Reginald Buckner Memphis Manassas

Legend

Bishop Byrne High School is what I heard. I think I may hang around my neck of the woods this weekend and check out the all-star game at Liberty Tech. My main reason to go down to Memphis and watch would be to go watch Buckner but so much for that.

Yea I will be there in Jackson too...Is the 17u starting Friday??? I would love to check out both....

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Here is some Reginald Buckner info over the last few months. This by know means covers all the press this kids is getting this spring/summer. I personally hope he goes to Memphis.

June 8, 2008

Rebels make strong impression on Buckner

Neal McCready

RebelSports.net

Ole Miss dipped into Memphis last year, getting into the driver's seat for Craigmont High School's Terrico White just before he exploded onto the national recruiting scene as one of the top 100 players in the country. The Rebels could be on the verge of doing the same thing again this year, slipping into Memphis to grab a prospect who is charging up the national recruiting charts just before his senior season..... Reginald Buckner

Here are a few clips from the Rivals article--

According to Manassas assistant coach Jerry Anthony, Missouri head coach Mike Anderson made the trip down to Memphis on Wednesday and offered Buckner a scholarship.

Missouri joins Ole Miss, MTSU, SEMO, North Texas, Georgia State, UTEP and Bradley as the schools that have offered Buckner.

Arizona is also hot on his trail. Coach Lute Olson evaluated him at the Kingwood Classic, and Florida head coach Billy Donovan as called on the versatile and athletic combo forward.

Tennessee, Memphis and Kentucky are other schools in the mix as well.

Unapproved Website has Reginald Buckner as one of the top suprises of Nike Boo Williams Tournament last weekend.

April 12, 2008 from BoomWilliams Classic

Hall's inside partner Reginald Buckner has officially jumped onto the national scene with his impressive play Friday night. Every bit as athletic, if not more, as Hall, Buckner blocked three shots as an ever present defensive threat around the basket. Looking good with the ball in his hands, he also scored nine points on only four shot attempts with his new travel team.

Buckner listed Memphis, Tennessee (offer), Ole Miss, Arizona (offer), Kentucky, Missouri (offer) and UTEP (offer).

5/19 Memphis Hoopers

Reginald Buckner recorded a quadtriple doube with 24 point , 16 rebounds, 14 blocks, and 10 assist in a 79 to 68 victory over the Tennessee Heat....I had the pleasure of wintnessing part of this game.

By Jerry Meyer, Unapproved Website Basketball Recruiting Analyst

Mar 10, 4:03 pm EDT

Buzz Up Print2009 three-star prospect Reginald Buckner isn??™t on the national radar yet, but that might very well change this summer. Buckner, a 6-foot-8, 195-pound hybrid forward has his Memphis Manassas High School squad in the state tournament and will suit up this spring with the up and coming Memphis Pacers travel squad.

???Reginald is a scorer and rebounder,??? said Coach Eric Robinson of the Memphis Pacers. ???He is a big leaper who is good around the basket and has a nice midrange jumper. When he has a big man on him, he loves to take him outside and then slash to the basket.???

Ole Miss, UTEP and UAB have been to Memphis to watch him play this year, and Memphis and Arizona are showing interest as well.

On the season Buckner is averaging 17 points, 15 rebounds and four blocks per game for his 33-5 team.

Buckners 2007/2008 stats (against a very tough schedule) From what I understand his sytats over rthe AAU spring/summer have actually surpassed his Junior season. This against some of the best players in the country.

16 games with 15 or more rebounds and 32 game with at least 10 or more rebounds

29 games with 5 or more block shots and 14 games with at least 7 or more blocks

8 games with 2 or more steals and 27 games with at least 1 steal

63% FG for the season

2.5 assist per game

15.7 points per game and 13.7 rebounds per game and 6.5 block shots per game: from unapproved website

Buckner is currently rated # 87 by Rivals and a 4 star prospect and could very well vault into the top 50 before the summer is over.

Abdre Whitehead from Hoopscoops actually nmade the statement last week that in his opinion Buckner is the best player in the state for the class of 2009.

Another thing that impresses me (from the times I have seen him play) is that he plays with great composure and doesn't seem to force asnything. He just lets his game speak for itself. And his games speaks LOUD AND CLEAR of the talent this kid possess.