Baylor v McCallie

CSAS Soccer

Sorry man, but you sound just as biased....well you leave no doubt that you are now. Especially against Danny V....are you the blue goalie or Dad. I would not have noticed it until you keep bringing up Danny and building up the other goalie.

VERY well put, i've observed consistent bias with his posts as well. and the paper usually makes mistakes with these games...what did they say kelly smith's last name was? griffin or something...hahaha. Danny VV in the standout section could have easily been a misprint...maybe they meant to put Higgins. no disrespect to danny, great keeper, but never had to do anything spectacular in this game. his punt was dwarfed in that game, though..

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is it was one outstanding high school soccer game between two outstanding teams. When these two play you know it is going to be physical as so much is always on the line between these long time rivals. Now I wish there had been a winner (Baylor) but besides that it was as good as it gets. Great soccer, loud, screaming fans, and no one got hurt. In any Baylor vs McCallie sport it is always a colorful, fun and heart pumping event. And I would bet that the two teams meet again in the playoffs....and I would not miss it for anything.

Sorry man, but you sound just as biased....well you leave no doubt that you are now. Especially against Danny V....are you the blue goalie or Dad. I would not have noticed it until you keep bringing up Danny and building up the other goalie.

I'm a Mccallie student and an avid soccer fan, but i am not a player and definitly not a parent. and i never said anything bad against danny, where are you getting that? i said he's a great goalie, he just didn't get any action in this game, so i don't see why he was put in the standout section. as for the MC goalie, he had a good game thats all.

Since I began this strand, I should probably add a post game comment. I had previously stated that McCallie is the best team in this area. After watching this match, and adding in McCallie's win over Dalton, I stand by that statement. McCallie is not much better than Baylor, but I still think that they are slightly better. In the first half, McCallie definitely created the better chances. Baylor struggled to get numbers forward and their attacks were mostly quick counters with their attackers facing 2v4 or 1v3 situations. Conversely, McCallie managed to get a lot of players in the box. While they did not finish, they did put a few balls on frame, and they also had some missed opportunities to play open players at the D. I saw no really dangerous attacks out of Baylor in the first half. I will admit that Baylor created more opportunities in the second half, so you could just about split this one. I still, however, saw McCallie get a few dangerous chances in the second half as well. I have frankly been surprised by the number of people, some of whose soccer opinions I respect, that felt that Baylor looked like the better team in that match. As an unbiased observer and fan of the game, I saw McCallie getting the better of the play, chances, and possession. Lastly, Patrick did a solid job refereeing a high-pressure match. I felt that he was consistent with his no calls. I did see one blatant handball on a Baylor attack that he missed, and I felt that he should have given a yellow to both Jesse and Zander for their antics at the end of the game. I do, however, respect his not throwing a yellow in the last minutes of a 0-0 match. I have read, and heard, several complaints about the lack of cards in this match, but I thought that it was generally a fairly clean match on both team's parts. I have definitely seen more hard-hitting Baylor v. McCallie matches in the past.

Since I began this strand, I should probably add a post game comment. I had previously stated that McCallie is the best team in this area. After watching this match, and adding in McCallie's win over Dalton, I stand by that statement. McCallie is not much better than Baylor, but I still think that they are slightly better. In the first half, McCallie definitely created the better chances. Baylor struggled to get numbers forward and their attacks were mostly quick counters with their attackers facing 2v4 or 1v3 situations. Conversely, McCallie managed to get a lot of players in the box. While they did not finish, they did put a few balls on frame, and they also had some missed opportunities to play open players at the D. I saw no really dangerous attacks out of Baylor in the first half. I will admit that Baylor created more opportunities in the second half, so you could just about split this one. I still, however, saw McCallie get a few dangerous chances in the second half as well. I have frankly been surprised by the number of people, some of whose soccer opinions I respect, that felt that Baylor looked like the better team in that match. As an unbiased observer and fan of the game, I saw McCallie getting the better of the play, chances, and possession. Lastly, Patrick did a solid job refereeing a high-pressure match. I felt that he was consistent with his no calls. I did see one blatant handball on a Baylor attack that he missed, and I felt that he should have given a yellow to both Jesse and Zander for their antics at the end of the game. I do, however, respect his not throwing a yellow in the last minutes of a 0-0 match. I have read, and heard, several complaints about the lack of cards in this match, but I thought that it was generally a fairly clean match on both team's parts. I have definitely seen more hard-hitting Baylor v. McCallie matches in the past.

I agree 100% with this post, especially about the refereeing. the calls were consistent, he let the boys play, which is better for this kind of a game. and even though jesse and zander were both deserving of yellows, it was in the best interest for the control of the game not to award them. great job mr. referee. he called a spectacular game, which is usually rare in chattanooga /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I have to disagree with the majority of the posters. The game was exciting only if you're a defender who doesn't have to worry about being punished for blatant fouls. It would be fun to see these two teams play again and watch them actually have to play the ball first. Every time someone carryied the ball across midfield it was just a question of how many defenders were going to crash into him before he lost the ball. Both teams played not to lose which is understandable - just not very exciting.

