New Districts?

batman2011

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anybody heard about the new districts starting the 2009 school season? I don't know who's changing districts but west carroll. West carroll is going to be in the district with halls, humboldt, scotts hill, and camden.

Check out http://www.tssaa.org/Classifications/index.cfm and then http://www.tssaa.org/Classifications/class...ion20092012.pdf

I've been hearing rumors for a couple of years now about what will happen when Station Camp goes to 3A. It would make sense to have all the schools in a county in the same district...if they're the same size. For instance, Smyrna and Lavergne should be with the Murfreesboro schools and Lebanon should be with Mt. Juliet and Wilson Central. If you add Station Camp and Lebanon to District 6, while removing Smyrna and Lavergne, district 6 stays the same size and county rivalries are in tact. The problem is district 7 gains a team, though it seems Warren County, White County, or Cookeville would fit better in another district. I haven't researched it thoroughly, but the idea of keeping county schools in the same district seems obvious.

Before anyone starts mouthing about wanting Lebanon out of the tougher district, I'd say before this year, districts 6 & 7 have been comparable, and I'm sure they will be again.

I've been hearing rumors for a couple of years now about what will happen when Station Camp goes to 3A. It would make sense to have all the schools in a county in the same district...if they're the same size. For instance, Smyrna and Lavergne should be with the Murfreesboro schools and Lebanon should be with Mt. Juliet and Wilson Central. If you add Station Camp and Lebanon to District 6, while removing Smyrna and Lavergne, district 6 stays the same size and county rivalries are in tact. The problem is district 7 gains a team, though it seems Warren County, White County, or Cookeville would fit better in another district. I haven't researched it thoroughly, but the idea of keeping county schools in the same district seems obvious.

Before anyone starts mouthing about wanting Lebanon out of the tougher district, I'd say before this year, districts 6 & 7 have been comparable, and I'm sure they will be again.

District 6 has only 4 teams, Chattanooga Central, Ooltewah, Red Bank and Soddy Daisy

Lets move White Co and Cookeville to District 6 to give them 6 teams

Lets move Warren Co to District 8 to give them 8 teams

Lets move Smyrna and Lavergne from District 9 to District 7 and Lebanon to District 9.

So District 7 would be

Blackman

Lavergne

Oakland

Riverdale

Siegel

Smyrna

and leave room for new schools coming down the road....

District 9 could be

Beech

Gallatin

Hendersonville

Lebanon

Mt Juliet

Station Camp

Wilson Central

What do ya think?

Sparta/Cookeville to Chattanooga would be a longer trip (plus different time zone). that would be very tough for the TSSAA to agree to I believe. I agree that a 4 team district vs some of these 8 team Districts isnt right. JMO.

Sparta to Chattanooga is 81.40 miles per mapquest

Sparta to Murfreesboro is 83.95 miles per mapquest

Cookeville to Murfreesboro is 81.75 miles per mapquest

Cookeville to Chattanooga is 98.37 miles per mapquest

Just out of curiosity...

McMinnville to Murfreesboro is 54.70 miles per mapquest

McMinnville to Chattanooga is 73.10 miles per mapquest

The Chattanooga district could add another team for the 2009-2010 season when the East Brainerd High School opens (near Ooltewah). Also, current AA schools like Hixson and Brainerd are never too far under the AAA cutoff so you could see them move back up possibly. If it remains four, it might be fair to move Walker Valley, Rhea, Cleveland, McMinn and Bradley in with them. That would leave one less district but maybe it could help other areas of the state.

Sparta to Chattanooga is 81.40 miles per mapquest

Sparta to Murfreesboro is 83.95 miles per mapquest

Cookeville to Murfreesboro is 81.75 miles per mapquest

Cookeville to Chattanooga is 98.37 miles per mapquest

Just out of curiosity...

McMinnville to Murfreesboro is 54.70 miles per mapquest

McMinnville to Chattanooga is 73.10 miles per mapquest

McMinnville is travel time wish is not to far from Chattanooga just alittle over an hour using highway 111. The only problem is if McMinnville were to play at Rhea or Cumberland or even Ooltewah then it would be at least another 30 to 50 min drive once they get into Dunlap or Soddy depending on which school they are going to. Plus it is only an hour to murfreesboro from McMinnville.

Now White Co. well they are already in our football region so it is possible that they could be in district 5 or 6.

Cookeville is better off staying were they are.

The Chattanooga district could add another team for the 2009-2010 season when the East Brainerd High School opens (near Ooltewah). Also, current AA schools like Hixson and Brainerd are never too far under the AAA cutoff so you could see them move back up possibly. If it remains four, it might be fair to move Walker Valley, Rhea, Cleveland, McMinn and Bradley in with them. That would leave one less district but maybe it could help other areas of the state.

There has always been talk of Rhea moving into District 6 with Soddy, Central, Red Bank, and Ooltewah. I wouldn't mind it if we did get moved to district 6.

District 6 has only 4 teams, Chattanooga Central, Ooltewah, Red Bank and Soddy Daisy

Lets move White Co and Cookeville to District 6 to give them 6 teams

Lets move Warren Co to District 8 to give them 8 teams

Lets move Smyrna and Lavergne from District 9 to District 7 and Lebanon to District 9.

So District 7 would be

Blackman

Lavergne

Oakland

Riverdale

Siegel

Smyrna

and leave room for new schools coming down the road....

District 9 could be

Beech

Gallatin

Hendersonville

Lebanon

Mt Juliet

Station Camp

Wilson Central

What do ya think?

There is a VERY good chance Red Bank will be dropping to AA in all sports except football. Signal Mountain High School opens next fall and could take as many as 250 students from Red Bank. Red Bank's current enrollment is 1050 students.

Red Bank is supposed to get some shifted down from Hixson too, though, to help make up for it. Some that attend Soddy from the area just north of Hixson High School are supposed to be shifted to Hixson but some parents are fighting that. The way students seem to attend schools all over the county no matter where they live, there's really no telling what will happen yet. Then there's the potential rural-urban split.

I thought Rhea would be a good fit for the 6AAA district too.

In all this coacht realignment, please keep in mind Columbia and Lawrence County. 4 of their 6 current district 8AAA road games are an 1 1/2 hour drive (or more). Columbia can drive to all of 11AAA, 12AAA, and 5 of 8 7AAA schools in less time. Lawrence County is in a more awkward geographic location though. They still could reach most if not all of 11AAA in less time.