08-09 Impact Freshmen!

sbl0702

What freshmen should we lookout for across the state?

I know 3 that can play the game and will imapact their teams!

Takeyha (TT) Flowers-----daughter of Mr. Football finalist Jewell Flowers from Lake County

Carnation Hart---Lake County

Macy Wright -----Obion County

Taylor Swain-----Westview

Meagen Porter----Gibson County

Add to the list....I like to here of ones to look for!

SBL

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What freshmen should we lookout for across the state?

I know 3 that can play the game and will imapact their teams!

Takeyha (TT) Flowers-----daughter of Mr. Football finalist Jewell Flowers from Lake County

Carnation Hart---Lake County

Macy Wright -----Obion County

Taylor Swain-----Westview

Meagen Porter----Gibson County

Add to the list....I like to here of ones to look for!

SBL

HANDS DOWN....KETA ROBINETTE MARION COUNTY

In Blount County, here are a few incoming freshmen to keep an eye on:

William Blount: Sarah Wilson and Tatum Burstrom, guards

Alcoa: Alisha Shiverdecker, guard

Heritage: Miranda Maples ( tall girl, I think that is her name)

Maryville: Rebekah Singleton, guard

Out of these girls, Maples for Heritage is the most physically ready to help at the varsity level. All of the other girls I mentioned are very skilled players and will no doubt make their presence felt on the court during their high school careers.

There are some other talented girls that will be freshmen in Blount County, but these are the ones that come to my mind right now.

Megan Porter will play quite a bit next year but I doubt she starts at Gibson Co. in her Freshman year. We return all starters except for 1, Jennilee Pate. She will be replaced by her sister Katie Pate and will probably be better. Megan probably will be starting by her Sophomore year though.

As for Taylor Swain. She is very good as well. Her and Megan are playing on the same AAU team, TNWings. I believe Taylor will be just like Megan in the fact she will get some playing time but won't be starting due to the fact Westview returns everyone to their team next year. Taylor is very good, tall, and athletic.

A player that also plays on that same TNWings AAU team is Taylor Hassell. She's not the best Offensive player but she plays some OUTSTANDING Defense. She can shoot the 3 ball decently but she's better on the Defensive side of the ball. She played Jr. High ball for Spring Hill, Yorkville. (Jr. Lady Pioneers)

not sure? but I would have to say!

DANIELLE BALLARD from snowden middle school, Memphis

"HANDS DOWN"

not sure where this young lady is planning to attend hs

but I have seen her play in school ball and aau

and she's worth the price of admission

someone can correct me but I believe she

was TWO time west sectional most valuable player

the stats I saw on her for school ball 23pts per game 9 rebounds and 6 assists

good luck Memphis area coaches "who ever gets this one will have a BALLER"

• 2 weeks later...

In Blount County, here are a few incoming freshmen to keep an eye on:

William Blount: Sarah Wilson and Tatum Burstrom, guards

Alcoa: Alisha Shiverdecker, guard

Heritage: Miranda Maples ( tall girl, I think that is her name)

Maryville: Rebekah Singleton, guard

Out of these girls, Maples for Heritage is the most physically ready to help at the varsity level. All of the other girls I mentioned are very skilled players and will no doubt make their presence felt on the court during their high school careers.

There are some other talented girls that will be freshmen in Blount County, but these are the ones that come to my mind right now.

KELSIE BENNETT from Halls Middle in Knox County. Legit 6'2" with a good touch around the basket. County MVP on the Knox County middle school champions. Blount County AAU teams will see her this weekend at the ET Air play day. She probably won't go to Halls High though, her brother played college ball and they know how important it is to have a good high school coach. JAI JAI MCLAUGHLIN from West Valley is also terrific, not sure where she will go to High School. SYDNEY CARDEN from Halls would also be the number 1 point guard walking in the door at a lot of schools with better programs than Halls but she probably won't get much playing time even though Halls was 8-20 last year.

• 3 weeks later...

Marjorie Butler from Webb Has allready seen an abundence of hs varisty time as an 8th grader. A National level track athlete and has played aau ball in older age groups for the past 3 years..(Actually has two 13 yr old aau state championships ,one with the KGC and one with the Trotters)

Marjorie made a contribution to div ii state runner up Webb last year and im sure the future is bright for her!

You should make a top upcoming sophomores list. Who is she playing with in AAU, that's a good way to get noticed by the services such as Bolus.

who the heck is this bolus? id never heard of him outside a few threads here! Most ratings are a matter of opinion or who gets to see who in what part of the state.

His list while it does take into acount a some of the best in the state has some very glaring omissions