District 1-AAA for 2008-2009

TommyMan37604

The rising 8th grader at Vance is the real deal. She could help anybody's varsity right now as a middle schooler. Her outside shooting is spotty, she has a weak left hand, and she plays a bit out of control, but she is the fastest/strongest guard I have seen in a good while. I believe she plays tailback for the school's football team, at least that is what I have been told. She simply takes the ball off of steals or rebounds and beats everyone down the court. If somebody can fine tune her skills, she will be a D1 player. She has the strength and physique of a much older player.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep,

I agree with you coachh17. I've seen Ashley play with her Pink Panther AAU team....They are a bunch of rising

8th graders mostly from Vance. That team usually puts up about 50 to 70 points a game. They run hard and kick out for 3 pointers. Ashley number (32) is the 'glue' but they can play with most 9/10 grade teams. Best chemistry of any age group. They have one of the areas best shooters at the 2 spot I think her name is Cloe, number (24).

I think she lead Blountville Middle in scoring last year as a 7th grader. Between the two, on a given night they can put up 40 plus. The rest of the team can play...great team ball. If these kids stay together in high school....it could be an awesome team...for Tenn. High...sometimes it's all about the chemistry and role playing. /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

And they are only 1 win and 2 loses against the Rising 8th graders for Science Hill. That bunch just rolled through the Happy Valley team camp, closesgame was 18 points, avgd winning by 29 for the week. Will be a good showdown next year.

SHHS 8 can certainly play the game well. Very well coached. The talent pool of rising 8th graders in this area is at maybe the highest level in years....Once all these girls get into high school it will be many great showdowns for years to come, I'm sure. AAU has created some great competition. Please....someone has to get by the 'Greenvilles'

and go to a State Tourney!!!

And they are only 1 win and 2 loses against the Rising 8th graders for Science Hill. That bunch just rolled through the Happy Valley team camp, closesgame was 18 points, avgd winning by 29 for the week. Will be a good showdown next year.

I believe they split 2 games w/the rising 8th graders and beat a combined team of rising 8th and 9th graders once. (That would be 2 wins and 1 loss for the panthers.) Nevertheless...It will make for a great rivalry for years to come. What teams were in the Happy Valley team camp?

You can bump Boone on down to the bottom of that list. 5 of their 6 returning seniors quit this week.

I watched Boone play at their own camp and then again at Eastern Ky. and saw marked improvement...great attitudes and effort...if they get to where they can shoot/and or score they could surprise some people...don't count them out...

I believe they split 2 games w/the rising 8th graders and beat a combined team of rising 8th and 9th graders once. (That would be 2 wins and 1 loss for the panthers.) Nevertheless...It will make for a great rivalry for years to come. What teams were in the Happy Valley team camp?

No I have the book, and its 2 wins SHHS and 1 Panthers.

Happey Valley, Rogersville, TA Dugger, Cloudland are the teams I remember being there.

SHHS 8th is 4 wins and 0 loses at the Blountville team camp so far this week, and they are missing 4 of their top 8 players, those 4 are at Lady Vols Camp. Have held Chole to under 10 points in each game that they have played against her team, have beaten them 53 to 31 and 51 to 33.

No I have the book, and its 2 wins SHHS and 1 Panthers.

Happey Valley, Rogersville, TA Dugger, Cloudland are the teams I remember being there.

SHHS 8th is 4 wins and 0 loses at the Blountville team camp so far this week, and they are missing 4 of their top 8 players, those 4 are at Lady Vols Camp. Have held Chole to under 10 points in each game that they have played against her team, have beaten them 53 to 31 and 51 to 33.

It just occured to me that we may be referring to (2) different Panther teams. There is a 7th grade (12 and under) group and a 8th grade (13 and under) group.

The 12 and under group with Ashlee and Chloe is the one I'm referring to.

My records show the following:

At SHHS the first weekend in March the Panthers split with the Starz...won the first game 39 - 32 then lost the second one by 36 - 32. Then at Smoky Mt. complex on May 3rd the Panthers beat the Starz 8 by a score of 70 - 60.

(That was the week of the AAU State Tourney) (The 8th grade Panthers played in the State)

The 8th grade Panthers go by 'East Tennessee Pink Panthers...or E.T. Pink Panthers'

The 7th grade Panthers go by 'Bristol Pink Panthers'

...So, if there were 2 losses for the 7th graders from the STARZ...I sure would like to know when the other one was??? Currently, the Bristol Pink Panthers are 46-10 for the season and 9 of the losses are from 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17 and under teams.

...It's not that I don't have great respect for SHHS and the STARZ program...but I just wanted to set the record straight.

How did SHHS 8 fair on their last day at the Blountville Team Camp?

Won both games, and the only time the SHHS Rising 8th graders have played the Panthers is when they were combined. The rising 8th graders or 9th graders have not mplayed at Smokey Mnt., The only 2 Starz teams that have played up there are the Rising 7th graders and rising 6th graders.

Reference the only time this year that the Pink Panthers played combined was March 20-22 at Smoky Mt. Easter Slamfest.

See Tourney Results: 8th grade division @smokysports.com

Picture included.

FYI...The tall brunette that was the 3 point threat for Indian Trail last season had a great game for the Starz when the Panthers won 70-60. She hit 5 treys and had 20 pts. Ref. Showdown in E-Town results 8th grade division (Bristol Pink Panthers 7 graders) @ smokysports.com

Picture included.