Smyrna new HC

Otter

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Pipp as the D coord, I will have to cheer for Eagleville.

I know what you mean.......I am already dividing my Friday nights between BGA with Marty, FRA with Ferg, OHS, and now Eagleville with PIPP> If Mitchell goes to Siegel......well I will have to pass. hahahahaha, sometimes you have to draw the line somewhere. These OHS coaches are getting too spread out.

OK.....maybe I was a bit harsh. Word on the street was that once that group left Smyrna at the last second to go to Blackman, it was said that they would never be allowed to come back. It created animosity between the 2 schools because it left Shadowens to have to call both the O and the D that season.It was too late to get someone hired in their places. There is still some carryover from it too. My source is absolutely impeccable on this.

I still think that to allow a smoother transition, a person on staff should have been hired had they wanted to have gone with an unproven coach. Best of luck to the Williams brothers. I know folk in Gallatin think a lot of the brother/

As for Coach Carson.......whether he called the O or not, he had the title of OC at a school who won back to back state champions. That carries a lot of weight with principals and I wish him the best of luck along with Coach PIPP!

Anyone know if Coach Mitchell took the Dc at Siegel?

You might want to check on that impeccable source. Matt left Smyrna on good terms with mr. raikes. raikes knew it was a great opportunity for matt to go and be a coordinator with his brother. it was what was best for matt and his family. if he had left on bad terms as your source says, mr. raikes would have never hired matt. that is from mr raikes himself.

You might want to check on that impeccable source. Matt left Smyrna on good terms with mr. raikes. raikes knew it was a great opportunity for matt to go and be a coordinator with his brother. it was what was best for matt and his family. if he had left on bad terms as your source says, mr. raikes would have never hired matt. that is from mr raikes himself.

Smyrna Players and majority of the staff is on board. Matt makes moves on whats best for family 1st. That is a character trait that is great for a football team. I have met him personally and he is a good man and good coach. He is at Smyrna to make these players better men. Bulldogs get on board he deserves it. He simply applied for a job he wanted and got it. He deserves a chance and i believe youll be proud of the product he puts on the field. And please keep feeding these kids by telling them they wont win another title. Apparently people know nothing about the character and will of these players. Just keep feeding. Please!!!

Coach Shad left some really big shoes to fill. And no matter who would have got the job, people would have said that coach was not good enough for the job. Coach Williams is a good man and will be successful at Smyrna. It is pure and simple, people will always resist change. Players are going to say they are not going to come back and parents and fans will say the same; however, at the end of the day they endeed will. Yes it may be a little bumpy at first, but people will see that this man truly cares about his players.

Carson has the chance to do well at Smyrna...we will se how he does. He had the title of off coord at Smyrna..but, that was in name only. Though, he had his problems as an assistant at LaVergne and as an off coord at Franklin Co...he learned from his mistakes and was a good assistant at Smyrna and deserves the chance at Eagle ville. If he does well, he will have the chance to move on.

The Williams brothers are class act and they will work hard at Smyrna. Yes, I was surprised, but the new head coach was at Smyrna for several yrs and one of the reasons he left was to coach with his brother.

Let me tell you a little something. Steve carson is a good coach period. He developed every practice and organized every inside, pass pro and team period Smyrna had. He is still loved by all coaches and players at Smyrna. He did not call every single play but did most. Including several of the biggest plays in Smyrnas history. All his old Head Coaches give him nothing but praise and reccomendations. He si successful because of his work ethic and ability to put the kids before all. He will be successful at Eagleville because of the person and coach that he is. There is not a better man for the kids period. You can write it down now. Eagleville has a bright future and will be successful very soon. Keep your uneducated opinions to yourself unless you have positive things to say. JA