St Benedict Lady Eagles beat Trinity Christian upset?

BARTLETTHSGRAD04

I understand that, but I believe he was replying to that poster in particular. It's not just the one person though, Mr.Noitall, one of your pals on here, even said Columbia Academy was going to West Tenn tournaments to run up their record. The people, who know what they're talking about, know that there are good teams in West Tenn. Have we lagged behind in the past? Yes, but the talent level and amount of girls playing travel is increasing greatly. The truth is, especially here recently, if you're name wasn't Goodpasture, Soddy, Beech, or Trinity the last couple of years, then you ended your season with a loss.

Also regarding the West Tenn teams not traveling to Midd Tenn Tournaments, I know Huntingdon and Lexington were scheduled to play in Hendersonville but all their games were rained out. A few teams went to the MTSCA tournament this year; some more teams went to the Tom Corbitt in Waverly. Obion Co. even went to the Bob Jones in Alabama. It's hard for them to make it to Soddy and Ooltewah because of the distance and cost. Camden went to the Brentwood tournament. So teams are traveling, but it's usually the better teams that are going.

WOW I did not know there were any other teams west of the Tenn river that was any good, other then TCA. I did not know they even had tournaments west of the Tenn river. I thought that is why TCA is in middle TN ever weekend of the season!!!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that, but I believe he was replying to that poster in particular. It's not just the one person though, Mr.Noitall, one of your pals on here, even said Columbia Academy was going to West Tenn tournaments to run up their record. The people, who know what they're talking about, know that there are good teams in West Tenn. Have we lagged behind in the past? Yes, but the talent level and amount of girls playing travel is increasing greatly. The truth is, especially here recently, if you're name wasn't Goodpasture, Soddy, Beech, or Trinity the last couple of years, then you ended your season with a loss.

Also regarding the West Tenn teams not traveling to Midd Tenn Tournaments, I know Huntingdon and Lexington were scheduled to play in Hendersonville but all their games were rained out. A few teams went to the MTSCA tournament this year; some more teams went to the Tom Corbitt in Waverly. Obion Co. even went to the Bob Jones in Alabama. It's hard for them to make it to Soddy and Ooltewah because of the distance and cost. Camden went to the Brentwood tournament. So teams are traveling, but it's usually the better teams that are going.

Being from Middle Tennessee and keeping up with High School Softball for many years I have seen improvements in West Tennessee Teams over the past several seasons. Some of them are entering very strong Tournaments in the area and those teams are getting better and producing more exposure for West Tennessee.

Sorry for the problem I caused with saying anything about softball in West Tn. I think there is great softball all over the state. Like Spojo said earlier, I do know Huntingdon and Lexington were in the commando classic, but were rained out. I also know that they dont mind traveling anywhere to play, they are just limited on where they can travel..Especially considering both those schools are football dominated..So its like pulling teeth for them to get things for other sports...I have more respect for the TCA program and its fans that most any other school simply for the fact they speak the truth..I am not a softball know it all by any means...I just was stating what i think and see here in West TN. I do think Camden has played for a few Championships, and I know TCA has won a few..And I am sure TCA might repeat. Yes the teams do play alot in West TN. But its not because they dont want to play..There are more places to have BIG TOURNAMENTS in Middle and East...Nashville, Franklin, Hendersonville, Shelbyville, THE BORO...etc...where would you like for WEST TN to have so many big tournaments..? Jackson yes...outside of that??????? True softball is more competitive in middle and east I agree...But there are a few teams over here that do not mind playing anyone..And if we take a beating...we will go home...Goodluck to all of TN softball teams....in district play this week..I hope to see some good matchups come that time...Once again sorry for the conflict I caused...