Blackman-Riverdale

rdfann

Copied from the 7-AAA thread:

From the 7 AAA bylaws:

Tournament Seeding:

If two teams or more have the same amount of points (3 points win and 1 point tie) at

the end of the regular season, then the tie breakers shall be:

1. Head-to-head

2. Highest seeded common opponent down to lowest

3. Goal differential not to exceed 3 per game

4. Coin toss

If I read #2 correctly, the Warren County-Lebanon match this week is going to decide seeds 1, 2, 4, and 5.

Details on the game please? I never saw this one coming.

It was a pretty well played match from the beginning. Riverdale came out a little flat. Matt Reed played great the entire game. He was everywhere on the field. I think there were about 3 of him out there. He scored on what started out as a corner in the first half with an assist from Matt Cavett. Half ended with a score of 1-0. Matt Cavett scored to make it 2-0 at the beginning of the second half on a throw in or a free kick ( cannot remember). Riverdale made a very good attempt to get back in the game with a goal from Patrick Compton to go to 2-1. Riverdale had a few good chances to even it up but that Reed kid and others wouldn't let us score. It could have been worse if Justin Cronin's two very good shots would have found the frame. It was a big win for Blackman as they were playing for not only the seeding for the district tournament but for Tyler Morrissey a former teammate who passed away earlier in the week. Congrats to Blackman for a hard fought game.

It was a pretty well played match from the beginning. Riverdale came out a little flat. Matt Reed played great the entire game. He was everywhere on the field. I think there were about 3 of him out there. He scored on what started out as a corner in the first half with an assist from Matt Cavett. Half ended with a score of 1-0. Matt Cavett scored to make it 2-0 at the beginning of the second half on a throw in or a free kick ( cannot remember). Riverdale made a very good attempt to get back in the game with a goal from Patrick Compton to go to 2-1. Riverdale had a few good chances to even it up but that Reed kid and others wouldn't let us score. It could have been worse if Justin Cronin's two very good shots would have found the frame. It was a big win for Blackman as they were playing for not only the seeding for the district tournament but for Tyler Morrissey a former teammate who passed away earlier in the week. Congrats to Blackman for a hard fought game.

It was a greaet soccer game to watch. These two teams have been rivals for a long time, but the nice thing about both of them is they have mutual respect for each other. It starts with the coaches, then the players and then the parents, as you can see from this post. Good clean soccer, sometimes physical but never dirty. Great stuff to watch.

Blackman finally played to thier potential and played thier best game of the year. As RiverdaleSccrDad pointed out we need to be able to finish and put the ball in the back of the net. The second goal was from a throw in from Matt R to Matt C. James who was in Riverdale's goal makes it very difficult to score, I can't imagine a 6'4 body coming at me while shooting and that makes a difference, especially when he is as agile as he is. Between these two teams either one could beat the other on any given day, it just happened to be Blackman's day.