Tennessee Players shine in Houston, TX

I wont to start by saying the Memphishoopers.com & Tennessee Y had great showings this weekend in Houston. The Memphishoopers.com crused every team in there pool by 20 or more points. The hoopers beat Team Alaska in the 1st round of the Gold Division by 20pts. Next up was the Tennessee YOMCA. 1st I wont to say John Jenkins is a top 5 player in the STATE! This game started with The Tennessee coming out strong. Tennesse Y took a big lead. The hoopers had 1 problem REGGIE BUCKNER was not there to start the game he was in the back getting his ankle treated. After about 5 minutes went by in the 1st half BUCKNER came from the back ready to go. By this time Tennessee had done alot of damage to the hoopers. BUCKNER came in and went to work. The hoopers were down by as much as 23pts. Reginald Buckner & Tony Smith came alive for the hoopers. The hoopers came back and sent the game into double overtime. Tony Smith missed a late 1n1 freethrow that would have sealed the deal in the 1st OT. Everbody around said that this was the real Championship game. The Hoopers and the Tennessee Y were top teams in this event. Im proud of Tennessee we ruled Houston this weekend. Tennessee 7-0 Hoopers 4-1

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wont to start by saying the Memphishoopers.com & Tennessee Y had great showings this weekend in Houston. The Memphishoopers.com crused every team in there pool by 20 or more points. The hoopers beat Team Alaska in the 1st round of the Gold Division by 20pts. Next up was the Tennessee YOMCA. 1st I wont to say John Jenkins is a top 5 player in the STATE! This game started with The Tennessee coming out strong. Tennesse Y took a big lead. The hoopers had 1 problem REGGIE BUCKNER was not there to start the game he was in the back getting his ankle treated. After about 5 minutes went by in the 1st half BUCKNER came from the back ready to go. By this time Tennessee had done alot of damage to the hoopers. BUCKNER came in and went to work. The hoopers were down by as much as 23pts. Reginald Buckner & Tony Smith came alive for the hoopers. The hoopers came back and sent the game into double overtime. Tony Smith missed a late 1n1 freethrow that would have sealed the deal in the 1st OT. Everbody around said that this was the real Championship game. The Hoopers and the Tennessee Y were top teams in this event. Im proud of Tennessee we ruled Houston this weekend. Tennessee 7-0 Hoopers 4-1

Glad to see someone from West Tn acknowledge the fact that we have some ball players over in Mid Tenn as well. Alot of people were wondering how Jenkins got Mr. Basketball, but once you see the kid play there is no doubt as to why he was selected. If he had any help around him Station Camp would have competed for the state championship. Glad to hear the guys from Tn were representing! Keep up the good work fellas. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Glad to see someone from West Tn acknowledge the fact that we have some ball players over in Mid Tenn as well. Alot of people were wondering how Jenkins got Mr. Basketball, but once you see the kid play there is no doubt as to why he was selected. If he had any help around him Station Camp would have competed for the state championship. Glad to hear the guys from Tn were representing! Keep up the good work fellas. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm from West Tn and I acknowledged why Jenkins got Mr. Basketball and congratulated him too! John Jenkins was averaging around 30 pts per game! WOW... the leading scorer in the nation last year scored around 40 pts per game... if he had any help around him at Station Camp I believe he wouldn't be a high recruit.. that 30 pts per game put him on the map!! With help he might still average around 20 to 25 pts a game but Jenkins is a VERY GOOD ball player!!

Legend, what happened to Reggie?? And another question.. why do Memphis teams miss free throws?? Kidding... Good Job guys!! I'm proud that Tennessee AAU teams are doing very well this year!!

I'm from West Tn and I acknowledged why Jenkins got Mr. Basketball and congratulated him too! John Jenkins was averaging around 30 pts per game! WOW... the leading scorer in the nation last year scored around 40 pts per game... if he had any help around him at Station Camp I believe he wouldn't be a high recruit.. that 30 pts per game put him on the map!! With help he might still average around 20 to 25 pts a game but Jenkins is a VERY GOOD ball player!!

Legend, what happened to Reggie?? And another question.. why do Memphis teams miss free throws?? Kidding... Good Job guys!! I'm proud that Tennessee AAU teams are doing very well this year!!

Have you saw Jenkins play? He scored 30 per with double teams, box and ones, some tried triangle and two. He is a high recruit because he is a special talent. In Houston he dropped 29 twice and averaged 22 per, with a ton of help!

Have you saw Jenkins play? He scored 30 per with double teams, box and ones, some tried triangle and two. He is a high recruit because he is a special talent. In Houston he dropped 29 twice and averaged 22 per, with a ton of help!

Nope, but the only reason he got double teams, box and ones, and triangle and two was he had no help... If he had help the double teams wouldn't come and he wouldn't score as many points cause he would be passing alot more! Guess I was right that he had more help he would average 20 to 25 pts per!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Nope, but the only reason he got double teams, box and ones, and triangle and two was he had no help... If he had help the double teams wouldn't come and he wouldn't score as many points cause he would be passing alot more! Guess I was right that he had more help he would average 20 to 25 pts per!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Beav, you are young and showing it. His hs team went 24-7 and lost 3 to AAA teams and the rest to good AA programs. He had help there, and if you would have saw them, you would know. The help he has now is ALL-STARS! One of the top AAU teams in the state and obviously after this week end one of the tops in the country.

Beav, you are young and showing it. His hs team went 24-7 and lost 3 to AAA teams and the rest to good AA programs. He had help there, and if you would have saw them, you would know. The help he has now is ALL-STARS! One of the top AAU teams in the state and obviously after this week end one of the tops in the country.

How am I showing I am young??? I was going by what devilfanatic said and I quote "If he had any help around him Station Camp would have competed for the state championship." I'm more mature than you think Mr. BigDaddy!!! Real mature name on your part if I say so myself!!

How am I showing I am young??? I was going by what devilfanatic said and I quote "If he had any help around him Station Camp would have competed for the state championship." I'm more mature than you think Mr. BigDaddy!!! Real mature name on your part if I say so myself!!

Ok, have you not admitted to your age??? /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I am old, thats why I am the BigDaddy. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Devil said they would have competed for the state championship if he had any help, nothing was said about his scoring output. He is going to score and score pretty much at will! At least devil saw Station Camp play!

Ok, have you not admitted to your age??? /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I am old, thats why I am the BigDaddy. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Devil said they would have competed for the state championship if he had any help, nothing was said about his scoring output. He is going to score and score pretty much at will! At least devil saw Station Camp play!

As a middle tennessean, Jenkins is a stud and deserves all the awards he gets, he just scores, period! The Franklin Rage represented mid-tn well in houston, going 3-1 and finishing one double overtime and a point away from a gold bracket sweet sixteen.

As a middle tennessean, Jenkins is a stud and deserves all the awards he gets, he just scores, period! The Franklin Rage represented mid-tn well in houston, going 3-1 and finishing one double overtime and a point away from a gold bracket sweet sixteen.

I read where the Rage did well down in Houston. Congrats to them as well as the Tigers and Hoopers. Good to see the TN boys pouring it on em. Franklin will be tough next season.

Yes I have admitted my age.. it is on my profile it says 18, which can be young to some people and others I'm old! Age is a number and it is what is on the mind (matureness) that constitutes how old you actually are! I'm sorry I could not make it from the DC out there to watch Jenkins! Had to give DC my support! The 2A losses Station Camp had, only 1 of those teams were in the state tournament! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />