Reginald Buckner Memphis Manassas

Legend

To be honest I got kinda carried away. But it does tick me off how the NCAA has operated in the past but finally they are getting a little bit tougher. The other thing is how people (fans) are for this school and against another school, run some schools players, coaches, and universities down all the while acting all high and mighty and it never ends. But guess what when the truth comes out the schools that are put on a pedastel as the allmighty standard bearers of whats right about college sports are actually the ones that are miserable failures as far as academics go. It's a total joke. And then the fans of these schools turn silent and don't speak out against the university after it's is scolded, shamed, penalized, and warned in front of the whole country..... to get there house in order or else..not by fans but by the NCAA itself. But after everything simmers mark my words the same people will come out of the wood works with the exact same attitude as if nothing ever happened and that the schools they support are the greatest thing since sliced bread and will get away with it becasue most people don't know about this stuff.Thinks of it this way. As a die hard Dyer County fan like yourself....It is almost the exact same thing just on a MUCH MUCH SMALLER SCALE. I know alot of you DC people are not well thought off , are called cheaters , not as good an academice highschool, and pretty much thought off as not worthy to even be considered an equal because your school, players, and student body is not up to the high upity standards of your main rival. And I'm guessing here that your main rival brings in a whole lot more revenue to because they have more wealthy people that support them than your school. Would it be a fair statement to say your rivals think of your school, sports teams, coaches, and student body as inferior when the facts are your school is an equal academically and even exceeds your main rivals as far as winning in the big two sports of football and basketball...and all that success came from good coaching and from running a good clean program that never not once broke a TSSAA bylaw even though baseless rumors are started all the time out of nothing. It's the same thing almost But let m make it clear I am not speaking as if all your rivals fans are that way. I have to shut up before I get started again /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Not just basketball and football, baseball, bowling, cross country... DC pretty much got out the broom swept Dyersburg (BIG RIVAL)!!! GC, you are a good guy and I see what you are saying about Bonds I believe the same way, but that statement contradicts your position on DC earlier in the year with that infamous "R" word!! GC, just quit hating on Dyer Co. High School and Dyer Co. fans!! Didn't Buckner play in Atlanta this weekend??

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One Memphis recruiting website has already posted there Memphis Ranking for the class of 2009. These people have seen these players more than anyother website out side of memphis or national analyst.

901prepscoop

1. Reginald Buckner - 6'8 - Manassas H.S. - Huge statement right ? At 6'8, whatever you want he can do and do it well. He effects the game not only on offense but defensively as well with his ability to block shots like a player 6'11. Incredible wingspan which makes him appear taller makes him hard to handle in the post with his soft touch but he can also handle the ball like a guard and take his man off the dribble and find the open man for shots. Buckner must continue to work on knocking down that perimeter jumper out to the 3 but with his work ethic, that shouldn't be a problem

2. Leslie McDonald - 6'4 - Briarcrest H.S. - Parade third team all-american, Mr. Basketball winner and he's only a junior but is that desire still there to be the best player to come out of Memphis in several years?

3. Ferrakhan Hall - 6'8 - White Station H.S. - Can do it all and should have a huge year next year if ego's don't collide on the Spartan team next year.

4. Anthony Jones - 6'4 - Raleigh Egypt H.S. - Enormous potential with the ability to score at a high level and feed his teammates with his passing from the point guard position. Potential to be the best wing in the city.

5. Larry McGaughy - 6'5 - Booker T. Washington H.S. - Natural 2 guard who really opened some eyes this year with his scoring ability but just maybe starting to realize his potential.

6. Greg Wooten - 6'2 - Briarcrest H.S. - Top 3 point guard in the city if not the best but must continue to work on his decision making and knocking down the open jumper.

7. Zach Jones - 6'4 - Craigmont H.S. - No more Terico, so it should be his show.

8. Ian Clark - 6'3 - Germantown H.S. - Arguably the best shooter in Memphis.

9. Marlon Brown - 6'5 - Harding Academy - Physical specimen who can bang or take smaller forwards or guards off the dribble but football maybe where his heart is.

10.Johnny Williams - Briarcrest H.S. - Would love to see him be more aggresive offensively and play with more a mean streak.

