Alabama Playoff Format

CoachT

Do some research. The postseason already lasts this long or almost. Our district tournament starts April 30th. When we went to state, some of the kids missed their graduation. There's nothing different except eliminating the single elimination portions of the post season. You can shorten it by allowing fewer teams in regions from district. It's completely and utterly stupid to have a one game playoff in the middle of an otherwise logical post season. Baseball is a Spring and Summer sport. Name the teams that will playing in state and won't be playing summer baseball. I guarantee you there's not many. If they aren't playing baseball in the Summer, they ain't going to state in the Spring. Most Summer team schedules have more games than a high school regular season.

The sports seasons overlap is why it's not adding up for you. I've got a 3 sport kid. It's football July, August, September and October (minus playoffs), basketball in October, November, December, January and February (minus playoffs), baseball in February, March and April (minus playoffs). Summer baseball is May, June and July. In May there's spring football, summer baseball and basketball tryouts. In June there's summer baseball, weight lifting and basketball camps. In July there's summer baseball and football. Believe me, I've got it.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic