Smith County Basketball

ukhoops

Don't want my input on this one...I HATE basketball...

Although...I wouldn't mind seeing Thompson back...he and Apple would be good entertainment...SCHS would lose every game cause of the technicals they would get fighting with each other on the sidelines...

Some advice...people seeking the job...now or in the future...should be very careful of what they say about the place that might give them an opportunity to coach...the wrong words in the right ears means no jobby job

Queenbee. I would like to see that too. Those 2 would be great together. I know Coach Thompson has always loved Carthage and his experience would be invaluable. It would be nice for us to see him back home in Bill Landreth Gym.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't want my input on this one...I HATE basketball...

Although...I wouldn't mind seeing Thompson back...he and Apple would be good entertainment...SCHS would lose every game cause of the technicals they would get fighting with each other on the sidelines...

Some advice...people seeking the job...now or in the future...should be very careful of what they say about the place that might give them an opportunity to coach...the wrong words in the right ears means no jobby job

Would that be the "Dream Team" Queenie? Two strong willed personalities.

Guest Termite

I think it will almost have to be Apple or Whitaker.....Whitaker was an assistant last year..(on the bench with Angel and Apple). I don't see anybody else wanting the job..(not sure Apple wants it)....and haven't hear of any body beating the door down to get it.

Dusty Whitaker seems to be a good guy...he coaches grade school and helped the high school. How much experience he has...I don't know. Kids seem to like him......I think he is from Clay Co.???

I think it will almost have to be Apple or Whitaker.....Whitaker was an assistant last year..(on the bench with Angel and Apple). I don't see anybody else wanting the job..(not sure Apple wants it)....and haven't hear of any body beating the door down to get it.

Dusty Whitaker seems to be a good guy...he coaches grade school and helped the high school. How much experience he has...I don't know. Kids seem to like him......I think he is from Clay Co.???

I believe we are going to need something more than a grade school coach. We need a Bobby McWilliams type coach. May be a nice kid but I don't see it...or Z King of Swing either.

I believe we are going to need something more than a grade school coach. We need a Bobby McWilliams type coach. May be a nice kid but I don't see it...or Z King of Swing either.

Coach Whitaker would probably do a great job as would Coach Apple. Whitaker was under Melton at LA for a year I believe and under McCoin at LA for a couple years to I believe. And I'm pretty sure Bobby McWilliams or someone like him wont be knocking on the door. With really no teaching positions open as I have been told, it will probably be someone in house to get the job unless neither of the two assistants from last year realy dont want to do it. I dont believe you have to worry about seeing me there.... Still got a year of school left and I'm probably not allowed back over after crossing to G-ville lol, just kidding. Whats wrong with me???? huh???? lol

Coach Whitaker would probably do a great job as would Coach Apple. Whitaker was under Melton at LA for a year I believe and under McCoin at LA for a couple years to I believe. And I'm pretty sure Bobby McWilliams or someone like him wont be knocking on the door. With really no teaching positions open as I have been told, it will probably be someone in house to get the job unless neither of the two assistants from last year realy dont want to do it. I dont believe you have to worry about seeing me there.... Still got a year of school left and I'm probably not allowed back over after crossing to G-ville lol, just kidding. Whats wrong with me???? huh???? lol

Your a Duke fan!!!

Your a Duke fan!!!

Coach Scott Apple has been chosen as the new head coach of SCHS. His assistant will be Dusty Whitaker. They havent announced it publicly but a few ppl and the team were told yesterday. It is official that he will take the spot as well as Coach Whit and I wish the best of luck to them and our team in the future.

Coach Scott Apple has been chosen as the new head coach of SCHS. His assistant will be Dusty Whitaker. They havent announced it publicly but a few ppl and the team were told yesterday. It is official that he will take the spot as well as Coach Whit and I wish the best of luck to them and our team in the future.

This is a great hire for the school:thumb:

this is the most perfect basketball hire sc has ever made. the redhead loves that school and he will bring a great deal of toughness to the job. just remember kid you owe the old man a game one of these days.

God help us all...Apple as head coach...now he'll expect special treatment...more than usual...cause he already thinks he's special...

I might have to go to some games now...just to watch the T's fly!!!