11.Terry Leake - WhiteHaven H.S. - Versatile 3 becoming one of the most talked about players in the city with his ability to score with the mid-range jumper and hit the glass.

12.Gentry Hines - 6'0 - Raleigh Egypt H.S. - Didn't quite live up to expectations this year due to trouble off the court and injuries but he could bounce back with a nice year next year.

13.Tyler Stone - 6'6 - Central H.S. - Long 3 or 4 type who could thrive on the wing if given the opportunity.

14.Cordario Macklin - 6'7 - Ridgeway H.S. - If he adds more to his offensive repetoire and a little more toughness, he's the best bigman in the city.

15.Lewis Jones - 6'3 - Carver H.S. - Not an unknown anymore, coming into his own as one of the most underrated players in the city.

16.Reggie Fondren - 6'3 - Raleigh Egypt H.S. - Can score with just about anyone in his class, but he must prove it on a consistent basis next year.

17.Drew Barham - 6'4 - Christian Brothers H.S. - Great shooter and the reason why Ian Clark may not be the best shooter in th city.

18.Travis Bridges - 6'0 - Booker T. Washington - People will see just how good Bridges is next year when he runs the show.

19. Russel Hill - 6'1 - East H.S. - Everyone knows he can score from long range but Hill may have to be able to play some point if he wants to get looks at the division 1 level.

20.John Mileski - 5'11 - Evangelical Christian - There weren't many nights when he didn't play well for Coach Tippett.

On the Bubble

21. Nick Ollie - 6'1 - Whitehaven H.S. - Athletic combo guard with the ability to hit the 3 on a regular basis.

22. Twann Oakley - 6'3 - Melrose H.S. - Quiet as it's kept, he's one of the best shooters in the city.

23. Tony Payne - 6'0 - Bolton H.S. - Best of the preps guard who can get to the rim with just about anyone in the city but may need to work on his shooting to make him more valuable as a college prospect.

24. Montrell Crawford - 5'11 - Sheffield H.S. - Him and his brother(Chris Crawford) could make for a quite a tandem next year with his scoring ability.

25. Tony Bates - 6'2 - Middle College - Unknown gem, can score in the post make the mid-range jumper and take his defender off the dribble.

What do you think?

Legend, I can agree with that top 10 but after the top 10 I don't know enough about the rest of those guys to know if it's legit or not. What do YOU think about the rest of the list outside of your boy Buckner? You and tero seem to know more about the Memphis players than the rest of us as you get to see those guys more often.

Legend, I can agree with that top 10 but after the top 10 I don't know enough about the rest of those guys to know if it's legit or not. What do YOU think about the rest of the list outside of your boy Buckner? You and tero seem to know more about the Memphis players than the rest of us as you get to see those guys more often.

The two guys from BTW will surprise some folks and the R.E boys should be ready for a state run. Buckner, McDonald and Hall's game speak for themselves....

10.Johnny Williams - Briarcrest H.S. - Would love to see him be more aggressive offensively and play with more a mean streak. TOO LOW HE IS A TOP 5 PLAYER. IF HE WAS MORE AGGRESSIVE AND MEAN HE COULD BE ON THE SAME LEVEL AS REGGIE AND LESLIE.

4. Anthony Jones - 6'4 - Raleigh Egypt H.S. - Enormous potential with the ability to score at a high level and feed his teammates with his passing from the point guard position. Potential to be the best wing in the city. I LOVE THIS KIDS GAME. HIS DAD PLAYED PRO BALL WITH THE LAKERS FOR A YEAR OR 2. I THINK HE IS MORE LIKE THE 7TH BEST PLAYER 4 IS TOO HIGH.

5. Larry McGaughy - 6'5 - Booker T. Washington H.S. - Natural 2 guard who really opened some eyes this year with his scoring ability but just maybe starting to realize his potential. GREAT PLAYER BUT MUST FIND AWAY TO HELP HIS TEAM WHEN HIS SHOT IS NOT FALLING FOR HIM. BUT HE CAN... STROKE IT. NUMBER 8 ON MY LIST

