC does one fantastic job in athletics and with the two main clubs in VB and the great work in Soccer and great football coaching, it is premier and top of the line. As you might imagine, girls basketball is not a strong point and as coaches have said, other counties, Rutherford for example, has a great deal more to offer there than Williamson with Hooptown, pride, etc. But many players from Williamson go to Hooptown if they want to and get their development there. HM knew that was the case and mentioned that and was trying to get someone to build something like Hooptown in the Cool Springs area and someone may be going to do it but she did see not having that as a stumbling block for player development as far as her profession was concerned. This poster thinks that it was even more than she anticipated. Two years ago she was looking for a post player or two for this coming year and she was having trouble finding them. Those of you who have seen her coach and those of us who have seen her develop some really great post players, know she was looking for size and she would handle the rest. But she was not getting any local help because this sport was not here and then sending to HT was the only alternative. This poster is sure her goal was a State Tournament Team and a State Tournament Win. Indy was in a mess when she got there, irregardless of who was there and this coming year was no different than then. This poster is not sure what happened but going to RD was not in the scheme of things it didn't seem but something did not mesh. Indy will get another coach and taking as long as it has this time, it will need to be a superior one with a great deal of enthusiasm. But they will need to develop a couple of asst coaches that want to coach because the field is not as full as it once was. This poster does not think they will do that.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep in mind i have never talked to coach Maxwell and at this time have only said words of congrats to her and i know nothing about the situation in indy BUT i think her intentions may have been to stay there but when the opportunity came open at RIVERDALE i am sure she looked at what was there and what was coming in the middle schools that she thought that it was a great PROFESSIONAL opportunity...so she took it keep in mind i am an outsider and of course a huge RIVERDALE fan and i think that anyone offered a job at RIVERDALE IN ANY SPORT is the BEST opportunity for any coach lol that is me with my RIVERDALE GLASSES ON LOL

Keep in mind i have never talked to coach Maxwell and at this time have only said words of congrats to her and i know nothing about the situation in indy BUT i think her intentions may have been to stay there but when the opportunity came open at RIVERDALE i am sure she looked at what was there and what was coming in the middle schools that she thought that it was a great PROFESSIONAL opportunity...so she took it keep in mind i am an outsider and of course a huge RIVERDALE fan and i think that anyone offered a job at RIVERDALE IN ANY SPORT is the BEST opportunity for any coach lol that is me with my RIVERDALE GLASSES ON LOL

RD, that's exactly what this poster thinks. It is a great professional move. The only issue has to do with when all of this happened and had her parents moved, etc and practice situations. The RDale principal had to be involved in those issues and certainly kept everyone out of trouble. Best of Luck.

ARE YOU talking about the transfers?...again an outsider looking in it is my opinion that when these kids heard their coach was leaving they talked to their parents about wanting to continue to play for her and with the parents respecting her so much and how they think their child will improve with her as a coach as opposed to not knowing the new coach or what was going to happen they decided to stick with the coach and make the move...ive always said that if my kids were stud players that i would put them in the best possible situation to help them achieve their goals for EXAMPLE my 16 year old has a dream of playing college baseball i feel that at RIVERDALE he can achieve that goal but if he were zoned say Eagleville then i would have to go somewhere else...and i feel that these girls are in that situation

ARE YOU talking about the transfers?...again an outsider looking in it is my opinion that when these kids heard their coach was leaving they talked to their parents about wanting to continue to play for her and with the parents respecting her so much and how they think their child will improve with her as a coach as opposed to not knowing the new coach or what was going to happen they decided to stick with the coach and make the move...ive always said that if my kids were stud players that i would put them in the best possible situation to help them achieve their goals for EXAMPLE my 16 year old has a dream of playing college baseball i feel that at RIVERDALE he can achieve that goal but if he were zoned say Eagleville then i would have to go somewhere else...and i feel that these girls are in that situation

This poster thinks that likely is a plausible answer and reasonable but there are rules to do those things and to make sure everything is right, which it evidently is, were all of the rules followed to make it work? The case you are making very likely will be debated but is understandable. And if the rules were followed or they were granted an exception some way, everything is clear. This poster stops at that point and hopes everything is all right with everything.

This poster didn't realize the other player was from Indy but it makes no difference. The same rules would apply and very likely was cleared somehow. The coach and principal got it worked out.

This poster thinks that likely is a plausible answer and reasonable but there are rules to do those things and to make sure everything is right, which it evidently is, were all of the rules followed to make it work? The case you are making very likely will be debated but is understandable. And if the rules were followed or they were granted an exception some way, everything is clear. This poster stops at that point and hopes everything is all right with everything.

This poster didn't realize the other player was from Indy but it makes no difference. The same rules would apply and very likely was cleared somehow. The coach and principal got it worked out.

I am sure they have moved to RIVERDALE zone i do not know that for a fact but that is all they would have to do

This poster will share this with you. Your last sentence very likely has some bearing on this situation and this poster hopes it is not betraying any confidence. WC does one fantastic job in athletics and with the two main clubs in VB and the great work in Soccer and great football coaching, it is premier and top of the line. As you might imagine, girls basketball is not a strong point and as coaches have said, other counties, Rutherford for example, has a great deal more to offer there than Williamson with Hooptown, pride, etc. But many players from Williamson go to Hooptown if they want to and get their development there. HM knew that was the case and mentioned that and was trying to get someone to build something like Hooptown in the Cool Springs area and someone may be going to do it but she did see not having that as a stumbling block for player development as far as her profession was concerned. This poster thinks that it was even more than she anticipated. Two years ago she was looking for a post player or two for this coming year and she was having trouble finding them. Those of you who have seen her coach and those of us who have seen her develop some really great post players, know she was looking for size and she would handle the rest. But she was not getting any local help because this sport was not here and then sending to HT was the only alternative. This poster is sure her goal was a State Tournament Team and a State Tournament Win. Indy was in a mess when she got there, irregardless of who was there and this coming year was no different than then. This poster is not sure what happened but going to RD was not in the scheme of things it didn't seem but something did not mesh. Indy will get another coach and taking as long as it has this time, it will need to be a superior one with a great deal of enthusiasm. But they will need to develop a couple of asst coaches that want to coach because the field is not as full as it once was. This poster does not think they will do that.

If you are EVER worried about betraying a confidence, it is better not to speak!

Just what it said. Someone who may know a lot about something should know when to shut up about it. Point made. Signing off about the subject.

Coach Maxwell went to Riverdale as both a professional, and personal move. She is a great coach, and was recruited. The unfortunate part was the timing of the move, and now the best two players from Indy following her.

The two defections are a statement of their confidence in HM, not an inditement on IHS girls basketball. Did the IHS girls basketball team get the short end of the stick? ABSOLUTELY. Next two years will be really challenging for the team and the community. From this challenge will come oppurtunity for those willing to step-up. Somewhere there is a coach ready for a challenge. We at IHS are ready to support you, just pick up the phone.

Coach Maxwell went to Riverdale as both a professional, and personal move. She is a great coach, and was recruited. The unfortunate part was the timing of the move, and now the best two players from Indy following her.

The two defections are a statement of their confidence in HM, not an inditement on IHS girls basketball. Did the IHS girls basketball team get the short end of the stick? ABSOLUTELY. Next two years will be really challenging for the team and the community. From this challenge will come oppurtunity for those willing to step-up. Somewhere there is a coach ready for a challenge. We at IHS are ready to support you, just pick up the phone.

I know of a coach that is moving in the area would love a chance to step up to the challenge. He has attempted to contact AD several times but will not return calls. It would be a great situtation for all.