Coffee County Tourney by MrNoitAll

MrNoitAll

Ok let??™s look at some facts about the tourney that I think are very interesting!

1.Great weather, fields were in excellent shape and ran pretty much on time.

2.I thought it was funny when Lucky had to broadcast outside of the Lucky Hut for a few minutes until they got him into his hut.

3.Atmosphere was excellent! The Coffee County people know how to put on a tourney.

4.The food was good.

5.Umpiring was not very good this year; I do know that umpires have bad days just like coaches, fans, bankers, doctors, and preachers. Did they make bad calls on purpose I do not think so. I have been in this business for a very long time and I do not think that an umpire, official has purposely made a bad call. NOW do I think that when they do will they make up a call later I think so, but that is just what I have seen over the years. I think that you are seeing that we are using older umpires because younger people are not getting into this business and YES it is a business because they are being paid and when you get paid it is a business. But again this is part of the tournament that Coffee County could not control. For this sport to get better I think we need younger umpires calling than what we have now! Just remember that umpires are being paid and when you paid someone you should expect the best because it is your money!

6.Why did Coach Pedigo leave the trophy in the parking park? Ok, I do know her and I will always have respect for her, did she make a mistake I think yes! If you are reading this my question to you is have you ever made a mistake and I hate to be the one to tell you but yes you have. I was going to make a list of reasons why she did what she did but only one person knows and that is Coach Pedigo and I do know that she is a very good person, poor choice yes but please just do not judge a person on a mistake in the heat of battle. If you remember in the Bible Christ asked if anyone be without sin to case the first stone and everyone left at that point so please back off because we all have made mistakes and will make more if we continue to take in air!

7.Did Coffee County fix the tourney where they would have an easy way to the finals? That is a question that needs to be asked Coach Floyd and yes I have played in many tournaments where the home team got advantages, but remember what the name of this tournament was called The Coffee County Tournament so if it was ok, if it was not ok as well but as a coach if you do not like it do not come back!

8.The MrNoitAll tee shirts were great everyone should have one!

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok let??™s look at some facts about the tourney that I think are very interesting!

2.I thought it was funny when Lucky had to broadcast outside of the Lucky Hut for a few minutes until they got him into his hut.

3.Atmosphere was excellent! The Coffee County people know how to put on a tourney.

4.The food was good.

5.Umpiring was not very good this year; I do know that umpires have bad days just like coaches, fans, bankers, doctors, and preachers. Did they make bad calls on purpose I do not think so. I have been in this business for a very long time and I do not think that an umpire, official has purposely made a bad call. NOW do I think that when they do will they make up a call later I think so, but that is just what I have seen over the years. I think that you are seeing that we are using older umpires because younger people are not getting into this business and YES it is a business because they are being paid and when you get paid it is a business. But again this is part of the tournament that Coffee County could not control. For this sport to get better I think we need younger umpires calling than what we have now! Just remember that umpires are being paid and when you paid someone you should expect the best because it is your money!

6.Why did Coach Pedigo leave the trophy in the parking park? Ok, I do know her and I will always have respect for her, did she make a mistake I think yes! If you are reading this my question to you is have you ever made a mistake and I hate to be the one to tell you but yes you have. I was going to make a list of reasons why she did what she did but only one person knows and that is Coach Pedigo and I do know that she is a very good person, poor choice yes but please just do not judge a person on a mistake in the heat of battle. If you remember in the Bible Christ asked if anyone be without sin to case the first stone and everyone left at that point so please back off because we all have made mistakes and will make more if we continue to take in air!

7.Did Coffee County fix the tourney where they would have an easy way to the finals? That is a question that needs to be asked Coach Floyd and yes I have played in many tournaments where the home team got advantages, but remember what the name of this tournament was called The Coffee County Tournament so if it was ok, if it was not ok as well but as a coach if you do not like it do not come back!

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Saw some great ball this weekend.....Really like the way Goodpasture plays. Saw them play St Benedict....Saint Benedict kept it close with their defense.....the third baseman and second baseman made some great plays to keep it close. I see Goodpasture going far....First time to see the team from the west...they beat Ryan. would have liked to see them play Baylor.....

Saw some great ball this weekend.....Really like the way Goodpasture plays. Saw them play St Benedict....Saint Benedict kept it close with their defense.....the third baseman and second baseman made some great plays to keep it close. I see Goodpasture going far....First time to see the team from the west...they beat Ryan. would have liked to see them play Baylor.....

St. Benedict did have a very good shortstop! I saw her make some nice plays against Forrest.

We did not have a problem with the format, just wanted to play great teams.... mission accomplished.

Thanks Coffee County.

We did not have a problem with the format, just wanted to play great teams.... mission accomplished.

Thanks Coffee County.

That is the attitude everyone SHOULD of taken. If you got put in a tougher bracket, it will pay off over the next two weeks. Much better to see more good teams then to cost to the finals of that tournament.

Standing outside the hut holding the equipment was not fun but some great parents and fans helped me get in. Thanks to Pedo, 5A Football fan and Scotty H for helping me out with the games.

I was going to come out there but I still want to keep the mask on and YOU are DOING A GREAT JOB ON AIR!! Keep up the good work! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

4.The food was good.

Good post!!

We all do things in the heat of the moment that we might regret later, I sure have!!!! MJ has a great program that wanted to win this game. If the play at the end of the game would have happened in the middle of the game we would not even be talking about it.

Coach Floyd has spent many years building this tournament to what it is, a great tournament!!! He would not have fixed the bracket so CC could win, if you think that you know nothing about Coffee County Softball!!!

Big win tonight and good luck in the District Tournament!!!