6. Greg Wooten - 6'2 - Briarcrest H.S. - Top 3 point guard in the city if not the best but must continue to work on his decision making and knocking down the open jumper. THE GUY SAY WHY HE IS TOO HIGH IN MY OPINION. HE IS NOT A TOP 3 PG IF HE NEEDS TO WORK ON HIS DECISION MAKING AND KNOCKING DOWN THE OPEN JUMPER WITCH HE DOES NED TO WORK ON THIS STUFF. MUCH TOO HIGH FOR ME HE SHOULD BE LIKE #15

9. Marlon Brown - 6'5 - Harding Academy - Physical specimen who can bang or take smaller forwards or guards off the dribble but football maybe where his heart is. HE IS A TOP 6 PLAYER

18.Travis Bridges - 6'0 - Booker T. Washington - People will see just how good Bridges is next year when he runs the show. WAY TOO LOW HE IS A TOP 10 PLAYER IN THIS CLASS. NO RAY RAY OR LIL PAT. TRAVIS WILL SHINE!!!

20.John Mileski - 5'11 - Evangelical Christian - There weren't many nights when he didn't play well for Coach Tippett. I WOULD MOVE HIM UP A FEW SLOTS ALSO. HE IS A TOP 5 PG IN THIS CLASS.

Reginald Buckner (Three Stars as of now) has offers from Georgia St, Bradley, MTSU, MIssouri, SEMO, and UTEP

Showing interest but not offered Memphis, Arizona, and Kentucky

The Challange Of Champions Tournement Held at Dickson TN this weekend

Featuring Top 100 Class of 2009 star Reginald Buckner

Reginald Buckner has been on a roll so far this spring/summer. April 11-13 he was playing in Virginia at the Nike BOO Williams Tournament. He had a great showing and lead the Memphis YOMCA to the silver division championship game. They played team leBron James for the silver title. Reginald had a great showing with 19pts 11rbds 4blks connecting on 8-11 attempts. Reggie made 3-4 freethrows with seconds left to seal the win. He also had 6 dunks one of them was a windmill!!.

If you go on Unapproved Website Reggie is listed as one of the top surprises from Nike Boo Williams they did a story on him.

Unapproved Website Top Surprises from Nike Boo Williams Tourney Hampton, VA

Reginald Buckner, G/F/C, Memphis YOMCA

Long and lean, Buckner carries a big presence on the court both on the defensive end and the offensive end. Offensively, Buckner is a slasher who is comfortable with the ball. Defensively, he can move his feet on the perimeter as well as protect the rim with his shot-blocking ability. The one weakness in his game appears to be a hesitancy to shoot the ball from outside. But as a versatile player in the mold of former Florida forward Corey Brewer, Buckner will certainly improve as an outside shooter and gives a provides so many other ingredients in a winning recipe.

April 18-20 Reggie was in Houston, TX at the Nike Kingwood Classic with the Memphishoopers.com team. Reggie had a great showing as well leading the Memphishoopers to a 4-1 record making it to the sweet 16. There only lost was to the Tennessee YOMCA in Double Overtime. Colleges such as Arizona, Ole Miss, Florida, UTEP, MTSU, and Missouri followed us to every gym. Lute Olson was at and 8:00am Saturday mourning game to see Reggie and liked him very much.

April 25-27 Reggie was in Dallas, TX at the Nike Next Level Ballers Tourney. Scout.com has Reggie on the front page right now. Even Daniel e-mailed me and said Reggie did extremely well. The Coaches from the Memphis YOMCA Team told me with all the High Major D-1 Coaches watching Reggie had a monster game Saturday in Dallas, TX.

scout.com

Next Level: Day 2 Rundown

Reggie Buckner

By Evan Daniels

Recruiting Analyst

Posted Apr 27, 2008

DUNCANVILLE, Tex. ??“ Day two at the Next Level Ballers National Tournament was solid as a number of talented 2009 prospects played to their reps.

Reggie Buckner, PF, Memphis YOMCA ??“ It??™d be tough to top Buckner??™s evening performance against the Rockets. The 6-foot-8 post prospect scored in the paint, swatted shots and hit the glass. When the dust settled, Buckner finished with 17 points, 10 rebounds and eight blocks in the double-digit win. Going forward, Buckner will need to gain some weight and further develop his back to the basket game, but overall he made a terrific impression on us in Duncanville.

