Latest Bolus ratings

Indian

Maybe, they need to wear differernt shoes to make the list! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hopefully, college coaches don't take the list too seriously either. That list is missing a lot of top-notch girls.

Memphis Elite (James) is another team that has been at the top for years. They are also not well-represented (I think they have only one player on the list). Looks to me to be a strong Middle TN bias maybe because those are the games he can more easily get to.

This list is more accurately seen as a list of the top girl basketball players from Middle Tennessee not from the entire state.

The Tennessee Flight (Silver) is very well represented.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully, college coaches don't take the list too seriously either. That list is missing a lot of top-notch girls.

Memphis Elite (James) is another team that has been at the top for years. They are also not well-represented (I think they have only one player on the list). Looks to me to be a strong Middle TN bias maybe because those are the games he can more easily get to.

This list is more accurately seen as a list of the top girl basketball players from Middle Tennessee not from the entire state.

The Tennessee Flight (Silver) is very well represented.

You didn't read the PHargis post, nor mine. There are some stellar Mid=Tn players, AAU or otherwise, left out. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

You didn't read the PHargis post, nor mine. There are some stellar Mid=Tn players, AAU or otherwise, left out. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Honestly glad to see my daughter on the list, know in her case it was purely from AAU and Summer Showcases not Highschool play. Seems to be an opinion of individual capabilites (future college), not necessarily the team situation that they are placed in by their HS coaches.

By my count there were 11 from West TN in the top 25, and 7 each from Middle and East. That's pretty good representation at the top. Helton was a name I felt was missing too and I'm not even from that area. Some of the players I wasn't too impressed by, some I felt should be in higher groups or ranked higher. One thing to remember is that after the first 25, the players are listed in alphabetical groups of 25, not 26-50 and so on. Also and I may have said this, players on 14-under and 15-under teams, if they're good, will likely be on it later as seniors graduate and move off the list.

On specific missing players, who do they play for in the summer, what grade, height and postion, are they being offered already, etc. He missed out on a post who signed Division I with Appalachian State, from Howard, but I believe she only played YBOA and so he probably never saw her.

I do think it's useful to see the players' names in a list form with height, grade, position and school, even with the missing players it has to include most of the top prospects. College coaches can probably use it as a starting point and make contacts from there, it might be more useful if their current AAU teams were included if known.

Here is what it says on the site: Rick Bolus player rankings are based on college potential and are not meant to be an indicator for awards such as Miss Basketball. The rankings are based on Mr. Bolus' personal observations along with communications with the coaches. A player's college caliber could change over the season and players can move up or down in rankings over a period of time.

Looking over the names again, I've seen more basketball than I thought, 42 in all not counting the 15 at the bottom. Some were only on TV during this past season's state title games, some were just were a few minutes in the summer, and I wasn't taking mental notes on any for a "Top 100" list. Most I could probably not tell apart except for the uniforms.

She's a good player, clearly one of the best in the Chattanooga-Cleveland area. How does she perform in the summer, that seems to be what matters a lot in this list. Again, anyone questioning why a player isn't on it should email him (be polite) with relevant information-high school, grade, height, position, summer stats and summer team, age group, any colleges looking or offering. Emails from summer or high school coaches would probably carry more weight. As for the younger players with clear talent not on it yet, I'd say just give it some time.