Coffee Co vs Columbia/ Tullahoma vs Lincoln Co

ctownboy

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im pretty sure if LC wins that Franklin co. is second. the records of all the .500 teams against each other will be added up and the team with the best one is in second. that will be FC. any word on the LC TTOWN game?

Looks like Lincoln County first, Franklin County second, Lawrence County third, Coffee County fourth, Tullahoma fifth, Columbia sixth and Shelbyville seventh. Lincoln County and Shelbyville have their spots sewed up. The five teams tied at 6-6 have their records added up against each other ... Franklin County is 5-3 putting the Rebels in second and Columbia is 3-5, putting the Lions in sixth. Everyone else is 4-4 .... So Coffee, Tullahoma and Lawrence then add their records up against each other which is a wash with everybody splitting. Then it goes to record against highest seed. Tullahoma got swept by Lincoln County, putting the Wildcats in fifth. Coffee County split with Lincoln and Franklin Counties but Lawrence split with Lincoln and SWEPT Franklin County ... so that puts Lawrence in third and Coffee County in fourth. I think that about covers it haha.

I'm not sure about everyone else, but according to Coach Brad White of Tullahoma, the Wildcats finished in 5th place. I think a previous poster on this thread is probably correct on where all the other teams finished. Is there any truth to the rumor that Franklin Co is traveling in cars to the district tourney in Manchester and not taking a school bus?

I'm not sure about everyone else, but according to Coach Brad White of Tullahoma, the Wildcats finished in 5th place. I think a previous poster on this thread is probably correct on where all the other teams finished. Is there any truth to the rumor that Franklin Co is traveling in cars to the district tourney in Manchester and not taking a school bus?

Their bus caught fire and they lost a lot of equitment while travling to Culleoka. So its possible. Tullahoma lost 10-0 too. Pedo has the standings right also too. This has to be the closest district in middle tennessee.

Looks like Lincoln County first, Franklin County second, Lawrence County third, Coffee County fourth, Tullahoma fifth, Columbia sixth and Shelbyville seventh. Lincoln County and Shelbyville have their spots sewed up. The five teams tied at 6-6 have their records added up against each other ... Franklin County is 5-3 putting the Rebels in second and Columbia is 3-5, putting the Lions in sixth. Everyone else is 4-4 .... So Coffee, Tullahoma and Lawrence then add their records up against each other which is a wash with everybody splitting. Then it goes to record against highest seed. Tullahoma got swept by Lincoln County, putting the Wildcats in fifth. Coffee County split with Lincoln and Franklin Counties but Lawrence split with Lincoln and SWEPT Franklin County ... so that puts Lawrence in third and Coffee County in fourth. I think that about covers it haha.

That education at Coffee Co. has come through. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Good work.

Pedo is 100% correct according to my tabulations as well. There is no other way to break a five-way tie and that is the fairest and correct way to do it. What a crazy district this season. Any two teams could make it to region, including Shelbyville who is dangerous. Lincoln is the best team, though, from what I've seen. We all know anything can happen in this tournament. The matchups should be:

#7 Shelbyville at #6 Columbia (Wednesday in play-in single elimination game)

Double Elimination Tournament at Manchester

Winner of play-in vs. #3 Lawrence County (Friday)

#5 Tullahoma vs. #4 Coffee County (Friday)

#2 Franklin County vs. winner of play-in/Lawrence County winner (Saturday)

#1 Lincoln County vs. Tullahoma/Coffee County winner (Saturday)

...and on from there

Should be a fun tournament! Good job Pedo.

I'm almost afraid to say anything on here. Let me get this out of the way first:

1. I am a lawyer and I am full of crap.

2. Any shortcomings that a player has that I coached in little league or travel ball are my fault and I take full responsibility for not correcting those faults.

Now let's talk about the tenacity shown by Coffee Co. yesterday against Columbia. Coffee Co. was down to their LAST STRIKE twice in the seventh inning. Aaron Pearson had two strikes, two outs and no one on base. He smoked a triple to right-center. Next Zach Poteet got two strikes then bounced an infield single over the pitcher's head. Tie game 1-1.

In the 11th with Ben Aaron at 3rd and Zach Poteet at 2nd, Brett Harris singled to right and Coffee Co. took the lead 3-1. I guess those players all overcame thier Little League coaching huh?

Coffee Co. won 3-2 to avoid the play-in game against Shelbyville. Coffee Co. plays all the district tournament games at home. Let's rekindle the magic we saw last year.

GO RAIDERS!!!!!