Tigers Move On Forward

by Dave Telep of Scout.com, May 1, 2008 at 9:52am ET

Reggie Buckner Profile

The Missouri Tigers are moving quickly on a power forward. Reggie Buckner, a live-bodied kid out of Memphis Manassas, received an offer from the Tigers this week.

After strong showings on the circuit in April, Buckner peaked the interest of many a head coach. On Wednesday, Missouri??™s Mike Anderson put the offer on the table to Buckner.

Hot off the press scout.com May 1, 2008

Buckner Gets Noticed - Our first look at Reggie Buckner, a 2008 prospect, was at Boo Williams at the beginning of April, since then the 6-foot-8 power forward has been on a mission. In Dallas he had his full game working, as he was scoring inside, running the floor and blocking shots. He??™s creeping up the power forward lis

Reginald Buckner

Jersey # 23 Position: G/F/C Height: 6??™8??? Weight: 205 lbs Year: Junior

The Player

Dominate Hand: Right

When did you first start playing? 2nd grade

Why did you play? For fun

Who/what motivates you? My mother & twin sisters

Who/what do you respect the most? My Family, Coaches, Teammates, and Friends

What??™s your playing style? Whatever it takes to win

Why??™d you pick the number you were? #23 Michael Jordan

Best place to play at? New Manassas GYM

Worst place to play at? Middleton, TN

Worst sports moment? Getting injured in Illinois

Memorable sports moments? Qualifying for the state tournament/ Mr. Basketball Finalist

What might I expect to see from you? Team player/ I only average 10.6 FGA per game

What shows your versatility? As a sophomore I averaged 11.1pts, 9.8rbds, 8.6blks, & 4.3ast

Pre-game rituals: Have fun with my teammates

Accomplishments: Two time Memphis player of the week. All-District Team 2007 and 2008. All-Region Team 2007 and 2008. District regular season MVP & District Tournament MVP 2008. Regional Tournament MVP 2008. Mr. Basketball Finalist 2008. Recorded 7 triple-doubles and 18 double-doubles as a sophomore. Recorded 2 triple-doubles and 27 double-doubles this season. Reginald is leading the state in rebounds and blocks in 2008. According to unapproved website.com, Reginald is #69 in the nation in rebounds and #17 in the nation in blocked shots this season.

The Person

One word the best describes me: Leader

Biggest role model: My Coaches

I want to be a: Professional Basketball Player

Sports I want to play in College: Basketball

My top choices for colleges are: In no specific order/ Tennessee, Ole Miss, SEMO, Miss State, UTEP, Missouri, North Texas, Arizona, and others

I want to major in: Sports Management

My Favorites

Sports: Basketball/ Football

Athletes: Vince Carter/ Randy Moss

Pro Teams: New Jersey Nets/ New England Patriots

Brands: Air Jordan/ Nike

Music artists: Lil Wayne

Movies: Miracle (USA Hockey story)

TV Station: ESPN

The latest rankings by Rivals based on the early AAU performances and after the high school season. Some kids stock have risen and some have dropped a little. # 19 John Hood 6'6 185 from Kentucky.Hood moved into elite status from 4 stars to 5. Hood has been playing some with one of the TN AAU teams but I can't remember which one.#32 Leslie McDonald Memphis (TN) Briarcrest Christian G 6-4/195. McDonald stock has dropped a little. I think he was #17 and I know 5 stars before the current Rankings. Now considered a 4 star which is still a stud.#52 Ferrakohn Hall Memphis (TN) White Station F 6-7/210. 4 stars and ranked about the same as before.#53 John Jenkins Gallatin (TN) Station Camp G 6-4/175. Jenkins stock has sky rocketed to a 4 star player from a #73 ranking after the high school season. I know Jenkins has been tearing the AAU circuit up.#87 Reginald Buckner Memphis (TN) Manassas F 6-8/195. Buckner is now officially a top 100 player and a 4 star prospect and I beleive after the summer will move into the top 50. Buckner and Jenkins stock has improved more than anybody in the State. Neither player was ranked going into their Junior year. Buckner has made the most of his opportunity, and the whole summer is ahead of him. His stock will continue to rise in my opinion.

Appreciate that. I'm not exactly sure where the high school is at but I'll bet my money on it mapquest will be able to hook me up with some directions. Yankees, you know where I can find a schedule? I looked on Ballerz website but didnt see one.

Do you have excell software?