Smith County Basketball

ukhoops

God help us all...Apple as head coach...now he'll expect special treatment...more than usual...cause he already thinks he's special...

I might have to go to some games now...just to watch the T's fly!!!

it won't be dull up there your majesty..it won't be dull at all. shoot let's eat some shrimp!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Coach Apple and good luck in the upcoming season..... Except for two games that is /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> He will do a fine job. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Then we can put the shrimp tails in Apple's bag...let him figure out that smell!!

naw you can't get anything over on that old boy...I'm heading to Biloxi in 3 weeks what do you say I pick us up some shrimp...you can invite wingman...then i can find out who that old boy is.

naw you can't get anything over on that old boy...I'm heading to Biloxi in 3 weeks what do you say I pick us up some shrimp...you can invite wingman...then i can find out who that old boy is.

You better pick up about 40 pounds of shrimp, my favorite man!!!...Do it and we'll have a shrimp boil in Apple's honor...and yes...Wingy can come...if he promises not to wear that nasty blue kitty shirt!!!

Man its got to be 20 years or so since he coached here. That would be a stretch to see him back but it would be a great hire for the school. I thought he was out of coaching now and finishing his principal's papers.

Coach Thompson, now that's a name I haven't heard in awhile! I've got a lot of respect for him. He took time out of his schedule and filled in as baseball coach for a short time during my senior year so we could put a team on the field.

....and since we've gone back 21 years, why not go back a few more. I ran into coach Peercy several months ago at Walmart here in McMinnville. He was a little surprised to see a Smith County jacket in Warren Co.

Congratulations to Scott on his hiring. He'll do a good job for the program.

Coach Thompson, now that's a name I haven't heard in awhile! I've got a lot of respect for him. He took time out of his schedule and filled in as baseball coach for a short time during my senior year so we could put a team on the field.

....and since we've gone back 21 years, why not go back a few more. I ran into coach Peercy several months ago at Walmart here in McMinnville. He was a little surprised to see a Smith County jacket in Warren Co.

Congratulations to Scott on his hiring. He'll do a good job for the program.

Coach Thompson was a hard nosed old school coach with a heart. I think Scott is going to be the same type coach. I used to see him in Lebanon every now and then. He never failed to come over and shake my hand and talk to me. He would always start the conversation with "Son I never should have left Smith Co". This from a man who has coached in big schools and had some great teams.

Coach Thompson He would always start the conversation with "Son I never should have left Smith Co". This from a man who has coached in big schools and had some great teams.

Most coaches that have left us have said the same thing...But Thompson really really REALLY means it!!!

Coach Thompson was a hard nosed old school coach with a heart. I think Scott is going to be the same type coach. I used to see him in Lebanon every now and then. He never failed to come over and shake my hand and talk to me. He would always start the conversation with "Son I never should have left Smith Co". This from a man who has coached in big schools and had some great teams.

Was this the same Coach Thompson that was at Tyner several years ago? If so I played against them when I was a player at East Ridge. He ran about 4 different types of presses. They would eat you up with that pressure. Of course he had the athletes to do it with.

Was this the same Coach Thompson that was at Tyner several years ago? If so I played against them when I was a player at East Ridge. He ran about 4 different types of presses. They would eat you up with that pressure. Of course he had the athletes to do it with.

my coach /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />