Pigeon Forge Tigers Roll over the Farragut Admirals 5-3

melabonz

Pigeon Forge pitched well, fielded well, and hit well. Newby and Burnett are both fine pitchers. No excuses.

Pigeon Forge was better on that day.

Second part of the double header was Science Hill. The result was different, better from an FHS perspective.

It was a long week of baseball at FHS. I think its safe to say that FHS coaches, players, alums, and parents were disappointed by the results in two of the games.

Nice to get national recognition. But there is a reason why they play the game. Congrats again to William Blount and to Pigeon Forge on your victories. Hard fought and well earned.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having seen both Farragut and Science Hill a couple of times this year, I went over to their game on Friday. I had seen Oak Ridge and Science Hill the weekend before at Oak Ridge along with a scout buddy of mine. We went to watch Oak Ridge but came away real impressed with SH and the Anderson kid who threw for them. He totally dominated a good Oak Ridge team. It was one of the best mound performances we have seen this season. SH was very impressive and very sound. SH clearly did not play at the same level against Farragut either at the plate or in the field. It was also very evident that for whatever reason, Anderson did not have anywhere near his normal velocity or command that we saw against Oak Ridge. Farragut did deserve to win that game on Friday. However, after seeing SH and Anderson a couple of other times this year, I am pretty certain you will see a much better team and individual performance if the two meet again. Both are very good teams and both well coached. It would not surprise me if both teams make the state and if they do, both could do some damage down there. I hope they don't have to play each other to get to the state because from what I have been told and seen, they appear to both be worthy of state appearances as the two best teams from east Tenn. Both are fun to watch.

Having seen both Farragut and Science Hill a couple of times this year, I went over to their game on Friday. I had seen Oak Ridge and Science Hill the weekend before at Oak Ridge along with a scout buddy of mine. We went to watch Oak Ridge but came away real impressed with SH and the Anderson kid who threw for them. He totally dominated a good Oak Ridge team. It was one of the best mound performances we have seen this season. SH was very impressive and very sound. SH clearly did not play at the same level against Farragut either at the plate or in the field. It was also very evident that for whatever reason, Anderson did not have anywhere near his normal velocity or command that we saw against Oak Ridge. Farragut did deserve to win that game on Friday. However, after seeing SH and Anderson a couple of other times this year, I am pretty certain you will see a much better team and individual performance if the two meet again. Both are very good teams and both well coached. It would not surprise me if both teams make the state and if they do, both could do some damage down there. I hope they don't have to play each other to get to the state because from what I have been told and seen, they appear to both be worthy of state appearances as the two best teams from east Tenn. Both are fun to watch.

Why are they the best two teams? Bearden has beaten Science Hill twice this year.

I have seen Bearden play some this year also. Not to take anything away from them as they are also a nice team. However, in my opinion and the opinion of several people who's opinions I trust and who follow east Tn. baseball more than me, they think Farragut and Science Hill are the two best teams from east Tn. I did not see either game Bearden had with SH but talked to some who did and was told that SH did not throw either the Anderson or McKinney kid in either game while Bearden did throw their top 2. I also was told that SH played some kids against Bearden who would not normally be in the lineup in crunch time. These comments came from someone objective, not a parent. This does not mean I think Bearden can't get to the state, just that from my sources, and my personal observations, SH and Farr. are better teams. Obviously, they still have to prove it on the field and anything can happen. Certainly, Bearden has had a nice season and could slip in there possibly depending on how things play if and when that times comes.

First of all, I thought the topic was about Pigeon Forge beating Farragut. If you want to argue about Farragut, Science Hill, and Bearden start another thread, and butt out of this one!

Fact: PF beat FHS.

Fact: This was an upset.

Fact: FHS has a better team.

Fact: Just not on that day.

I mean come on, Appalachian State beat Michigan, the 1980 U.S. Hockey team won the gold, the Yankees with the highest payroll in baseball history hasn't won a World Series in awhile. Point is upsets are what make sports exciting, thats why as a former player we compete. I don't care if I'm playing Farragut, Pigeon Forge, or the Yankees. However because of the upset, that doesn't mean Appalachian State has a better program than Michigan, or the 1980 Hockey Team has a more storied history than the Russians, nor does PF equate to Farragut. Equating them is like saying a SO. Conference program, is as good game in and game out as an SEC team. I mean its Pigeon Forge, I hear Pigeon Forge, I think Dollywood not baseball, I think Farragut I think state baseball POWERHOUSE!

I tip my cap to PF. But in the scheme of TN high school baseball it doesn't mean all that much. PF will maybe make it past region play, and FHS will probably win the AAA state title. So does it really matter?

First of all, I thought the topic was about Pigeon Forge beating Farragut. If you want to argue about Farragut, Science Hill, and Bearden start another thread, and butt out of this one!

I mean come on, Appalachian State beat Michigan, the 1980 U.S. Hockey team won the gold, the Yankees with the highest payroll in baseball history hasn't won a World Series in awhile. Point is upsets are what make sports exciting, thats why as a former player we compete. I don't care if I'm playing Farragut, Pigeon Forge, or the Yankees. However because of the upset, that doesn't mean Appalachian State has a better program than Michigan, or the 1980 Hockey Team has a more storied history than the Russians, nor does PF equate to Farragut. Equating them is like saying a SO. Conference program, is as good game in and game out as an SEC team. I mean its Pigeon Forge, I hear Pigeon Forge, I think Dollywood not baseball, I think Farragut I think state baseball POWERHOUSE!

I tip my cap to PF. But in the scheme of TN high school baseball it doesn't mean all that much. PF will maybe make it past region play, and FHS will probably win the AAA state title. So does it really matter?

couldnt be said better

Tough loss for the Admirals, however the they are still the best baseball program in the state hands down. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile. I mean Pigeon Forge has improved since Guinn took over, the only thing I'm wandering is if he's that good a coach or that good of a recruiter?

Tough loss for the Admirals, however the they are still the best baseball program in the state hands down. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile. I mean Pigeon Forge has improved since Guinn took over, the only thing I'm wandering is if he's that good a coach or that good of a recruiter?

something like that, if Guinn and his kids dont come in, they probably arent as good.

ok so ur comparing pigeon forge tiger victory over farragat to Michigan and appalachan state???

last time i checked, Pigeon forge aint no pushover. they've been to state two out of the last three years. how are you gonna argue with that?

Yeah you are right there....it took alot to pursuade his own two sons to come with him.

ok so ur comparing pigeon forge tiger victory over farragat to Michigan and appalachan state???

last time i checked, Pigeon forge aint no pushover. they've been to state two out of the last three years. how are you gonna argue with that?

Pigeon Forge (Appalachain State) went into a state powerhouse Farragut (Michigan) and upset a team they werent supposed to beat. App State has had good success in their division, just like PF has, and the same for Farragut, being the dominant 4AAA team. Hes not saying PF is a bad team, just not on the same level as Farragut. Theyve got depth unlike any team. Without Guinns kids, PF doesnt make it to regions this year, Harveston being the only man to rely on on the mound to blow people away in the big game, and they run out of arms on the mound. Everytime i read the paper its something about the Guinn kids lifting the team to victory. And the PF team that went to state had nearly a completely different lineup. Cannons team was much different and better than this team, in my opinion.