greenway from greenville

mowest68

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually posted this last week in the baseball and football forums. I didn't mention the name, but I suspected that Greenway was the one.

Here was the thread/topic http://tennessee.coacht.com/boards/index.p...howtopic=171458 That post has the link to the newspaper article and the text from the article. Apparently, the school tried to keep it quiet, but someone emailed the video to the newspaper.

The big question will be whether or not Greenway is admitted back into Greeneville High after being sent to the alternative school. Since there were so many cell phones involved, I can't believe the video isn't on you tube.

I actually posted this last week in the baseball and football forums. I didn't mention the name, but I suspected that Greenway was the one.

Here was the thread/topic http://tennessee.coacht.com/boards/index.p...howtopic=171458 That post has the link to the newspaper article and the text from the article. Apparently, the school tried to keep it quiet, but someone emailed the video to the newspaper.

The big question will be whether or not Greenway is admitted back into Greeneville High after being sent to the alternative school. Since there were so many cell phones involved, I can't believe the video isn't on you tube.

I know I couldn't reply to that so I came to this topic.

Whoever emailed the details to the newspaper had everything twisted. There was no verbal disagreement, just boys saying they are big and bad and then someone being challenged. Nobody was mad at anybody. Its amazing how word of mouth can get details misplaced and twisted to the way that sounds worse or best to their needs.

Whoever emailed the details to the newspaper had everything twisted. There was no verbal disagreement, just boys saying they are big and bad and then someone being challenged. Nobody was mad at anybody. Its amazing how word of mouth can get details misplaced and twisted to the way that sounds worse or best to their needs.

Where you there during this incident? If so, what's the deal with this statement from the video?

"the youth who subsequently was punched, allegedly told the youth who delivered the punch "If you'll just stop this, I'll give you your best shot at me."

What's the story? Are you saying that the reporter watched the video, but was mistaken about the events that transpired?

If an individual can hit someone with the ferocity that the video showed and the individual that threw the punch is not mad or angry in any way, that in and of itself would indicate severe behavorial and/or emotional problems.

If an individual can hit someone with the ferocity that the video showed and the individual that threw the punch is not mad or angry in any way, that in and of itself would indicate severe behavorial and/or emotional problems.

I'm assuming that the video is making the rounds? How badly was the kid injured?

I'm assuming that the video is making the rounds? How badly was the kid injured?

I've seen the video, an there was no arguing whats so ever an i have talked to people that were there an they said they were just goofing around. the kid that got punched was telling greenway were to punch him. an greenway did. The newspaper does have the story all twisted an who ever called them an told them about it added some things to the story. From what i have heard greenway will be in ALP the rest of the year an the school has not sure if he is going to be able to play next year.

I've seen the video, an there was no arguing whats so ever an i have talked to people that were there an they said they were just goofing around. the kid that got punched was telling greenway were to punch him. an greenway did. The newspaper does have the story all twisted an who ever called them an told them about it added some things to the story. From what i have heard greenway will be in ALP the rest of the year an the school has not sure if he is going to be able to play next year.

Kev-O!!!!!!!Was he kicked of the team in 06 too?

yup

If he doesn't get to play next year that will be sad I was looking forward to seeing him play again this year. It will be even sadder if it is indeed just a story being twisted around. With cell phones around everywhere kids really have to watch what they do nowadays, back in the good ole days we didn't have to worry about this and an incident like this was was the norm and was never heard of outside. I hope he gets to play and hope we beat them devils this year!

Bottom line is those kids are team mates. Any kid that could do that to someone on their own team is a bad apple. The way he hit that kid showed that he has some problems and the intent was there to hurt him badly. He shouldn't be allowed to play another down anywhere. Also this was during school f so where is the supervision of the coach? Shouldn't he have some questions to answer as well? If I was the boys parents who got hit could you smell lawsuit?