Sycamore

JC27

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another year gone and yet another basketball search at Sycamore. I wish coach Froedden the best as he moves up to the college ranks.

1998-2004: Barry Jones (2 District Tourney Championships)

2004-2005: Vic Shelton

2005-2006: Brian Farmer (1 Regular Season District Championship)

2006-2008: Pete Froedden (1 Regular Season & 1 District Tourney Championship)

This upcoming season will be the 11th year of "Sycamore War Eagles Basketball" and it will also be a year that sees the 5th different head basketball coach on the bench once the ball is tipped off in November.

Coach Ray will certainly find a guy who'll come in and win a lot of games in a hurry at Sycamore. With returning players such as Travis Dempsey, Shane Staggs, Michael Hoard, and Tyler Fuqua it's going to be very hard for them not to succeed on the court.

Will Keenan Froedden remain a part of the basketball team at Sycamore or will he be playing at David Lipscomb next year?????

I don't think Al Cooper will leave where he is at now. Clarksville has become a pretty good spot for talent and Northeast gets its share of it. Cooper came from Cheatham County to Clarksville to start with, I dont see him going back.

Another reason this would not be a good move is Sycamore could possibly be moving to AAA when reclassification happens for the 09 seasons. Sycamore would be put in a distrcit most likely in Nashville with Whites Creek and McGavock or in the Clarksville district. It would be hard to compete in those districts every year.

If they stay in AA it would be a good move, but why move from a great AAA program to a good AA program. Don't get me wrong Sycamore is talented, but it is a lot different playing in a district with Fairview, Waverly, and Stewart County then it is playing Clarksville, Northeast, Dickson, Henry County, and Springfield or Whites Creek, McGavock, Antioch and so forth.

Another year gone and yet another basketball search at Sycamore. I wish coach Froedden the best as he moves up to the college ranks.

1998-2004: Barry Jones (2 District Tourney Championships)

2004-2005: Vic Shelton

2005-2006: Brian Farmer (1 Regular Season District Championship)

2006-2008: Pete Froedden (1 Regular Season & 1 District Tourney Championship)

This upcoming season will be the 11th year of "Sycamore War Eagles Basketball" and it will also be a year that sees the 5th different head basketball coach on the bench once the ball is tipped off in November.

Coach Ray will certainly find a guy who'll come in and win a lot of games in a hurry at Sycamore. With returning players such as Travis Dempsey, Shane Staggs, Michael Hoard, and Tyler Fuqua it's going to be very hard for them not to succeed on the court.

Will Keenan Froedden remain a part of the basketball team at Sycamore or will he be playing at David Lipscomb next year?????

Well my guess is this was in best interest for Kennan. Now he has a place to play college ball, when the time comes. Also it wouldnt suprise me to see him in DL gear next year.

Well my guess is this was in best interest for Kennan. Now he has a place to play college ball, when the time comes. Also it wouldnt suprise me to see him in DL gear next year.

It would surprise me. You cannot transfer public to private without sitting out a year. Also, look for Al Cooper to surface further to the southeast. He is looking for a place for his daughter to play.

Turnover is due to:

Jones-moving back north closer to family to raise children.

Shelton- not ready for a head job in the first place.

Farmer- personal

Froedden- Better job

Thanks, I knew that it had to be something, they have had some good talent.