Reginald Buckner Memphis Manassas

Legend

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm waiting for a game next season where Buckner has 20+ point, 20+ rebounds, and 20 blocks. I think it could happen. Not saying it will, but it might.

I have witnessed Buckner get 14 blocks in 1 game as a sophomore when he averaged 8.4 blocks per game. This year he got 6,7 blocks per game. Teams didnt attack him the same way anymore. I no he will have GAMES next season with 20+points and 20+rbds. He could get 20 blocks in 1 game but I have learned after around 11 blocks players stop driving to the rim and start shooting jumpers. So my answer is he could get it against a stupid team that keeps driving but I DONT think 20 blocks in 1 game will happen. I wonder whats the record.

I have witnessed Buckner get 14 blocks in 1 game as a sophomore when he averaged 8.4 blocks per game. This year he got 6,7 blocks per game. Teams didnt attack him the same way anymore. I no he will have GAMES next season with 20+points and 20+rbds. He could get 20 blocks in 1 game but I have learned after around 11 blocks players stop driving to the rim and start shooting jumpers. So my answer is he could get it against a stupid team that keeps driving but I DONT think 20 blocks in 1 game will happen. I wonder whats the record.

Good Point. I'm not sure what the record is but I will see if I can find out.

The record for blocks in a single game is 15

Legend and yankees, let me ask ya'll a question since you've both seen him play. Answer it realistically... We've talked about everything Buckner CAN do well. Now, what is his biggest weakness that he'll have to improve on to make himself a top 10 ranked player in the country?

His three point shot and low post moves. Not saying he isn't good and dominate on the block I'm just saying I think any player with good height and size at any level (including the NBA) can impprove as far as low post scoring. Up and unders, drop steps, head fakes, and just basic low post moves just don't seem to be emphasized like it used to be back in the day. I'm alking about Kevin McHale type moves, not power moves.

COACHING!

I hate to put it all on the Manassas coach but it was pretty much his fault. If you watched the Single A state championship, Manassas came out in the first half ON FIRE! Union City was down 16 points at the half and MJ Brown from Union City only had 3. Manassas came out in the second half and kept jacking up the 3's and they got very cold from 3 pt. range. MJ Brown started to get into a groove and got his team rolling and finished with 33 points. Manassas never found a way to stop MJ in that second half and the Manassas coach just let his players keep chunking the 3's up while shooting poorly. Manassas should be back this year!

COACHING!

I hate to put it all on the Manassas coach but it was pretty much his fault. If you watched the Single A state championship, Manassas came out in the first half ON FIRE! Union City was down 16 points at the half and MJ Brown from Union City only had 3. Manassas came out in the second half and kept jacking up the 3's and they got very cold from 3 pt. range. MJ Brown started to get into a groove and got his team rolling and finished with 33 points. Manassas never found a way to stop MJ in that second half and the Manassas coach just let his players keep chunking the 3's up while shooting poorly. Manassas should be back this year!

I have to agree with you GC... Why in the world didn't that coach call a timeout and just feed Buckner in the low post?? Instead he let them throw up 3 after 3.. You have the lead run some clock by pounding it inside!!