As a soccer fan in Murfreesboro I try to keep up with other teams on this board and thru rankings. It sounds like this was a great game and pretty evenly played. Sounds like alot more people think Baylor got the better end of the game though and disagree with you. I guess the coaches in Chattanooga agree also that Baylor is still number 1 since they have ranked them at the top this season and are still there. We, Riverdale, were supposed to play Baylor a couple of weeks ago...they made the trip to Murfreesboro only to have the game cancelled due to severe weather. I don't know if the game will be rescheduled but was really looking forward to the Warriors taking on the defending state champs.

Warriorsoccer9, Baylor was very much looking forward to the game against your team. It is sad that this may not happen. Baylor has had no luck this season with their schedule. JPII canceled in the preseason. Rain took the game with Riverdale away. ND was beset with injuries and dismissals. Ringgold and Ridgedale were token opponets only. The Bearden tournament was a mud bowl, as rainy conditions made it very difficult to evaluate progress. The Webb game was also canceled due to rain, rescheduled to May 1st.

Baylors soft schedule has prehaps not prepared them for the tough battles to come. I am sure they were not as sharp for the McCallie game as they could have been. You don't find your "A" game playing pushovers. Rainouts have only made this worse. McCallie, on the other hand, played Dalton last week as a tune up for the Baylor game. That is exactly the type of game that brings the "cream to the top".

Will Baylor be able to "turn on the juice" against teams like McMinn Co. & David Brainerd this week? Not sure these teams will provide the test that is needed to forge championship soccer. Will Baylor be ready for Webb next week? That will be a significant challenge for Jimmy Weekly and his assistant C. Blair. Too bad they can't scrimmage Dalton over the weekend.

Warriorsoccer9, Baylor was very much looking forward to the game against your team. It is sad that this may not happen. Baylor has had no luck this season with their schedule. JPII canceled in the preseason. Rain took the game with Riverdale away. ND was beset with injuries and dismissals. Ringgold and Ridgedale were token opponets only. The Bearden tournament was a mud bowl, as rainy conditions made it very difficult to evaluate progress. The Webb game was also canceled due to rain, rescheduled to May 1st.

Baylors soft schedule has prehaps not prepared them for the tough battles to come. I am sure they were not as sharp for the McCallie game as they could have been. You don't find your "A" game playing pushovers. Rainouts have only made this worse. McCallie, on the other hand, played Dalton last week as a tune up for the Baylor game. That is exactly the type of game that brings the "cream to the top".

Will Baylor be able to "turn on the juice" against teams like McMinn Co. & David Brainerd this week? Not sure these teams will provide the test that is needed to forge championship soccer. Will Baylor be ready for Webb next week? That will be a significant challenge for Jimmy Weekly and his assistant C. Blair. Too bad they can't scrimmage Dalton over the weekend.

I feel like I just read a school paper....Must of even proof read it. Ill give you a 5 out of 6

Good to see that you agree with 100% of his post since he too saw that the ref missed a "blantant handball on a Baylor attack" that would have been game changing. So only good job mr. referee on calling a spectacular game since you are a McCallie student or player. If the shoe was on the other foot you would not feel the same way for sure.

I agree 100% with this post, especially about the refereeing. the calls were consistent, he let the boys play, which is better for this kind of a game. and even though jesse and zander were both deserving of yellows, it was in the best interest for the control of the game not to award them. great job mr. referee. he called a spectacular game, which is usually rare in chattanooga /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Good to see that you agree with 100% of his post since he too saw that the ref missed a "blantant handball on a Baylor attack" that would have been game changing. So only good job mr. referee on calling a spectacular game since you are a McCallie student or player. If the shoe was on the other foot you would not feel the same way for sure.

the handball wasn't blatant. it hit the defender somewhere around the armpit after bouncing off of his chest. even if it was a valid handball, which is debatable, if this is the only thing you can find wrong with the officiating, then kudos to the ref. and cincyred, with the "shoe on the other foot" even agreed that the refs did a good job. as for baylor, im sure a win with a PK would have been better than a tie, but anyone would rather win off of a legitimate goal, especially if said goal was the deciding factor. please bother to read what other people have posted about this subject before you attack me for bias, especially about something as controversial as refereeing. thanks.

Man you can't take it can you. I have nothing to even do with this but your quotes made me want to respond. You said you agreed with 100% of what he said. He said it was a blantant handball....so I guess you do not agree with 100% now? Whatever. What great eyes you have that it hit in the armpit area.....laughable. I was not even there as ND had a game....your quotes are just funny that's all. And I am done....because it really doesn't matter to me. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

the handball wasn't blatant. it hit the defender somewhere around the armpit after bouncing off of his chest. even if it was a valid handball, which is debatable, if this is the only thing you can find wrong with the officiating, then kudos to the ref. and cincyred, with the "shoe on the other foot" even agreed that the refs did a good job. as for baylor, im sure a win with a PK would have been better than a tie, but anyone would rather win off of a legitimate goal, especially if said goal was the deciding factor. please bother to read what other people have posted about this subject before you attack me for bias, especially about something as controversial as refereeing. thanks.